What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was all that information in one helicopter and if Pakistan has got it than great Work

Pilot and heli went up the hill

To fetch a repair of heli

Heli lost sight and GPS broke down

And heli came tumbling after

Then up got heli with new filled fuel

And got back home and thanked the men.

PS: Nursery rhyme for the pdf kids..

You need to work on the ending words , seems like the symmetry/continuity of rhyme is missing .......

Why was all that information in one helicopter and if Pakistan has got it than great Work

I don't believe there would be much information in that helicopter. Its a 30 year old copter guys. What could it be so much important in there.? I agree with 'RazPak'. These violations probably do happen frequently. Its the Indian media which found the best timing to put allegation of the words "SHOOTING DOWN". Do you guys really think we would shoot it down? that would be causing more trouble to the country. Yes there maybe some coordinates locating Indian armed forces but again some one here earlier mentioned the fact that the codes or coordinates can be changed in a matter of minutes. If they can violate our airspace then we have the every right to do that on their side over Kashmir. We can possibly do the same thing saying there was a fault or needed rescue mission, or bad weather. Indians, Americans, and Isarealites are smart politicians. For their lame excuses on terrorism, we and our leaders have become stupid. For these reasons they justify the whole world to wage war on us.

Shiraz
21 hours ago
No hatred for India, but in this matter mistake was committed by Indian side.
Indian should not worry abt GPS data, the data which even couldn’t guide indian pilots how can help pakistan?

Hi,

This a part of the comments in indian newspaper "THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE"----. Funny but it is true in a sort of ways----. Next---there is no hostility between pak and india at this time----so it is of no big deal to know about the helipads----I mean to say---what can pak millitary do about it---. Nobody is going to start a war over it.

According to my sources, this action was deliberate. Whether people want to doubt me or not makes no difference. It was an intelligence operation conducted by IAF.

According to my sources, this action was deliberate. Whether people want to doubt me or not makes no difference. It was an intelligence operation conducted by IAF.

Hi,

It can happen----as I wrote earlier---if it did---a great cover---with spare parts and a senior officer---.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...e1-761198.aspx :)

Indian security has been breached in the sensitive Siachen Glacier-Aksai Chin-Ladakh-Kargil sector as Pakistan Army downloaded the GPS coordinates of all helipads from the army helicopter that strayed across the Line of Control (LoC) into Skardu region on Sunday morning. The Indian Cheetah crew was allowed to return by Pakistan government later in the day.
Top government sources said the incident was being probed at a high level as the GPS data of the helicopter was found wiped out along with nicknames and code signs of all the helipads in the 14 Corps area.The Nemu, Leh-based 14 Corps is responsible for defence of Kargil-Leh, Siachen Glacier and Line of Actual Control (LAC) with Tibet.
“We are treating the incident with utmost concern as coordinates of all helipads in the 14 Corps including Siachen Glacier and LAC are now with Pakistan army with code signs and nicknames,” said a senior official.Senior officials said the Indian crew was being questioned as the Cheetah was fitted with the GPS and there was no reason for the machine to stray into ***************** Kashmir (***).

To add insult to injury, the Pakistan artillery helipad (with number 90), on which the Cheetah landed in the Marol area just across the LoC in Kargil sector was not known to the Indian Army. The Pakistan army allowed the chopper to return to Kargil after refuelling the machine and giving directions to pilots. While Pakistan now says its fighter jet forced the Indian helicopter to land across the LoC, prima facie evidence reveals that the Indian pilot didn’t know where he had landed the helicopter due to bad weather conditions nor the Pakistan army had any clue about the landing.

Sources said 14 Corps commander Lt Gen Ravi Dastane was visiting an Indian position on Sunday morning ahead of Kargil when his advanced light helicopter (ALH) helicopter developed a snag and was grounded. While another machine landed and flew Dastane to Srinagar, the Cheetah with a maintenance engineer was flown to the post to bring back the ALH after repairs.
It was during this maintenance mission that the Cheetah flew into bad weather and without the pilot realising it crossed the LoC into Pakistan territory of Marol, just across the Kargil town.

Its Hindustan times and what do they mean the "Kargil Sector was not known to the army" ? They really try to makes us stupid but clearly these words i pointed out is perhaps very interesting...

Its Hindustan times and what do they mean the "Kargil Sector was not known to the army" ? They really try to makes us stupid but clearly these words i pointed out is perhaps very interesting...

They are talking about that particular helipad in the kargil sector was not known----.

This was not the accident but was deliberate attempt to cover up the shoot down of the defected mig-29 pilot and plane- which they are still not able to find-

I said this 300 posts back :rofl:

I am waiting for someone to come up with a bright idea that this was an Indian ploy to gauge the response time of PAF on an intrusion like this to plan future Ops... I am surprised that no one has so far(unless I missed it in last few pages)...

I can agree with you, but it was not meant to gauge a response time, but rather feed false information.

c'mon.. Do you think IAF considers PAF such fools that they would take that information on face value without verification.. Nah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom