What's new

Indian mangoes losing American market to Pakistan

Pakistani Mangoes are getting good.. although I still cant find the elusive "collector" Mango.. apparently only found in India.
Its not only huge.. often as big as a papaya.. its also very sweet.
Still.. Go Pak mangoes.. just dont explode unless it involves killing a dictator.:cheesy:

Collector Mango is more commonly known as Totapuri Mango. It has a strange taste, I personally don't like it.

mango-tota.png

Well, normally when someone buys something from someone else, ie. pays money in exchange for whatever it is that they're buying, it become their's.

Trademark infringement. You can not buy Nike products and then sell them as Adidas.

It has to do with the soil. If go to Multan area and downwards, just stick your hand in the soil and you can almost feel how fertile the land is. The soil is very rich and full of many nutrients.

Wish I had the capability to determine fertility by sticking my finger.

Throughout history every invader came to capture Punjab area, because it one of the most fertile land in the world.

Pakistan also produces a Totapuri variety, unlike most other Mangoes, these types retain a Green and Red texture.

totapuri-mango-739324.jpg

I hardly see any Indian or Pakistani mangos here, minus Indian stores. Where are they sold?

lol Pk mangoes vs Ind Mango thread, I must say nothing beats the Alphonso.

lol Pk mangoes vs Ind Mango thread, I must say nothing beats the Alphonso.

All hype, no substance. The sweetest mango in the world is grown in the Phillipines.

The mango is native to India from where it spread all over the world. It is one of the most cultivated fruits of the tropical world[citation needed]. While other Mangifera species (e.g. horse mango, M. foetida) are also grown on a more localized basis, Mangifera indica – the common mango or Indian mango – is the only mango tree commonly cultivated in many tropical and subtropical regions, and its fruit is distributed essentially worldwide.

The English word "mango" originated from the Tamil word māṅgai or mankay[1][2][3][4](Tamil: மாங்காய்) or Malayalam māṅṅa[5][6] (Malayalam: മാങ്ങ; from the Dravidian root word for the same), via Portuguese (also manga).[7][8] The word's first recorded attestation in a European language was a text by Ludovico di Varthema in Italian in 1510, as manga; the first recorded occurrences in languages such as French and post-classical Latin appear to be translations from this Italian text. The origin of the "-o" ending in English is unclear.[9]

The mango is now cultivated in most frost-free tropical and warmer subtropical climates; more than a third of the world's mangoes are cultivated in India alone, with the second being China.

sorry about the source,

Mango - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom