What's new

Indian Home-built Stealth Frigate Sahyadri At Pearl Harbor For RIPMAC 14

stealth4.jpg

Live with it!

Dude, corner reflection is important, no doubt. But when you have many square meters of flat surface, the reflection from it cannot be neglected. Its not like corner reflection is only source of radar reflection. Its value lie in the fact that it reflects completely in the direction of incident beam. Thus even a small corner has a high cross section. But when you have several meter square of flat surface, they become equally important. All the navies around the world are not trying to make their ships ugly, but they shape the surface for practical purposes.

Dude, corner reflection is important, no doubt. But when you have many square meters of flat surface, the reflection from it cannot be neglected. Its not like corner reflection is only source of radar reflection. Its value lie in the fact that it reflects completely in the direction of incident beam. Thus even a small corner has a high cross section. But when you have several meter square of flat surface, they become equally important. All the navies around the world are not trying to make their ships ugly, but they shape the surface for practical purposes.

In your case, you are living by your tagline:

I have the right to be wrong, and still be happy...

Above tells me something of your personality.....Have a good day.

Winners also realize when they are making a mistake, and try to rectify it!

You can never win committing mistakes against your opponents...May be a lady luck...
But here, when you debate, the luck does not play any role...
Thanks for being my guest...

techold2.jpg

@narcon

as @SamBahadur said,it is inward-sloping tumblehome hull...

read this........

Stealth ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thats La Fayette...

In ship designing, the tumblehome is the narrowing of a ship's hull with greater distance above the water-line. Expressed more technically, it is present when the beam at the uppermost deck is less than the maximum beam of the vessel.

FS_Aconit_2.jpg

@narcon

as @SamBahadur said,it is inward-sloping tumblehome hull...

read this........

Stealth ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thats La Fayette...

FS_Aconit_2.jpg

In ship designing, the tumblehome is the narrowing of a ship's hull with greater distance above the water-line. Expressed more technically, it is present when the beam at the uppermost deck is less than the maximum beam of the vessel.

To those wondering too much about ships surface here it is :p:

Let me google that for you

Good job!
I learned more from Google than from my high school...

Last edited:
No wonder your typing speed is more than your brain processing speed The surface is deliberate as slightly protruding and retruding surfaces scatter the radar reflection. 8-)

That is the overall conception of the ship design. Never ever you will see that this principle is employed on the soldered steel plates of the hull...Show me the beef (on this) ..

hukum.jpg

The article you indicated states that "Retro-reflective right angles are eliminated to avoid causing the cat’s eye effect", nevertheless you saw that @OrionHunter has posted the pic of the French FREMM multi purpose frigate showing it was not as smooth as you mentioned.

Well… In this case, assuming that you are correct on saying they don’t have "Retro-reflective right angles", what we see on the French FREMM is a clear problem regarding quality. With your own words, the French frigate also Looks clumsy.

Please... Cut the BS, man!

This is not about a beauty contest. If the Indian frigate does its job, this is what really matter. Plain and simple!
Did you understand, or would you like me to draw it?

Back
Top Bottom