What's new

Indian band Euphoria denied visa for show in Pakistan

Good work Pakistan. What i want to see now is Indians banning Pakistani stars like Atif Aslam, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Veena Malik, Ali Zafar, who have created bad image.
i get veena malik but the others?

Lol at the Indians going on about "security issues" in Pakistan! Edward maya performed there in Febuary and he was definitely more famous and well known than this band

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII:D

is this is a news of any significance that we need to discus this in a thread, come on guys 1000's of visa Applications are rejected every month by USA, etc and vise versa.
Euphoria can paly their tune some where else if Pakistanis are not interested in them.

This episode has nothing to do with Euphoria being an Indian band. It so happens that three months ago, a stampede in a concert held by the Punjab college lead to the death of 5 students. The Punjab Govt legislated and secured a ban on concerts in colleges. Since the college in question was in Lahore, the visa could not be granted.

Guys it's just Music, you peeps are going kinda far with these tit for tats.
I think it was a bad move by the MoI, and this Pakistan's security reasons was just a crap excuse I bet...

MoI did them a favor as security arrangements were not up to the mark at a college. You Indians are reacting emotionally without know the root cause which was Atif Aslam's concert in which there was a bomb scare which resulted in a stampede.

All concerts are undergoing strictness especially when involving high profile celebrities where there is a chance of similar screwups.

Appreciate for true and logical reasoning .. this may keep trolls away

We are not talking about Individual groups we are talking about govt's response. Other Indian artists have raised this issue many times that they are not provided visa where as artists from pakistan can easily come and perform in India.
I dont agree with palash sen though, just because they stop us does not mean we should do the same.

Artists have no borders, they should never be denied visa. (be it pakistani or north korean)

ok if you''re talking about the governments and not security...then what u state is hardly true. the visa processes for both sides are not EASY at all...they are stiff and complicated. although yes u hear of more pak artists going to india because of the well-developed entertainment industries. but at this point the governments have tried their level best to limit people-to-people contact despite their promises to ease the visa rules. u shud speak to pak artists or even dual citizen pakistanis from abroad. it is clear that india's visa rules aren't the most friendly either. i don't know what happened in this case particularly. but i know that visas for pak artists are very daunting and often humiliating where they have to wait months on end to receive a visa, register at police stations and even leave the country every 3 months.

India's visa rule is unfairly persecuting innocent Pakistanis | Robert Wintemute | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

'UK Pakistanis suffer racism under Indian visa rules' - Indian Express

1. Security is a very big issue for sure.

2. But pakistan even don't allowed Lata Mangeshkar and Daler Mehndi to perform in pakistan.

3. The weak PM Manmohan singh should be sacked as one way traffic can't be allowed. There are lots of pakistani agents entering India and earning in millions while they don't allow our genuine performers.

2. But pakistan even don't allowed Lata Mangeshkar and Daler Mehndi to perform in pakistan.

3. The weak PM Manmohan singh should be sacked as one way traffic can't be allowed. There are lots of pakistani agents entering India and earning in millions while they don't allow our genuine performers.

if security is an issue it not only applies to Indian performers but Pakistani performers as well. Indian performers are welcome in India and enjoy a huge fan following here, even more than Pak artists. but it is common sense that artists feel unsafe performing here in pak due to the current instability. it doesnt have much to do with visa rules in these cases.

Actually this was rejected by Mullas party of Nawaz sharif. They doesn't like musical shows.
They were thinking to ban concert of colleges in our own country , how could they allow NOC for other countries:hitwall:
Better to ask from Tameem. He can explain you

This is wrong dude...even pakistan's PM invited Lataji as a state guest.

if security is an issue it not only applies to Indian performers but Pakistani performers as well. Indian performers are welcome in India and enjoy a huge fan following here, even more than Pak artists. but it is common sense that artists feel unsafe performing here in pak due to the current instability. it doesnt have much to do with visa rules in these cases.

Has nothing to with stability either. Edward Maya, Akcent, etc have performed in Pakistan recently. As pointed out in this thread the Punjab government has put some sort of "ban" on concerts.

OMG!:cheesy: Euphoria... reminds me of the perfume name. Just dreamy smell :smitten:
Exuse me guys I had to go off-topic.:oops:

If bands/singers like stereo nation, Bombay vikings, Bombay rockers, Josh, Sukhbir Singh, Sonu Nigam etc can perform in Pakistan then why not great Lata? Please don't spread hearsay.

On topic: Pakistan must have given the visa to this band, must have tighten up the security if security was the issue.

OMG!:cheesy: Euphoria... reminds me of the perfume name. Just dreamy smell :smitten:
Exuse me guys I had to go off-topic.:oops:

Does it remind you of your gf or you would wear it? lol

Back
Top Bottom