What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, At the moment we are not in war situation with India, So it looks pilots will be released as good will after formal investigation..However helicopter may be keep in museum.I guess it is dhruv Helicopter, so new entry in museum.:cool:

Some technical questions- hope it get answered-

what assests would have been scrambled to force land a helicopter?-

1- if it was a jet- then how could a jet force land a heli- the heli should be deep inside Pakistani territory not to go for an escape- if it was not then the logical thing for the heli would be to shoot for the border- if shot down then the debris would have fallen inside indian territory- no body wants that- it will escalate the situation-

2. if a PAF heli was used- than how come it was not affected by the bad weather?-

Lets wait for the public statements by the IAF and PA.I hope it can answer these questions.Right now,all we can do is speculate

Four personnel who were in the helicopter were detained by Pakistani troops. The reports did not say how the helicopter was forced to land.

"We are getting details and investigation is on. The more important thing is that the crew is safe and under safe custody," Pakistani Army spokesman Maj Gen Athar Abbas said.

Initial media reports had said that the Indian helicopter had strayed into Pakistani airspace due to bad weather conditions in Skardu area.

In New Delhi, army sources said the helicopter belonging to Army's Aviation Corps was on its way to Bhimbhat from Leh.

One engineering officer, One JCO and two pilots were onboard Cheetah helicopter when it landed in P-oK, they said.

The Director-General of Military operations of both the countries are in touch with each other, sources said, adding action is in hand to retrieve them.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Pakistan/Indian-army-chopper-lands-in-***-4-personnel-detained/Article1-760632.aspx

So... this seems to be fairly mundane incident from what I can tell so far.

A Helicopter strays across the LoC (for whatever reason, bad weather...) and is forced to land but yet here we are with 40 odd members viewing this thread!

:cheesy:

Well i do remember a thread on this forums , a few months ago when you guys were celebrating the accomplishment of a PAF pilot who shot an unarmed Indian plane in 1956 , when there was no ongoing war

now compared that to the atlantique incident just after Kargil war is quite acceptable since it was time of high tensions

That was Chief Minister Gujrat aircraft which was shot down during the 65 war not in peacetime.

In peace time- this should have not happened- we were not at war- a stray plane should be dealt with caution-

agreed to you upon that.The situation should have been dealt with more flexibility.However,the aircraft had the potential of carrying weapons and why it would not respond to warning,even after the Indian Migs came within visual range and fired warning shots,escapes me.

Who cares the reason. Bharti chopper came in Pakistan, we scramble F-16 and get them to our ground. Once it touched our ground, it wont fly like this:

gnat_ie1083.jpg

Hi Indian members, any confirmation about helicopter type?

There are currently 108 users browsing this thread. (42 members and 66 guests)
wow
There are currently 1040 users online. 109 members and 931 guests

Lets see what will happen it would be good is pak leaves them would be a nice trust building action

They entered 25 kms inside the Pakistani territory. Too much straying I guess.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom