What's new

Indian Helicopter Discussion

India has 10 army corps.
Indian army intends to give each a helicopter attack squadron.The 3 strike corps will get heavy attack choppers and the 7 pivot corps light attack ones.
Means we will see more apaches if,the high end component of each heavy attack squadron is around 12-15.We bought 22.So another 14-22 will be bought i think.

I sincerely hope that India won't be expending missiles on single humans. The missile would cost as much as training hundreds of insrugents would cost. Cheap bullets kill them to an equal degree!

Here is the whole video though. Two apaches taking out an entire platoon of talibs at their leisure:

Ya for a single terrorist that would be expensive but for a group of terrorists trying to sneak in it would be a good option coz we are indirectly saving the lives of our Infantrymen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not like that buddy. Every threat is a prominent threat. Will you say that if one guy took down entire chopper with AK fire ??? And I don't think that was a missile. More likely a dum rocket on pad.

Well as long as we have bullets, we would use them. In the apache video above, the pilots clearly said on radio that they had run out of bullets, and were going to have to use a "missile shot".

Ya for a single terrorist that wuld be expensive but for a group of terrorists trying to sneak in it would be a good option coz we are indirectly saving the lives of our Infantrymen.

The IA should use a couple of LCHs to take them down, and record the whole thing and put it on youtube, like the apache video above. That would be fun for the terrorists back home, to watch their buddies running around helter skelter trying to hide from Indian helis, and crying like babies for their mothers. Maybe their pool of volunteers will be a lot less enthusiastic to cross the border and become (literally) cannon fodder.

The IA should use a couple of LCHs to take them down, and record the whole thing and put it on youtube, like the apache video above. That would be fun for the terrorists back home, to watch their buddies running around helter skelter trying to hide from Indian helis, and crying like babies for their mothers. Maybe their pool of volunteers will be a lot less enthusiastic to cross the border and become (literally) cannon fodder.

Good idea :tup:

Alpha Charlie..Sir are you listening? ;)

I sincerely hope that India won't be expending missiles on single humans. The missile would cost as much as training hundreds of insrugents would cost. Cheap bullets kill them to an equal degree!

Here is the whole video though. Two apaches taking out an entire platoon of talibs at their leisure:

80 is a big number but 50-60 looks possible.IA would be needing Apaches for its strike corps specially for anti-tank role.I think even if it goes to the Army the Army will still place a further order.

It would be awesome to see this beast in Kashmir doing this.....

[video]http://www.********.com/view?i=054_1348760938&p=1[/video]

Man the US are fools for realsing such vids,absolute fools. What is the purpose behind it? All this is doing is making those whom you are trying to engage more hostile and it makes them look no better than the Taliban who make such vids of their own attacks like IEDs on US convoys. Is it just to cater to those idiot Americans who sit in their bedrooms call all brown people "rag-heads" and get off on seeing such things? It is incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya for a single terrorist that would be expensive but for a group of terrorists trying to sneak in it would be a good option coz we are indirectly saving the lives of our Infantrymen.

Using an Apache for such purposes is a complete waste of resources. We have already established that firing a $100,000 USD Hellfire to take out a single terrorist or even a group of them is pointless, what the IA is doing right now with UAVs and ground based EO/FLIR has shown to be effective-the number of foiled infiltration attempts has skyrocketed and subesequently the number of militants coming in has plumated. If you want to go down the air-attack route I think a few ALH WSI will do the trick using their FLIR and then coming in with the 20mm cannon-no need to waste missles or rockets.

Or use a regular ALH with FLIR mounted and take advantage of a new purchase:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...barrel-machine-gun-ammunitio.html#post2626419

Man that would be a real welcome!!

So the Army will be getting 277 attack helicopters...they need a lot of Pilots now.

Well, starting from no choppers, to light choppers to attack choppers, army has come a long way, the next logical step would be to have it's own fixed wing a/c :D :disagree:

I think Greed should not get into the army top bosses & they should now be content with the attack choppers with no further expansion into IAF's domain, but i read that AAC wants some light fixed with a/c for surveillance & communication purpose, hope there is an end to it somewhere.

& Yes, each arm of the armed forces is getting such a massive expansion that we need more & more training institutes to get the best out of this expansion (certainly many more pilots), i think next 10 years will be great for us (i.e. defence enthusiasts), IN's own aviation wing will get 500 a/c by a decade, IAF will have close to 900 fixed wings in about 10-15 years & now AAC, way to go man :tup:

As far as AAC is concerned these are the nos. as of now:

197 Light Helicopters
179 LCH
79 ALH WSI
maybe 50-60 Apache
& many more UAV's

:woot: :cheers:

Man the US are fools for realsing such vids,absolute fools. What is the purpose behind it? All this is doing is making those whom you are trying to engage more hostile and it makes them look no better than the Taliban who make such vids of their own attacks like IEDs on US convoys. Is it just to cater to those idiot Americans who sit in their bedrooms call all brown people "rag-heads" and get off on seeing such things? It is incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional.

Psychological warfare. Practiced by every side in combat, always.

This is especially effective in cases where the fighters are recruited by being brainwashed about their tribe's superiority over their enemies, about their tribes doing god's work and so on. When you see videos of your men dying so helplessly, it becomes very difficult to sustain myths of your own invincibility or of full support from your god.

Using an Apache for such purposes is a complete waste of resources. We have already established that firing a $100,000 USD Hellfire to take out a single terrorist or even a group of them is pointless, what the IA is doing right now with UAVs and ground based EO/FLIR has shown to be effective-the number of foiled infiltration attempts has skyrocketed and subesequently the number of militants coming in has plumated. If you want to go down the air-attack route I think a few ALH WSI will do the trick using their FLIR and then coming in with the 20mm cannon-no need to waste missles or rockets.

Or use a regular ALH with FLIR mounted and take advantage of a new purchase:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...barrel-machine-gun-ammunitio.html#post2626419

Man that would be a real welcome!!

If money is more important than lives than surely what the IA is doing now is the most sensible thing.Using hellfire is expensive coz it is made for a different purpose but whats wrong in using cannon or rockets?

BTW Hellfire costs 58000$ which is 30 lacs approx...I am sure 30 lacs or 58000$ for a group of 6-7 terrorists is not expensive..The cost of even a single Army jawan killed will be more than that coz not only would the Army have to get a new soldier and spend lacs on his training but also give compensation to his family which will be close to 30 lacs.

Well as long as we have bullets, we would use them. In the apache video above, the pilots clearly said on radio that they had run out of bullets, and were going to have to use a "missile shot".

1. Well he might be outa ammo like your Video.
That was a hell of video :tup:

2. That's a nice though too :tup: but I have never seen GOI allowing air power in such case

Well, starting from no choppers, to light choppers to attack choppers, army has come a long way, the next logical step would be to have it's own fixed wing a/c :D :disagree:

I think Greed should not get into the army top bosses & they should now be content with the attack choppers with no further expansion into IAF's domain, but i read that AAC wants some light fixed with a/c for surveillance & communication purpose, hope there is an end to it somewhere.

& Yes, each arm of the armed forces is getting such a massive expansion that we need more & more training institutes to get the best out of this expansion (certainly many more pilots), i think next 10 years will be great for us (i.e. defence enthusiasts), IN's own aviation wing will get 500 a/c by a decade, IAF will have close to 900 fixed wings in about 10-15 years & now AAC, way to go man :tup:

As far as AAC is concerned these are the nos. as of now:

197 Light Helicopters
179 LCH
79 ALH WSI
maybe 50-60 Apache
& many more UAV's

:woot: :cheers:

CAS role should be given to AAC and they should be allowed to purchase whatever aircraft they want to for CAS role.

If money is more important than lives than surely what the IA is doing now is the most sensible thing.Using hellfire is expensive coz it is made for a different purpose but whats wrong in using cannon or rockets?

BTW Hellfire costs 58000$ which is 30 lacs approx...I am sure 30 lacs or 58000$ for a group of 6-7 terrorists is not expensive..The cost of even a single Army jawan killed will be more than that coz not only would the Army have to get a new soldier and spend lacs on his training but also give compensation to his family which will be close to 30 lacs.

And point to add
All rockets/missiles come with shelf life. After that they are useless. So forces use them out before expiring be it 1$ or 100000$.

I guess rockets are cheap compare to missiles. Salvo of rockets is used to clear out the area or fortification. They are effective but not that accurate. But it's hell in short range.

CAS role should be given to AAC and they should be allowed to purchase whatever aircraft they want to for CAS role.

How about HAL talking to IA for a sale of few LCA's to AAC :P :D, this will be really annoying for the IAF which is still not inducting the Tejas into it's inventory & saying we want more.

How about HAL talking to IA for a sale of few LCA's to AAC :P :D, this will be really annoying for the IAF which is still not inducting the Tejas into it's inventory & saying we want more.

Yeah why not ;)

I would love to see A-10 with the IA.You know it would be a extremely good thing for the Strike Corps...Our tank formations backed by Apaches,A-10s and AF a/cs with CBU-105...Who would wanna mess with them? ;)

Back
Top Bottom