What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

BS Article... my father a Major at that time went to serve Sri Lanka as IPKF and he told me only one thing that he is there to help the local people and so are his friends. He was in ordinance and he got shot, however it was a ricochet and he was not badly injured. However, many of his friends met a different fate.

Who were they supporting?

The LTTE? No they were supporting sovereign state of Srilanka as ordered by MoD

Let's be respectful to the people who laid their life for other countries interest. Do you even know a naval Sri Lankan commando (tamil origin) tried to kill Rajiv Gandhi during a march???

India created LTTE but would have destroyed LTTE in 1987 if not for these backstabbing p**ks who supported LTTE by providing clandestine arms causing deaths of the Indian soldiers.

And do they acknowledge Indian help in destroying LTTE in 2009? no

The hilarious part is SL members here claiming to be the authoritative source of SL history and blaming everyone from India to TN tamilians to International Human rights organizations not acknowledging their part in the whole mess starting with the disenfranchising of the Indian descent Tamilians immediately after independence thereby reducing the Tamil citizens strength in SL from 33% to 20% so that the Sinhala majority can have the political power - not to mention the 1956 Sinhala only act, not to mention the 1958 riots killing Tamilians, not to mention the Univerisities act, not to mention the burning of Jaffna library and 1983 Black July etc etc.

Stop blaming everyone for your mess and start taking atleast partial responsibility for the chaos SL is in since the independence. LTTE came only in 1970s while you started the mess since 1948. India got involved in 1960s due to you denying the citizenship for Indian descent tamilians who was there for decades since the 19th century.

33%?? Don't post fake stats!
Really shame on you!

The hilarious part is SL members here claiming to be the authoritative source of SL history and blaming everyone from India to TN tamilians to International Human rights organizations not acknowledging their part in the whole mess starting with the disenfranchising of the Indian descent Tamilians immediately after independence thereby reducing the Tamil citizens strength in SL from 33% to 20% so that the Sinhala majority can have the political power - not to mention the 1956 Sinhala only act, not to mention the 1958 riots killing Tamilians, not to mention the Univerisities act, not to mention the burning of Jaffna library and 1983 Black July etc etc.

You seem to be a wolf in sheep clothing.. I'd refrain from responding to the likes of you until you have quoted me directly.. Disfranchising Indian Tamils remains just that.. They were Indian bought in hoards as indentured labour by the Brits in thousands, Independent Ceylon had every right to deport non citizens from it's soil but they didn't.. They kept more than half of them and granted them citizenship.. I'd like to see TN granting thousands of SL Tamil refugees languishing in hell holes of camps there over decades.. Then at least you have a moral right to point fingers at other countries

It's ironic that those in the forefront of the campaign to deport them were Ceylonese Tamil leaders.. G.G Ponnambalam and S.V Chelvanayagam.. They wanted nothing to do with what they considered Indian Coolies.. So yeah we do know our history more than the what some of the jokers in TN trying to portray by their twisted logic

1956 not 58' get your facts right.. Sinhala only act was a mistake but a mistake done in good intentions, Which was corrected later on, No post colonial country is error free especially in the early days of independence, The same was happening in TN at the time where Madrasis were rioting against Hindi.. It was not only the Tamils that face disadvantage but rest of the minorities who didn't speak Sinhalese including English speakers of the Sinhala community.. So stop trying to make it a plausible reason for terrorism

As I mentioned black July is a black mark in the countries history BUT it was never ever repeated after despite dastard provocations by LTTE and those terrorists in TN over the years.. Shows the resilience of Sri Lankans to the efforts of extremists overseas

Final note.. Don't try to portray the twisted propaganda of separatist machinery as real facts of another country.. We it's citizens knows indept complexities of what issues we faced in our own country.. It's best that you concentrate your good will on your own.. Without trying to poach in on others

Don't post fake stats!
Really shame on you!

Not shame on me - The shame is on you guys not taking even an iota of responsibility and claiming to be others' fault for the mess you are in - Lets disagree on the nos as I quoted wikipedia but do you deny that the Indian descent tamilians were denied citizenship or do you deny Shastri-Bhandranaike treaty in 1960s to settle the citizenship issue but which took till 2000s to complete it?

Remember this was the time period since 1800s when Indians were taken to South Africa, Guyana and other places and these countries did not send these Indians back and have acknowledged as their own - except for SL

You seem to be a wolf in sheep clothing.. I'd refrain from responding to the likes of you until you have quoted me directly.. Disfranchising Indian Tamils remains just that.. They were Indian bought in hoards as indentured labour by the Brits in thousands, Independent Ceylon had every right to deport non citizens from it's soil but they didn't.. They kept more than half of them and granted them citizenship.. I'd like to see TN granting thousands of SL Tamil refugees languishing in hell holes of camps there over decades.. Then at least you have a moral right to point fingers at other countries

It's ironic that those in the forefront of the campaign to deport them were Ceylonese Tamil leaders.. G.G Ponnambalam and S.V Chelvanayagam.. They wanted nothing to do with what they considered Indian Coolies.. So yeah we do know our history more than the what some of the jokers in TN trying to portray by their twisted logic

1956 not 58' get your facts right.. Sinhala only act was a mistake but a mistake done in good intentions, Which was corrected later on, No post colonial country is error free especially in the early days of independence, The same was happening in TN at the time where Madrasis were rioting against Hindi.. It was not only the Tamils that face disadvantage but rest of the minorities who didn't speak Sinhalese including English speakers of the Sinhala community.. So stop trying to make it a plausible reason for terrorism

As I mentioned black July is a black mark in the countries history BUT it was never ever repeated after despite dastard provocations by LTTE and those terrorists in TN over the years.. Shows the resilience of Sri Lankans to the efforts of extremists overseas

Final note.. Don't try to portray the twisted propaganda of separatist machinery as real facts of another country.. We it's citizens knows indept complexities of what issues we faced in our own country.. It's best that you concentrate your good will on your own.. Without trying to poach in on others

Yes - and you would claim that I am an LTTE supporter as well just because of my ethnicity. what else SL members can do? I come from a family where my family member served as an officer in INS Vindhyagiri which prevented Seychelles' coup and Maldives' coup - the other 2 backstabbing countries now is a different story altogether.

For every action there is equal and opposite reaction! Newtons third law of motion is applicable in all walks of life... You mean to say that SL did NOTHING to Tamils for they took arms to avoid boredom?

Between IPKF was in a raping spree in SL and that is the main reason for the LTTE to kill Rajiv Gandhi!

Sending your Army and promoting terrorism was India's mistake... Either India should have done an Bangladesh in SL or should have supported SL government and exerted diplomatic pressure to make them treat the minorities in the correct sense!

Also the SL naval guard did NOT try to kill Rajiv Gandhi... but tried to hit him!

Comeon man India just sent a force on Sri Lanka's request... how can it be counted as terrorism?
What are the netural sources of rapes?
SL is different, Bangladesh is different... every problem has a different solution.
Don't you think if he would have hit Rajiv Gandhi with his Rifles but, he would live?

Not shame on me - The shame is on you guys not taking even an iota of responsibility and claiming to be others' fault for the mess you are in - Lets disagree on the nos as I quoted wikipedia but do you deny that the Indian descent tamilians were denied citizenship or do you deny Shastri-Bhandranaike treaty in 1960s to settle the citizenship issue but which took till 2000s to complete it?

Remember this was the time period since 1800s when Indians were taken to South Africa, Guyana and other places and these countries did not send these Indians back and have acknowledged as their own - except for SL

You have to tell that to British or you have to call them back coz those are your citizens. Anyway we still holding around 9 lakhs of Indian Tamils who brought here by British. I think Burma send back Tamils too.

btw 33% claim is hilarious...Tamils love huge numbers though real info is far away from their dreams.

CPDHjdR.jpg

You have to tell that to British or you have to call them back coz those are your citizens. Anyway we still holding around 9 lakhs of Indian Tamils who brought here by British. I think Burma send back Tamils too.

btw 33% claim is hilarious...Tamils love huge numbers though real info is far away from their dreams.

CPDHjdR.jpg

That is the issue - 2 countries - Burma in 1960s when the army took over and sent back not just tamilians but other Indians as well - while you guys were the leaders and trendsetters - you guys started it in 1948 as soon as you got the independence, you showed your xenophonic attitude - the attitude not shown even by the white apartheid regime in South Africa.

Yes - and you would claim that I am an LTTE supporter as well just because of my ethnicity. what else SL members can do?

If I claimed you were a LTTE supporter i' would have called you a Tiger in Sheep clothing.. But no you have less credence like those thousands of poachers deliberately encroaching to SL waters destroying our marine wealth, destroying the livelihoods of SL Tamil fishermen yes our Tamil fishermen, Using banned fishing methods, bottom trolling, destroying Tamil fishermen's nets and then cry asunder screaming harassment by Lankan navy when apprehended red handed.. Nothing but petty thieves and poachers...Always wanting other peoples stuff.. But quick to pull out the victim card.. Typical

You have no right to do that... They are living there for more than a century! Does any UN law support that? NOPE... By that Logic Pakistan should vacate Pakistan Land and go to Persia!

So the Americans fell for TN twisted logic?

The difference is India handled the situation well, India is an English speaking country only because of Tamils.... But SL had handled the situation in a very worse manner!

You did it, The Tiger did that back to you... and that gone in a vicious circle! Now war is over... Kindly introspect and make NO mistakes this time.

Sorry we WON'T, We have our minorities living there, and we will protect their interests! You cannot say NO, Even if you say NO, We won't stop... You have to live with it... Let us work to make a relationship like US-Canada or Australia-New Zealand!

If I claimed you were a LTTE supporter i' would have called you a Tiger in Sheep clothing.. But no you have less credence like those thousands of poachers deliberately encroaching to SL waters destroying our marine wealth, destroying the livelihoods of SL Tamil fishermen yes our Tamil fishermen, Using banned fishing methods, bottom trolling, destroying Tamil fishermen's nets and then cry asunder screaming harassment by Lankan navy when apprehended red handed.. Nothing but petty thieves and poachers...Always wanting other peoples stuff.. But quick to pull out the victim card.. Typical

Now playing the SL tamil fishermen sympathy card? My heart would first beat for TN fishermen and my sympathy lies with them and the denial of their fishing rights due to Katchatheevu island issue.

That is the issue - 2 countries - Burma in 1960s when the army took over - while you guys were the leaders and trendsetters - you guys started it in 1948 as soon as you got the independence, you showed your xenophonic attitude.

oh man, it's your people it's your responsibility to take them back. We didn't bring them here.

That is the issue - 2 countries - Burma in 1960s when the army took over and sent back not just tamilians but other Indians as well - while you guys were the leaders and trendsetters - you guys started it in 1948 as soon as you got the independence, you showed your xenophonic attitude - the attitude not shown even by the white apartheid regime in South Africa.

You guys are quick to change the goal posts arnt ya?? When confronted with actual facts to debunk your hallucinations.. The reasons for Fiji, Malaya, Guyana or South Africa to deport had nothing to do with citizenship rights but mere logistics.. Do you think Malaysia are still happy with their quota??

oh man, it's your people it's your responsibility to take them back. We didn't bring them here.

That is called Xenophobic mentality. You inherited the country from Britain but you do not want some of its population who helped with your country's economy by working in tea estates and rubber plantations just because they spoke a different language, right?

Comeon man India just sent a force on Sri Lanka's request... how can it be counted as terrorism?

I meant nourishing the LTTE is terrorism! Not India sending IPKF

What are the netural sources of rapes?

I heard for the SL people who emigrated to India! As such I didn't search for any neutral sources!

SL is different, Bangladesh is different... every problem has a different solution.

Nope if they had wanted to create trouble for SL, India should have directly involved... Rather than nourishing terrorism!

Don't you think if he would have hit Rajiv Gandhi with his Rifles but, he would live?

Look at the video... If the guard wanted to kill him, He would have shot him or done anything else! Not hit him with his Rifle's handle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now playing the SL tamil fishermen sympathy card? My heart would first beat for TN fishermen and my sympathy lies with them and the denial of their fishing rights due to Katchatheevu island issue.

They do not have rights to fish there only to dry nets and worship the shrine.. Even if they did it's illegal under international and Sri Lankan law because they use bottom trolling due to their greed ad thus destroy OUR marine wealth after completely decimation it on the Indian side!!

And beside the point most of those arrested are well within our territory far in even from Kachchteevu

I mentioned the fishermen issue to moot a point.. People like you are always a menace to others while your own home keeps burning.. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom