What's new

Who will you vote for in next Election on May 14th

Who will you vote for in next Pakistani Election ?

• Pakistan Tehreek e insaf (Movement for Rule or Law and Justice)

Votes: 50 70.4%
  • Pakistan People's Party

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • PML -Nawaz

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • JUI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JUI-F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MQM

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other Party

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • TLP

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
Most PTI big shots are from different parties such as Pmlq, PmlN, PPP, they belong to the ruling elite/electables.

Yes.
I have voted for PMLN but it HAS to be minus the deranged, egotistical Nawaz Sharif running the govt. Otherwise, PMLN has plenty of very smart, seasoned politicians who are no-worse than their counterparts in other 'developing' countries.
I'd have voted for PTI but the whole political party is built around the cult of Imran Khan. He dies, the party dies. It is a freaking CULT!! But I do wish Pakistanis would have the wisdom to channel the new idealism brought by Imran Khan to some long term plan. Unfortunately, that's not happening.

nobody, but I do like the Nooras.

and there, voted.
I see. All outsiders like them. Even the amreekis, but they like PPP more.
Can't fault you guys for that. Everybody like having agreeable people to work with.

I'd have voted for PTI but the whole political party is built around the cult of Imran Khan. He dies, the party dies. It is a freaking CULT!! But I do wish Pakistanis would have the wisdom to channel the new idealism brought by Imran Khan to some long term plan. Unfortunately, that's not happening.
Is it a cult because there is something inherently wrong with the party or because IK is a larger than life figure surrounded by uncharismatic spent cartridges i.e. the same caliber of people you consider smart and seasoned in the other parties?

Yes.
I have voted for PMLN but it HAS to be minus the deranged, egotistical Nawaz Sharif running the govt. Otherwise, PMLN has plenty of very smart, seasoned politicians who are no-worse than their counterparts in other 'developing' countries.

PTI is a new political party, they will need more time to settle down as a political force. The problem is IK included all electables, lotas, elite in to the party, he then had to sideline the ideological workers, this was done to win the seats and get the PM chair. Looking at Azad Jammu Kashmir, he made an ex PPP guy as president of the party, this same guy has his own political party too, he's a politician and not Pti follower, this is why he recently betrayed Pti and IK, he will not sacrifice his political career and money for Pti. No chance.

The issue is the Pakistani public do not vote for a cause or an ideology, they vote the personalities, electables, elite. We still have the same mentally as before when people kissed the feet of the British, now they follow the rich and their life style.

Is it a cult because there is something inherently wrong with the party or because IK is a larger than life figure surrounded by uncharismatic spent cartridges i.e. the same caliber of people you consider smart and seasoned in the other parties?

I too see a collapse after IK. The ex PPP, PMlN, PMlq guys will destroy the party and jump ship. Look at how electables jumped ship from pmlq to other parties after General Musharaff lost power.

PTI is a new political party, they will need more time to settle down as a political force. The problem is IK included all electables, lotas, elite in to the party, he then had to sideline the ideological workers, this was done to win the seats and get the PM chair. Looking at Azad Jammu Kashmir, he made an ex PPP guy as president of the party, this same guy has his own political party too, he's a politician and not Pti follower, this is why he recently betrayed Pti and IK, he will not sacrifice his political career and money for Pti. No chance.

The issue is the Pakistani public do not vote for a cause or an ideology, they vote the personalities, electables, elite. We still have the same mentally as before when people kissed the feet of the British, now they follow the rich and their life style.

I too see a collapse after IK. The ex PPP, PMlN, PMlq guys will destroy the party and jump ship. Look at how electables jumped ship from pmlq to other parties after General Musharaff lost power.
problem with pakistanis they want to stuck with 1 party for ever. It should be policy base. voted for punjabi, sindhi etc destroyed pakistan.

Foreign exchange reserves: China vs Pakistan, comparison over the years:

1989-90 China:— $3.7 billions
Pakistan:— $1.2 billions

2000-23

China:— $3200 billions
Pakistan:— $5.6 billions

problem with pakistanis they want to stuck with 1 party for ever. It should be policy base. voted for punjabi, sindhi etc destroyed pakistan.

If you follow the party ideology, mission, policy then its understandable to be with the same party, in Pakistan no one has a clue about the party ideology, mission, policy etc, they follow the local politicians who then follow the national politicians, the national politicians then follow the International ones.
At the moment ppp, pmln, pmlq are the same parties, Pti is different because of IK but otherwise its the same people and party, Imran Khan himself is struggling to implement his views on his party. Pmln, pti, ppp are national parties with support base across all Pakistan.

Leaving corruption and fascism aside.

PMLN is a dynastic cult. Nawaz Sharif dies, you’d be left with Maryam.

PPP is probably less worse. Zardari dies and Bilawal would be sidelined. The second tier is filled with corrupt feudal vying for blood.

You answered him well.
Also, while I am not a political scientist, I don't see major problems in the same-old faces taking turns ruling the country. I mean where else the ruling class is going to come from? There are no 'revolutions' on the horizon for Pakistan or India or BD etc. But what is serving other countries in the region well should serve Pakistan too. Eventually, with more education and awareness, the 'system' will improve.
It is the political stability, internal and external peace, and continuity of policies that matter the most for any country!!

You answered him well.
Also, while I am not a political scientist, I don't see major problems in the same-old faces taking turns ruling the country. I mean where else the ruling class is going to come from? There are no 'revolutions' on the horizon for Pakistan or India or BD etc. But what is serving other countries in the region well should serve Pakistan too. Eventually, with more education and awareness, the 'system' will improve.
It is the political stability, internal and external peace, and continuity of policies that matter the most for any country!!

The real elephant in the room is who is willing to make the hard reforms, sacrifice some of their own economic gains and their political capital, to make the nation competitive.

In 10 years, people will look back and remember those that made the real changes. If PTI is willing to come in and spend their political capital, it should be welcomed. IK is mortal. If his party can capitalize on these reforms and make itself viable after IK, it will live on. If not, the career politicians will be back in 5,10, 15 years.

Continuity is essential but so is competence and long term planning.

Noblesse Oblige

Last edited:
I will vote for the least worst option at present time.…and it looks like the majority of PDF members agree with me.

The real elephant in the room is who is willing to make the hard reforms, sacrifice some of their own economic gains and their political capital, to make the nation competitive.
In 10 years, people will look back and remember those that made the real changes. If PTI is willing to come in and spend their political capital, it should be welcomed. IK is mortal. If his party can capitalize on these reforms and make itself viable after IK, it will live on. If not, the career politicians will be back in 5,10, 15 years.
Continuity is essential but so is competence and long term planning.

Noblesse Oblige

I have repeatedly asked in this forum: Who will bell the cat?? The political class, with very few exceptions, are all cut from the same cloth! There used to be principled, decent politicians once: I don't know who can recall Air Marshall Asghar Khan? There were also others. But since Zia's 1985 Non Party elections, there is hardly any ethics and morality left in Pakistan's body politic. Of course the Establishment is to be blamed for much of the ills facing Pakistan but for raising awareness about that, I thank Imran Khan.

Also, I think, 'competence' is going to come from continuity and stability. It will never fall down from the sky to enlighten Pakistanis. The path forward is no more dirty games from the Establishment and free and fair elections. Be prepared to adapt some kind of 'Juche' measures for a few years to ride out the storms. Be prepared to eat the proverbial grass now to eat better later. I believe Pakistan has enough internal resources to weather the current and future storms. But, as the Chinese delegation in Pakistan recently said, bring consensus on political issues asap.

The strife in Pakistan since April 2022 can only be compared with the events around the 1970 elections!! Pakistan's current economic crises have their roots in the events since April 2022. This is a major failure of Pakistani ruling class and ironically the entity which engineered it--the Pakistani Establishment--has now--and only now--decided to stay strictly neutral.

You answered him well.

I have repeatedly asked in this forum: Who will bell the cat?? The political class, with very few exceptions, are all cut from the same cloth! There used to be principled, decent politicians once: I don't know who can recall Air Marshall Asghar Khan? There were also others. But since Zia's 1985 Non Party elections, there is hardly any ethics and morality left in Pakistan's body politic. Of course the Establishment is to be blamed for much of the ills facing Pakistan but for raising awareness about that, I thank Imran Khan.

Also, I think, 'competence' is going to come from continuity and stability. It will never fall down from the sky to enlighten Pakistanis. The path forward is no more dirty games from the Establishment and free and fair elections. Be prepared to adapt some kind of 'Juche' measures for a few years to ride out the storms. Be prepared to eat the proverbial grass now to eat better later. I believe Pakistan has enough internal resources to weather the current and future storms. But, as the Chinese delegation in Pakistan recently said, bring consensus on political issues asap.

The strife in Pakistan since April 2022 can only be compared with the events around the 1970 elections!! Pakistan's current economic crises have their roots in the events since April 2022. This is a major failure of Pakistani ruling class and ironically the entity which engineered it--the Pakistani Establishment--has now--and only now--decided to stay strictly neutral.
Free and fair elections are key. The nation need predictability. We are indeed in a state second only to the atmosphere prior to the 1971 breakup.

We all see the collapse. But, people put it like IK is somehow responsible for it and deliberately keeping it that way and that's why they won't vote for PTI.

What options does he have? Out of the top three leaders, 2 are lotas (Qureshi and Fawad Ch.), Asad Umar is not politician material. Pervez khattak can't wait to carve up KPK for himself after IK kicks the bucket. Murad Saeed is, charismatic, ideological, up and coming. If IK lives and rules long enough, he might see prominence but other than that, he'll be smothered by the vested interests in the party.

It goes to say more about us as a nation rather than IK that 76 years down the road and we've only had two educated, charismatic and genuine statesmen with considerable mass appeal, bhutto and IK, albeit with their own faults.

Back
Top Bottom