What's new

Indian, Iranian unease over Pak-Afghan warming relations

Everybody wants a stable Afghanistan. India is militarily present is Afghanistan right from the days when Northern Alliance was fighting the Taliban which has close links with Pakistan.

After what happened in Kandahar, we have to ensure that there is an India friendly leadership in Afghanistan.

Who knows what will happen once the US starts vacating the country. Nobody wants a Taliban resurgence here. US must not leave completely, atleast not for the next 10 years.

And lastly, I dont think should be any cause of worry for India or Iran over good ties between Afghan and Pak, that in no way can undermine India's heavy presence in the country.

If a third country which has no border with Afghanistan deems it her right to meddle in Afghanistan for her interests why a country which is directly affected by everything going on in Afghanistan should not care for her rights?????

India is a non-Player in this Afghan issue untill and unless an elected Afghan govt considered it for any role. untill then Indian proxies in Afghanistan are Unjustified

reading few internet forums where those Afghans residing in the west who ran away leaving the majority behind does not mean that most people in Afghanistan would favour India.

I think it is good for pakistanis to really know what their positon among the ordinary afghans is, denial wont get them anything. Afghans are afghans, no matter where they live, east, west, asia, europe or afghanistan itself. all afghans would have run away and left the country if they all had the chance, do you blame them? poverty, imposed wars, destruction etc have forced people to leave their country, otherwise why didnt we have afghan refugees before the imposed conflicts? and how can you say that afghans inside afghanistan are in favour of paksitan? That was a bit untasty when you said those who run away and leaving the majority behind.

I think it is good for pakistanis to really know what their positon among the ordinary afghans is, denial wont get them anything. Afghans are afghans, no matter where they live, east, west, asia, europe or afghanistan itself. all afghans would have run away and left the country if they all had the chance, do you blame them? poverty, imposed wars, destruction etc have forced people to leave their country, otherwise why didnt we have afghan refugees before the imposed conflicts? and how can you say that afghans inside afghanistan are in favour of paksitan?

:agree::agree: i would not take the view of few handful as legitimate against Pakistan as much as i wont take the view of few handful in favour of Pakistan.

In the larger picture claims of Indians that Majority of Afghanistanis will favour India in future scenario, can not be accepted as true.

If that was the case then i would repeat again that India would have sent its troops to Afghanistan.

BTW i was talking about the view of those few on an internet forum
so if Indians think that means majority then :agree:

If a third country which has no border with Afghanistan deems it her right to meddle in Afghanistan for her interests why a country which is directly affected by everything going on in Afghanistan should not care for her rights?????

India is a non-Player in this Afghan issue until and unless an elected Afghan govt considered it for any role. until then Indian proxies in Afghanistan are Unjustified

India-Afghanistan links date back to past several hundreds of years. 63 year old Pakistan cannot undermine such an old economic/cultural relationship.

Who is stopping from Paksitan from normalizing relationship with her neighbor? and btw what meddling is India doing in Afghanistan?
If building infrastructure so that ppl get to live is called meddling ,then yes, we are meddling.

And lets not talk abt consulates and RAW etc. then otherwise we will have to also bring in Kashmir here where ur ISI is meddling too much for the past several years.

:agree::agree: i would not take the view of few handful as legitimate against Pakistan as much as i wont take the view of few handful in favour of Pakistan.

In the larger picture claims of Indians that Majority of Afghanistanis will favour India in future scenario, can not be accepted as true.

If that was the case then i would repeat again that India would have sent its troops to Afghanistan.

BTW i was talking about the view of those few on an internet forum
so if Indians think that means majority then :agree:

i dont wana say this, but trust me, you cant find many afghans who favour pakistan. they might not say it in front of you because they dont wana be rude. but when they are among themselves, you will be shocked to see how they condemn pakistani policies and how negative their views are about pakistan. internet is good place and it is easy to say whatever you want cuz it is not a face to face situatation. as per india, pepole might or might not like india, but tehy dont dislke them either.

I think India is blessing in disguise for Afghanistan. Indian presence in AF will help to engage Pakistan in AF for more constructive roles.

In a long run if Pakistan thinks that having only a pro Pakistani govt. in AF will help Pakistani concerns then it will be a poor thinking. What i can see here is that any elected govt. in AF will be under tremendous pressures to serve national interest and development.

The day of barbarian power play, horsetrading, and wars to siege different pockets are few in Afghanistan.

India-Afghanistan links date back to past several hundreds of years. 63 year old Pakistan cannot undermine such an old economic/cultural relationship.

Who is stopping from Paksitan from normalizing relationship with her neighbor? and btw what meddling is India doing in Afghanistan?
If building infrastructure so that ppl get to live is called meddling ,then yes, we are meddling.

And lets not talk abt consulates and RAW etc. then otherwise we will have to also bring in Kashmir here where ur ISI is meddling too much for the past several years.

If you consider hundreds of years of invasions into North India as cultural links..then you are right.But current Pakistani provinces were also invaded on the way to India..so won't they have the same "cultural" links?

Pakistan can never Offer Afghanistan a better deal , then India , Iran or Russia.

Afghan government is being blackmailed into these negotiations because they have been left with no other alternative

But Afghanistan Must realize how to play it's cards well , Balance the interests of all those who have Interests in Afghanistan.

Unlike Pakistan We never wanted control but only cooperation.

The links was through areas falling in current day Pakistan. And several hundreds years back there was no INDIA aka Bharat aka Hindustan. Current day India is as old as Pakistan so dont try to be extra smart.

That should be non of Indian business neither we blame India for that.

Nobody is objection to the building roads but to your fraud and lie that you are doing it for Afghan people. Atleast we do not mince words about our national interests in that country and atleast we not dishonest like you in this regard.

Kashmir is not part of India hence there is no question of meddling in India by Pakistan. On the other hand you can take up Maoists issue and blame Pakistan if you found any clue to our meddling there.

Pakistan can never Offer Afghanistan a better deal , then India , Iran or Russia.

Oh please do not compare yourself with Iran or Russia.

I can digest Iranian/Russian or CARs role because they are also directly affected and have justification for interests in Afghanistan besides all these by cooperation can benefit each others and i would be having no problem if Afghanistan join hands with them.

BUT INDIA??????? sorry Afghanistan wont need you if she joins hands with Iran, and the above stated nations. Or for that matter even if she welcomes US forever

Afghan government is being blackmailed into these negotiations because they have been left with no other alternative

When you have no option you will go for talks just like Indian PM said about Maoists. They are their own people. The outsiders always supported the disgruntle elements and its not a new thing but the support of locals is the biggest issue.

But Afghanistan Must realize how to play it's cards well , Balance the interests of all those who have Interests in Afghanistan.

:lol::lol: You mean India

Unlike Pakistan We never wanted control but only cooperation.

You can replace the words control with cooperation, support, influence, proxies, its the same doesnt matter.

If you wanted cooperation why you did not contact Taliban govt ;)

If that was the case India would have sent its troops long long ago.

reading few internet forums where those Afghans residing in the west who ran away leaving the majority behind does not mean that most people in Afghanistan would favour India.

Afghans want Indians to help rebuild their country ,lives and lively hoods and we Indians are happy to oblige to this as a stable neighborhood is good for India.
Let me also make it clear neither the Afghans or the Indians want to see Indian troops marching through the streets of Kabul or any other afghan city.
The only way The Indian military comes in the Indo-Afghan relationship is in the training(Both in India and Afghanistan) and equipping the ANA.:cheers:

i dont wana say this, but trust me, you cant find many afghans who favour pakistan. they might not say it in front of you because they dont wana be rude. but when they are among themselves, you will be shocked to see how they condemn pakistani policies and how negative their views are about pakistan. internet is good place and it is easy to say whatever you want cuz it is not a face to face situatation. as per india, pepole might or might not like india, but tehy dont dislke them either.

Its a pity cuz many Afghanis is Pakistan, who are living in our country and eating our food and they are treated like one of us, but some of them still hate us, apparently they wont say that on our faces cuz as you just said it will be rude.

Im sorry but in my POV Afghanis in Canada are even worst then Indians, Cuz some of them simply dont like us, but Indian keeping in mind we almost share same language and culture are more attached to us. so its just my POV feel free to disagree

See all every body wants to do is fight post posts to satisfy their ego, thats all. Nobody wants to discuss the larger picture. Look from both sides off the coin. This has become a dick measuring contest. Then there is no scope for discussion.

Better to leave it here. One can decide only when the final thing unfolds. Till then everybody can live in their la la lands.

Its a pity cuz many Afghanis is Pakistan, who are living in our country and eating our food and they are treated like one of us, but some of them still hate us, apparently they wont say that on our faces cuz as you just said it will be rude.

Im sorry but in my POV Afghanis in Canada are even worst then Indians, Cuz some of them simply dont like us, but Indian keeping in mind we almost share same language and culture are more attached to us. so its just my POV feel free to disagree

Myth...India is more than North India..what does South,West or East Indians have in common with Paksitan?

Myth...India is more than North India..what does South,West or East Indians have in common with Paksitan?

I have many Indian friends in Ca, from all over India so.............

I am just making a point that if we hate some country policies it dosnt mean we have to hate its people aswel

Back
Top Bottom