What's new

Indian Female Students Assaulted By Ukrainian Soldiers

What were these students still doing in Ukraine? Didnt they watch the news and saw a massive Russian army at the border of Ukraine and all other countries closing down their embassies.

They should have left long time ago.

Bud, people of non European ancestry have been assaulted and stopped from entering trains to leave Ukrain. Indians are not the only victims, many Nigerian students have been assaulted, humiliated and their life put in danger.

Its because only women and children are being allowed to leave. Male students from foreign backgrounds are being held back until the women and children evacuate.

We are all Global South. On these issues we are united because we do share something in common which the Europeans no matter what side or creed will never consider the Global South a legitimate heir to any global influence. Not even Russia. Russia doesn't actually like China's progress either.

To them, we should all be their subjects or indirect slaves. Surface niceties are bullshit facades kept around during good times. As long as they are at the top, they will spare a few words and smiles and some may go further but at the heart, it is how this world works. Only power matters. Only your country's true industrial, scientific, and technological prowess matters. Not even money matter above that.

This situation should teach the Global South where we are in the eye of the European powers no matter what side of politics they are. Especially the wealthier European powers.

Good point, and India knows that Europeans look down at them but they are willing to be the household slave to the Europeans and oppressed other global south none Europeans. This is why Indians can’t be trusted by any none European as they are the stooge to European imperialism.

Good point, and India knows that Europeans look down at them but they are willing to be the household slave to the Europeans and oppressed other global south none Europeans. This is why Indians can’t be trusted by any none European as they are the stooge to European imperialism.
you are a very intelligent man.

In general Indians are phenotypically very different looking than most Pakistanis, the difference is even starker when looking at Pakistani Kashmiris and Pathans. Myself I've been mistaken for Greek/Turkish/Iranian by white people in America, Europe.

So some of you who are saying X people can't tell the difference, give it a rest. As for treatment of the Indian girl and other Indians, big deal. If she was in India she would have been raped by Indian police/soldiers. They should forward their complaints to Modi.
Average out how a Pakistani looks by taking into account all of Pakistan’s regional differences and then do the same for India/ Sl/BD. What you’d get is something indistinguishable to non south Asians, which is a brown person. You and I can look at people and make intelligent guesses as to which part of south Asia they’d be from, but this thread is not about that.
If you are a person who’d look at a girl being mistreated and then calculate whether you need to intervene or not basis the geopolitics of the leaders of the nation she was born in, then you and I have been brought up very differently.

Western people judge on genetics and looks. Ukraine is not the west. UK and USA are the defenition of the west. Disregard their politics, in terms of society.

These aren't 'evacuation' flights. They didn't evacuate them from Ukraine where the war is actually happening, but from Poland, Hungary and surrounding areas after those students 'evacuated' themselves from Ukraine and were already safe. What a clownish narrative Indian media is trying to play to save face for their government.

These aren't 'evacuation' flights. They didn't evacuate them from Ukraine where the war is actually happening, but from Poland, Hungary and surrounding areas after those students 'evacuated' themselves from Ukraine and were already safe. What a clownish narrative Indian media is trying to play to save face for their government.

I don't watch their media. I might as well tune into North Korean tv, its banana republic grade news.

Western people judge on genetics and looks. Ukraine is not the west. UK and USA are the defenition of the west. Disregard their politics, in terms of society.

Many societies and people judge by genetics and looks even if they deny it. It is human nature. Vast majority of CEOs of large companies around the world are 6' or more, that is no coincidence.

Average out how a Pakistani looks by taking into account all of Pakistan’s regional differences and then do the same for India/ Sl/BD. What you’d get is something indistinguishable to non south Asians, which is a brown person. You and I can look at people and make intelligent guesses as to which part of south Asia they’d be from, but this thread is not about that.
If you are a person who’d look at a girl being mistreated and then calculate whether you need to intervene or not basis the geopolitics of the leaders of the nation she was born in, then you and I have been brought up very differently.

I disagree with this 'averaging' out point. On average Pakistani ethnic groups are phenotypically different from most Indian ethnic groups. Pakistani Kashmiris, Pathans, Balochis, and like 40% of Punjabis (IMO) are on average different looking to Indians of different regions. It's not just skin color, but nose, lips, height, eye area/brow, hair, and physique.

Many societies and people judge by genetics and looks even if they deny it. It is human nature.

And South Asians look very different depending on their genetics and this affects how they are treated by others.

I feel for the black community the most as they get the worst treatment.

I disagree with this 'averaging' out point. On average Pakistani ethnic groups are phenotypically different from most Indian ethnic groups. Pakistani Kashmiris, Pathans, Balochis, and like 40% of Punjabis (IMO) are on average different looking to Indians of different regions. It's not just skin color, but nose, lips, height, eye area/brow, hair, and physique.

I think what he meant to the average white person, they see everyone from the subcontinent as the same.

Yes they will probably not find the darkest skinned S Asians as attractive as the lightest ones, but everyone is lumped into the same category.

Last edited:
In think what he meant to the average white person, they see everyone from the subcontinent as the same.

Yes they will probably not find the darkest skinned S Asians as attractive as the lightest ones, but everyone is lumped into the same category.

That's the thing you wouldn't know if you're a dark skinned south Asian. My experience as a Kashmiri/Pakistani has been different and people's first though isn't Indian. I do agree if you look close enough you will prob get lumped into the broader category of Indian or South Asian by Europeans/Americans.

That's the thing you wouldn't know if you're a dark skinned south Asian. My experience as a Kashmiri/Pakistani has been different and people's first though isn't Indian. I do agree if you look close enough you will prob get lumped into the broader category of Indian or South Asian by Europeans/Americans.

I am not a dark-skinned S Asian.

Have been confused for Greek etc but there are lighter S Asians than me for sure.

My point stands that to the average white person we are all the same and in situations like in Ukraine, do not expect any more favourable treatment
if your skin colour is on the lighter side of the S Asian spectrum

I am not a dark-skinned S Asian.

Have been confused for Greek etc but there are lighter S Asians than me for sure.

My point stands that to the average white person we are all the same and in situations like in Ukraine, do not expect any more favourable treatment
if your skin colour is on the lighter side of the S Asian spectrum

As I said its not just skin color, if you don't look like a typical Bengali/Indian you wouldn't be treated or viewed as such by the average white person. I have people in my immediate family who are viewed as Italian by average and well traveled white people--because it's not just about skin color. I've seen Indians and even very few Bengalis with lighter skin tones but you all still look "Indian".

Lol a Bengali being confused for a Greek, never heard that before.

Back
Top Bottom