What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
these SOBs were testing the waters , Gilgit is too far inside Pakistan

You don't test waters with a light utility copter like cheetah. That would be suicidal. IMO it just got lost and flew into Pak territory. According to CNN-IBN, PA says that the heli strayed across LoC and crew members may be released after investigations.

There are currently 108 users browsing this thread. (42 members and 66 guests)
wow
There are currently 1040 users online. 109 members and 931 guests

Good pay day for the administrators :D-

That will be investigated by our army..If the Helicopter mistakenly entered our airspace then there should be no worry for India it will be returned back after proper investigation.As far as matter of escalation is concerned,Pakistan surely don't want escalation but neither can tolerate it.so lets wait and see..the situation will get clear in the days ahead.

Finally a comment with some logic.

Btw...lets assume a situation,

If this helicopter have violated your airspace with the intention of Reconnaissance survey then it will not be hard for PA to check it cause the helicopter is in front of them and they can check whether there are some reconnaissance related equipments in heli or not! And the everything there in helicopter!

So, it will not take long to investigate what is it all about!

But as per IA statement this is not intentional violation this just occurred because of bad-weather.

And i don't think it is in Interest of pakistan either to escalate this matter at a time when relations are improving.

Well in my view it was too much deep inside Pakistani territory, looks too much straying. Anyways investigation are underway let's see what happens.

That surely means it was due to bad weather and mistake. No would go inside 25 km just for spying.

if its bad weather then surely this can be verified?

if there was bad weather how come it was a forced landing?

how come pa was able to intercept?

I was talking about this my little friend

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...s-no-15-squadron-cobras-draw-first-blood.html

So tell me whats the difference between shooting Down an unarmed Canberra during peacetime with that of shooting of Atlantique just after the Kargil war in times of high tensions

and yeah sorry about the date , some how i mixed up yr 1959 for yr 1956

It was deep inside Pakistani territory. So much so that it was flying very near to Rawalpindi. Explicitly shows what a huge border violation that was. And according to PAF it was on a spy mission. So enough reason to shoot it down for us.:)

It can't be compared to Atlantique incident.;)

The heli strayed due to bad weather and when it came out of the bad weather, it found itself in Pakistan. Simple!

what assests would have been scrambled to force land a helicopter?-

F-16s or F-7s.

1- if it was a jet- then how could a jet force land a heli-

A fighter jet gives the helicopter a warning over a military communication band. The alternative for the helicopter then is to get shot down.

the heli should be deep inside Pakistani territory not to go for an escape- if it was not then the logical thing for the heli would be to shoot for the border- if shot down then the debris would have fallen inside indian territory- no body wants that- it will escalate the situation-

The jets would have intercepted it before it could escape back. The helo was probably deep inside Pak airspace as reports are coming in that it was 25 km inside.

2. if a PAF heli was used- than how come it was not affected by the bad weather?-

Probably because it wasn't bad weather but a recce mission.

Guys - Let's not disrespect soldiers - It might have been a genuine mistake.We should not act like Indians (Atlantic Incident)that's the difference between our forces and Indian Forces - Our Forces are professional so they rightfully forced the enemy chopper to land instead of blowing it in the air.

somehow Pakistanis always seem to try and take a moral high ground even though there is no scope for it .They just create parallel realities .

when the indian pilots are released- dont fall asleep then- The Pakistani moral high ground will be shown to you again- just like we showed when we released that mig pilot in kargil- and how low you can get- we have seen that when you shot an unarmed atlantique-

That surely means it was due to bad weather and mistake. No would go inside 25 km just for spying.

Well let's see. I would wait for the final ISPR investigation report.

There are established procedures to ensure a landing which includes calling up the heli on international distress frequency and ordering it to land immediately or face action. Looks like IA heli complied and landed.

I doubt that if it were on a spy mission. If it was, it would have made a dash for the border. Looks like a genuine mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom