What's new

INDIAN IN LAND OF PAKISTAN

Actually they do not try to hide also. So any person will notice them sooner or, latter.. Many of them get tea n coffee from the home they are shadowing..

do you have any other source than the blog we all read..

yes to some extent. like tea/coffee products, lol even best quality mangoes are exported.

Darjeeling Tea is one .

Then is coffee .

Indian coffee is said to be the finest coffee grown in the shade rather than direct sunlight anywhere in the world.

Almost 80% of the country's coffee production is exported. Of that which is exported, 70% is bound for Germany, Russian federation, Spain, Belgium, Slovenia, United States, Japan, Greece, Netherlands and France, and Italy accounts for 29% of the exports.

And all the good Konkan/Ratnagiri Alphonso Mangoes are exported as well . I make yearly visits to Mango Plantations in Ratnagiri to secure some before they leave .

Darjeeling Tea is one .

Then is coffee .

Indian coffee is said to be the finest coffee grown in the shade rather than direct sunlight anywhere in the world.

Almost 80% of the country's coffee production is exported. Of that which is exported, 70% is bound for Germany, Russian federation, Spain, Belgium, Slovenia, United States, Japan, Greece, Netherlands and France, and Italy accounts for 29% of the exports.

And all the good Konkan/Ratnagiri Alphonso Mangoes are exported as well . I make yearly visits to Mango Plantations in Ratnagiri to secure some before they leave .

ah haa! its mango season time, can I get some too ? he he jk. my maternal uncle is frm kolhapur so we do get our share on time, I eat mangoes almost everyday. I go bananas over mangoes :D

Even in Pakistan most of premium quality products get exported

exactly, and its not a bad practice. u get what u pay for. if the suppliers get more profit by exporting then why the hell wud he supply locally where ppl can't afford at hiked prices. ?

Darjeeling Tea is one .

Then is coffee .

The irony (tragedy) of this is that people in Konkan do not get to eat the best of their crop of mangoes. I knew a trader/exporter in Bombay who I accompanied to Devgad and got our family's stock. The family who owned the orchard did not have free access to the produce since they had auctioned their yearly crop to the trader. Then I found that story repeat itself many times with other local people.
Funny situation!

The irony (tragedy) of this is that people in Konkan do not get to eat the best of their crop of mangoes. I knew a trader/exporter in Bombay who I accompanied to Devgad and got our family's stock. The family who owned the orchard did not have free access to the produce since they had auctioned their yearly crop to the trader. Then I found that story repeat itself many times with other local people.
Funny situation!

This is true . That is why i go to people who have a couple of trees . Small farmers . Good Produce , great price .

And the sad part is when the same small farmer sits with a "Tokri" of mangoes on Highways around Mumbai and Pune no one buys from him except people who know , while the zombie crowd will throng the food malls to buy inferior quality mangoes with Stickers and A nice box .Aakhir Reputation bhi cheez hoti hai na :rofl:

This is true . That is why i go to people who have a couple of trees . Small farmers . Good Produce , great price .

And the sad part is when the same small farmer sits with a "Tokri" of mangoes on Highways around Mumbai and Pune no one buys from him except people who know , while they will throng the food malls to buy inferior quality mangoes with Stickers and A nice box .

That is true. BTW; how are the mangoes this year in "amchi Pune"? Are the prices going up still? Heard that the supply has been pretty good this year.

That is true. BTW; how are the mangoes this year in "amchi Pune"? Are the prices going up still? Heard that the supply has been pretty good this year.

Prices are better than last year . Mangoes have started flooding in . All kinds though i will wait for first showers of monsoon . It is after that you get mangoes which become ripe on trees . Rite now its more often than not the produce is calcium Carbide cooked .

Prices are better than last year . Mangoes have started flooding in . All kinds though i will wait for first showers of monsoon . It is after that you get mangoes which become ripe on trees . Rite now its more often than not the produce is calcium Carbide cooked .

This "carbide ripening" business; is it so wide-spread as that?

:woot: no rain yet in pune ? its raining cats n dogs past few days here in bangalore. past 20-25 days weather is playing so obnoxious here, n I have ppl around me with influenza, diarreah n wht nt. :sick:

:woot: no rain yet in pune ? its raining cats n dogs past few days here in bangalore. past 20-25 days weather is playing so obnoxious here, n I have ppl around me with influenza, diarreah n wht nt. :sick:

Is'nt there some Cyclonic weather system in Bay of Bengal? You're getting the effects of that; its not monsoon showers.

This "carbide ripening" business; is it so wide-spread as that?

yes . More often than not .Since its Quick way to make money . You can ripen the mangoes as and when you want . who cares if the consumers Land in hospitals .

Here's news from past few weeks .

Mangoes ripened with calcium carbide seized in Kasba Peth - Indian Express

Citizens call Food and Drug Administration about mangoes with carbide - Times Of India

After spurious drinks, it

And i assure you , its just tip of an iceberg .

Maybe by mid of next month but no rains yet !!

Is'nt there some Cyclonic weather system in Bay of Bengal? You're getting the effects of that; its not monsoon showers.

ya I kno tht. I was referring to the "mango showers" as Cherokee mentioned. it should have happened many days back.

Back
Top Bottom