What's new

Indian LCA Tejas Or Pakistani JF-17: Who Is Winning The Malaysian Fighter Jet Contract?

please correct me if i am wrong but F-16 comes under light weight category
Its project start as light weight fighter as complementary to F-15 but later converted into Medium class category
I think a better understanding of first shoot capability is needed

I have already explained that he PL15 200km range claims is for tankers and slow moving awacs .
The shoot capability on a Fighter will be 30% less at least ie 140km at best

now that is further eroded by
Height and speed of both the Thunder and the opponent at time of missle launch ie the 140km will hughly eroded if too high or too low

As the Amraam c5 and f16 all missed Su30mki even at 80km due to the tctics of diving steep or going too high the max range is erroded.

Then you have NEZ on each missle

Then you have loss of energy on the BVR missle fired the longer the range . the more energy reduced

Then you have the jammers

And the EW suites

Finally you RCS on each plane

Once you account for all these factors you begin to realise why the max BVR kill ever is less than 60lkm

Trying to kill a fighter from over 100km is almost impossible . Too much distance and time for the opponent to duck and dive called Hot & Cold
LOL, PL-15 is not for anti AWACS and Anti tanker mission but for intercepting fighter jets comparable to AMRAAM C8 which has almost a similar range, for intercepting AWAC and tankers and other ISR aircraft named PL-20 with a range of 400 km and our AMRAAM C5 has only the range of 105 km and what do you think about AMRAAM C8 with a range of 180 km, its a anti AWACS and tanker BVR or able to intercept fighter jets???
The MOST SHOCKING thing i have learnt is the contract with China is for 30 planes only in block 3 version only.

Why am i shocked ............. Well you have spent 10 years inducting 120+ Block 1 & 2 with all metal alloy airframes and there are rumours of fatigue on some planes already. No surprise there All the euro canards come with composites. The flight control is single axis FBW once again trying to reduce cost you have cut corners and increased manuel control needs so more work for pilot .

You learnt lessons and are overcoming these deficiences in block 3 versions ... but now we are told only 30 planes thats 1.5 sqaudrons.

Whilst you can spend another 5 years upgrading the block 1 & 2 cockpit with Aesa FCR and ew suites and other sensors like MAWS you cannot change the airframe deficiency .

This is where india got it right ordering only 40 block 1 Tejas and then 83 much more advanced mark1a

By the way somebody joked Tejas on Truck versis JF17 block 3 . that jokes a bit tiresome and dated now

look below
View attachment 738674

They have intergrated both Derby BVR and Python 5 hobs missles
Remember these 40 planes come with HMD and quadruplex fbw and composites in version 1 NOT in version 3 which you guys will not have until 2022

By the time you induct 30 mark 3 Thunders by 2024-2025 their version mark1a will be in full production

Pakistanis wont like this last remark but you guys are testing and improving your thunder in chengdu and adding chinease radar and weapons

Indians are testing and improving at home in india with both Indian & israeli weapons and sensors .
oh bhai derby has only 60 KM after 2019 you're inducting Derby ER version which has a same range of our AMRAAM C5, and as for your rants about INDEGENOUS thingy about your out of this universe Tejas can i list how many foreign tech and components are coming to west/Israel???
So you plan to launch a missile after detecting it by a satellite? If you are telling about GPS etc then you don’t seem to have got my question.

How do you exploit the full capability of a missile that has more range than the mother aircraft? On the premise that it will always launch missile with the help of an AWACS? Is it a viable plan? If at all.

Don’t get to name calling without understanding the post. Unless you are what you call others.
China has own GPS called Beidu dude, and AWACS has the more range than Block-3 it can guide any BVR from a safe/standoff distance and it is possible to guide BVR according to various professional members here on PDF
So you telling me an awacs is unable to locate a bogey for the f16 Blk50/52 and the f16 pilot is unable to fire an AMRAAM c7 at the location of the bogey from say 120km away? Just because the radar is 105km detection range doesn't mean the missile is limited to said range.

The AMRAAM is a ARH missile. It has its own radar which gives it the fire and forget capability. Not to mention how the radar itself can guide it upto say 105km then the missiles radar will guide onto the bogey for the next 15km.

That's how it works for the AMRAAM and that's how it works for the pl15.
i am sorry to say bro you're wrong, how can C-5 AMRAAM can go beyond the range of 105 km stated
Okay!!?
Albeit, chini weapons only

LCA can be integrated with Russian weapons too, which ofcourse the RMAF operates
Its a open source design dude if customers ask and west allow it can be integrated to western avionics/weapons too
I'm pretty sure it does.
Only C-7 does not our C-5 have this capability
range???
Hm? I said I'm from reddit because I pretty much can't help debating your stupidity that you keep on spewing. In this case the lca tejas being better than the lca jf17. I'm not using it as a qualification tf?

Then on top of that, you berate me for not giving sources when despite you not giving a single source and then on top of that playing dumb when given the source... Straight from PAC.

This is coming from the person who doesn't even know how an ARH missile even works. Let alone thinking the tejas is better than the jf17. You have no room to talk.
Bro dude mostly you're wrong or have not a ability to explain right things to @VkdIndian ???
Dear Windy,

In first video of Jf17, the jet was airborne in 19 sec after it started taxying.
In second video of Jf17, the jet was airborne in 18 seconds after it started taxying.
In video of Tejas, the jet was airborne in 11 seconds after it started taxying.

So basically Tejas requires 7 to 8 secs less than Jf17 to go airborne.
Can you elaborate the advantages and disadvantages of this difference for either of aircrafts.
Not every weapon systems in the world 100% perfect and fool proof even F-22/J-20/Su-57/F-35 have their own limitations and weakness, same goes to Tejas vs JFT for example Tejas has a good intetenous turn rates but is bad in sustain turn rates, delta is built for speed with limited agility but cropped tailed delta wing design is/was always built for agility and maneuverability if you looked to Aviation history from 50s to onwards
Can your JF-17 use the full range of PL-15? Your radar range limits your A2A missile capabilities.
Yes you're right bro, not any fighter in entire world can detect/track/engage enemy at their Max radar range
Pakistani???
Western maybe
Please identify those
We have developed lot of dump bombs, glide weapons like H-2/H-4

all western weapons can be intigrated on Customer request, and remember dude its a open source design
PL-15 is a 350km range missile, plus most aircrafts are 3m2 in RCS.
No most defense site saying its a 200 km range BVR at best
I quoted 200km-350km.

Range of the Klj7a is a 200km against 5m2 aircraft
No brocher from the manufacturing company of KLJ-7A stated that it has a range of 170 Km against 5m2 targets

all western weapons can be intigrated on Customer request, and remember dude its a open source design
And most weapons will share their source code with China, why?
It'll be another one of those things where China dishes out cheap knock offs of those babies to poor countries 🙂 and others start losing market

But yes hypothetically if both parties are in favour, it is a possibility

And most weapons will share their source code with China, why?
It'll be another one of those things where China dishes out cheap knock offs of those babies to poor countries 🙂 and others start losing market

But yes hypothetically if both parties are in favour, it is a possibility
China is out of copy cat era now and they are developing their weapons from scratch

Okay!!??🙂
Be as it may
That doesn't mean they won't play the curious kid with the weapons
You never know
They have both technologies from west and from Russia, and can i told you your out of this universe 100 gen Tej@$$ is copy of cancelled South African design named CARVAR, may be you purchase that design from South Africa lol

They have both technologies from west and from Russia, and can i told you your out of this universe 100 gen Tej@$$ is copy of cancelled South African design named CARVAR, may be you purchase that design from South Africa lol
That wasn't my intention
Anyway
Excellent answer
Pic related:
Screenshot_20210501-185625~2.png

AWACS has the more range than Block-3 it can guide any BVR from a safe/standoff distance and it is possible to guide BVR according to various professional members here on PDF
Can a missile that doesn’t have LOAL be launched without lock on? Can it be launched at more range than the mother aircraft radar detection range?

Attachments

• lca-tejas-model-toys-1550571546-4733299.jpeg
    lca-tejas-model-toys-1550571546-4733299.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 25
Soft-Warning
is that you:lol: look at the similarities

Look at the both designs
View attachment 739169
Okay Madrssa educated chap, the similarities are superficial
Just like how the similarities of TEDBF and Rafale are superficial
Okay Madrssa educated chap, the similarities are superficial
Just like how the similarities of TEDBF and Rafale are superficial
@White and Green with M/S get me more of pictures of that so called South African aircraft that Tejas copied from

It is not even looking like Tejas from any angle, for pakistanis Tejas is a copy of all delta wing aircraft in the world.

And that’s a toy model of LCA 🤦‍♂️.
You have to remember when you finalized the design of your vedic LCA aka Tejas South African cancelled this design in ate 80s/early 90s, and i am not that your vedic tejas is 100% copy of that design but based upon or Inspired with this design, if you are blind i have to say that JUST LOL to you

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to remember when you finalized the design of your vedic LCA aka Tejas South African cancelled this design in ate 80s/early 90s, and i am not that your vedic tejas is 100% copy of that design but based upon or Inspired with this design, if you are blind i have to say that JUST LOL to you

We have better madarasas than your mandirs r@pe education
First decide it is Mirage-2000 copy or some south african copy?

Your JF-17 inspired from MiG-21 wings and Su-27 tailwings.
We have better madarasas than your mandirs r@pe education
@krash

Back
Top Bottom