What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
But guys deploying jets to warn a cheetah, is that a good idea?

I think PAF can send a helicopter to handle the cheetah.

cheetah-1.jpg

whatever it takes to get the job done.....PAF was the first Air Force to down an enemy drone (e.g. the Searcher-II). Some opine that was also an extreme, but hey -- as long as there is a perceived threat (credible or questionable), any action could be taken to get the job done

But guys deploying jets to warn a cheetah, is that a good idea?

I think PAF can send a helicopter to handle the cheetah. Original Post By Lankan Ranger

HI,

Jets---that is what they do----they intercept flying intruders big or small---. You have to show reasonable appropriate force when you respond---you can't send in a helicopter to intercept a helicopter---because that would never happen---they both run almost at the same speed---. Plus fighter aircraft with all the missiles hanging on the wings are more menacing in appearance and function----won't you say that---. Plus you need a high speed pass over the intruder to assess the situation.

Now even if it was ground incursion---you would still need at least one high speed pass to assess the situation and then you may send in the choppers---. There is a reason for this madness as well----it is to judge the level of threat at a fast pace without putting yourself and the aircraft in jeopardy.

this was not insanity, they claimed a mistake and the part of the debriefing was to verify their claim with the flight data recorder.
this is what any intruder should expect.
once it was decided that there was no deliberate violation they were set free .

Indian Media is now trying to cook up a hype for an incident that was mutually closed on good note along with gratitude from India.

but if it helps feeding the sensation and controversy hungry reader and viewer ship then so be it

i agree the media should not use the trp rating in this its was a goodwill gesture from pakistan & should be appreciated the good thing that came out of this hopefully will go on to make understanding better between the armies & people of both india & pakistan which should be fully encouraged by both the side's especially @ a time when india,pakistan relation's are improving, both india & pakistan has a'lot to gain from a positive relationship rather then a hostile one

indian media and defence--its newer a good combo!

true I will say the same about Pakistani Media as well

the ARY channel was showing an Apache helicopter video while reporting it while one of the Indian news channel clips were showing some Indian Mi17 or another transporters helicopters, they just seem to pick up a sill or video footage from the internet and paste it in their news

even Dawn news that is supposed to be our most professional News agency is not free from mistakes and it routinely shows UAE F-16s with their flag markings when reporting our air raids on the taliban positions in tribal areas.

saanp nikal gya lakeer peeti ja rahi hai yahaan .:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

the ARY channel was showing an Apache helicopter video while reporting it while one of the Indian news channel clips were showing some Indian Mi17 or another transporters helicopters, he just seem to pick up a sill or video footage and paste it.

even Dawn news that is supposed to be our most professional News agency is not free from mistakes and it routinely shows UAE F-16s with their flag markings when reporting our air raids on the taliban positions in tribal areas.

ARY IS MORE UPDATED SIR soon india have apachi so it was for future hali news :D

Some Media interests are determined or rather "paid" to create tensions where there is a possibility -- That this helicopter contained all that data and did not have more reliable navigation equipment, is a bit difficult to swallow - but, I think what many are missing is the official stances and official reactions -- most encouraging indeed.

the ARY channel was showing an Apache helicopter video while reporting it while one of the Indian news channel clips were showing some Indian Mi17 or another transporters helicopters, they just seem to pick up a sill or video footage from the internet and paste it in their news

one jewel was indian media reporting typhoons opening "co-pilots cabin" in mid-air for our president!

Maybe they were going after Dawood Ibrahim, probably trying to emulate the OBL raid by the Americans. LOL.

Maybe they were going after Dawood Ibrahim, probably trying to emulate the OBL raid by the Americans. LOL.

Except it was a 20 year old Alluotte Helicpoter non-stealth.

Father was in the Air force. I called him up in Pakistan and he mentioned the incident. He said these things happen all the time, and that the Indians did this to fool Pakistani Air Force with inaccurate coordinates of bases, but we Pakistanis are no fools either. :D

Indian media has caused this drama.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not sure what the fuss about...Even for argument sake let's agree that PAF have downloaded the GPS co-ordinates, so what??? They have every right to do that...After all mistake is at our end...what were we doing 20KM inside their Air-space...Just thanks the counterparts for returning our machine and men and move on....

Some Media interests are determined or rather "paid" to create tensions where there is a possibility -- That this helicopter contained all that data and did not have more reliable navigation equipment, is a bit difficult to swallow - but, I think what many are missing is the official stances and official reactions -- most encouraging indeed.

Ref. the underlined part: the Cheetah is little better than a "monstrous mechanical Dragon-Fly", it is a bird from a bygone era and the nav systems on board are scarcely better than a "Garmin Nav-Trek". Considering all that, I would have had serious qualms about flying one of them in that area in the infernal weather that predominates in this time of the year.

All said and done; the security establishments in both countries responded well and most of all the establishment at GHQ, Pindi acted very swiftly and sagaciously in the matter. No doubt about that!

Ref. the underlined part: the Cheetah is little better than a "monstrous mechanical Dragon-Fly", it is a bird from a bygone era and the nav systems on board are scarcely better than a "Garmin Nav-Trek". Considering all that, I would have had serious qualms about flying one of them in that area in the infernal weather that predominates in this time of the year.

All said and done; the security establishments in both countries responded well and most of all the establishment at GHQ, Pindi acted very swiftly and sagaciously in the matter. No doubt about that!

The cheetah was the trojan horse in a certain aspect. It's lack of equipment was it's strongest advantage in this circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom