What's new

Indian Elections: Who did you Vote

Who did you vote for

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually it is not so,madam.The word secularism is not an essential Bengal monopoly. Ideologies are not ethnic specific anymore in this age. What I feel is rest of India is as secular as Bengal. Otherwise we would not have seen the visible compromise between your "Dharmic" ideas and development issues in BJP's electoral manifesto. Being committed to Indian democracy and the plurality of this country, BJP has put aside its hard core communal agendas. Mr.Modi in his public interviews is assuring all Indians not to worry or fear from anything. He even said all the religions leads to a common goal. This comment suddenly does not makes him "Sickular", or does it? Tell me what does Madhu Green leaf and Amit Shah think about his views on religion?

Scorpionx, Hindutva supporters demand development too. It is not like they like to live in squalor and poverty and only seculars like development. So that is not a compromise as far as Hindutva is concerned. Next, no Hindutva person harbors ill will towards people of Abrahamic community to the extent of desiring their banishment from Indian landscape or exclusion from Indian democracy or economic prosperity. So Modi's assurance towards the well being of minority is just stating the truth of what Hindutva actually is. Hindutva neither censures the practice of any kind of religion. It is a canard spread by secular forces that being a champion of Hindutva means being equivalent of nazis. So no Modi is not a Sicuklar. He remains committed to Hindutva.

Now if I become a schizophrenic for a moment, this is the leader Bengal wanted. A person who speak of equal treatment of all, a person who will not follow appeasement politics. Bengal will vote for him (though BJP won't win but its percentage will grow I guess) and his party. And trust me those are equally secular people unlike you who wants better governance. If you want to look at them with contempt, its your choice.No body can't help it.

Sorry that is not what Bengal has stood for in its actions until now. Bengali secularism has stood for negation of Indian history. Bengali secularism has stood for negation of Indian identity. Bengali secularism's viewing of India's majority faith is similar to that of an malevolent outsider's view of them.

Modi still talks against cow slaughter. Modi's most trusted lieutenant remains Amit Shah. Amit Shah does talk of temple at Ayodhya.

You are talking as if Amit Shah has a different agenda than what Modi has.

Sorry that is not what Bengal has stood for in its actions until now. Bengali secularism has stood for negation of Indian history. Bengali secularism has stood for negation of Indian identity. Bengali secularism's viewing of India's majority faith is similar to that of an malevolent outsider's view of them.
Negation of History is not possible because Modern Indian History is thoroughly and professionally documented based on the manifestos, personal letters,amendments and public as well as personal speeches. I have posted few threads on this and if you feel any kind of distortion or negation of Indian history had taken place you are free to point that out.
Modi still talks against cow slaughter. Modi's most trusted lieutenant remains Amit Shah. Amit Shah does talk of temple at Ayodhya.

You are talking as if Amit Shah has a different agenda than what Modi has.

If both are talking on the same line then why Election commission had to warn Shah and if Shah was innocent why did he apologize? He apologized because he knows what he said goes against our constitutional secular spirit. I hope you do not think Shah was wrong in apologizing for his hate speech.

If both are talking on the same line then why Election commission had to warn Shah and if Shah was innocent why did he apologize? He apologized because he knows what he said goes against our constitutional secular spirit. I hope you do not think Shah was wrong in apologizing for his hate speech.

LOL. First of all Amit Shah said nothing which was against our constitution. If he did apologize, I think that is just to get rid of some minor irritant so that he can carry on whatever he is meant to do. No skin off his nose.

Read some urdu newspapers. And foreign news. You will find all news that is not palatable there.
A few do report -
Communal clashes soar in Bengal | The Indian Express

Why Mamata’s Bengal is seeing more communal clashes | Firstpost

Why Mamata's Bengal is seeing more communal clashes
^^^@DRAY

The Silence of the :D
A dangerous connivance - The Hindu

@scorpionx Sarthak has posted some good articles that cannot be ignored either, there is an article from The Hindu also. The much hated 'pseudo secular' politics is nothing but soft communalism that doesn't call for blood but polarize the society anyway, which may result into increasing communal bloodshed going forward, considering how violent our politics is for decades. This will ultimately help overtly communal organizations to strengthen their presence in Bengal, and it is happening also, the idea of countering Islamic extremism with Hindutva extremism sounds tempting and easy solution to many, especially when law & order is weak, like in our rural areas. Local media barely publish such articles, probably fearing that it will polarize the society further, but ignoring the problem won't solve it either. CPM managed this issue far better than Mamata, their organizational control was also far better than TMC's, that helped keep things under control.

And I think the user name @SarthakGanguly is not an accident, he is an evil communal activist engaging Bengalis as a Bengali in social media with his vicious agenda. :devil: Let me check if I can find sarthakganguly in FB and Twitter. :D

@scorpionx Sarthak has posted some good articles that cannot be ignored either, there is an article from The Hindu also. The much hated 'pseudo secular' politics is nothing but soft communalism that doesn't call for blood but polarize the society anyway, which may result into increasing communal bloodshed going forward, considering how violent our politics is for decades. This will ultimately help overtly communal organizations to strengthen their presence in Bengal, and it is happening also, the idea of countering Islamic extremism with Hindutva extremism sounds tempting and easy solution to many, especially when law & order is weak, like in our rural areas. Local media barely publish such articles, probably fearing that it will polarize the society further, but ignoring the problem won't solve it either. CPM managed this issue far better than Mamata, their organizational control was also far better than TMC's, that helped keep things under control.

And I think the user name @SarthakGanguly is not an accident, he is an evil communal activist engaging Bengalis as a Bengali in social media with his vicious agenda. :devil: Let me check if I can find sarthakganguly in FB and Twitter. :D
As for the name searching I will give you a hint - My Last name starts with T :D As for Kashmiri names, there is only one that is most popular :whistle:

If the state arrests people like the Jihadi Imam for example and politically they are given no importance there won't be any idea of a reactionary Hindu resurgence. Organizations like Hindu Samhati feed on Hindu vulnerability. If the state fails, such elements will fill the vacuum. It may be unfortunate, but it is inevitable.

Negation of History is not possible because Modern Indian History is thoroughly and professionally documented based on the manifestos, personal letters,amendments and public as well as personal speeches. I have posted few threads on this and if you feel any kind of distortion or negation of Indian history had taken place you are free to point that out.

Shah's comment legally stands or not does not matter. His statement was highly irresponsible. madhu - there is not much to argue about this. The place is polarized enough already, no need to stoke fires in an inferno.

Tumse Milne ki bahot tamanna thi mere dost, lekin tum to mere jagne se pehele hi shahid ho gaye.

@SarthakGanguly

Noam Chomsky parh liye to Inse bhi mil lo :D
Some of Chomsky's writings irk me though. But he makes no bones about being a Leftist and I agree with a number of his ideas - especially the dangers of a society driven entirely by greed and short term gain. Chomsky stands quite opposite in the political spectrum as I do, but I respect him.

This guy is just a troll - he knows nothing about Dharma and tries to superimpose Abrahamic views on our school of thought. He has come in multiple avatars. Probably Hafizz or shan.

@scorpionx - See he's back again ^^^

Shah's comment legally stands or not does not matter. His statement was highly irresponsible. madhu - there is not much to argue about this. The place is polarized enough already, no need to stoke fires in an inferno.

There was nothing controversial about his speech legally or otherwise. There was no fire and no inferno stoking by him. Whatever stoking was done was by media. That way tho the living of Hindus in India itself is highly irresponsible for the secular folks.

Ahemm...that will be the result of people taking heed of their intellect and senses thereby electing the government we need. NOT brain washing. What I meant was, can you like take @Ayush and convince him that he's not a homo?

Nah...... yvil yindoos has brain washed them to believe they have free will but now they are all lotus eaters.

As for your friend, ask him to stick his finger up his @ss, if he likes it, he is a homo and avoid him like plague. It is contagious.

Back
Top Bottom