What's new

Indian AWACS thread

@Mahakaya,

I think that Araz meant that inducting the Israeli AWACS would be a faster option. Even though it is costlier, babus getting their pockets filled, etc, the past record of DRDO does make one feel doubtful about the delivery times.

Though of late DRDO is getting the job done in a much better manner with more encouragement from the armed forces and the GOI, still the Phalcons are extremely good products and should not be ignored.

Further I believe it has a 360 degree scanning while the Erieye has a capability of scanning only 300 degrees.

Doubtful, because no radar arrays, or at least airframe changes to the front and the back areas was shown on any model of it. Some reports even say, that the 2 side arrays offers only a total of 240°, so it would be more comparable with the detection of the earlier Erieye version. This isn't even a surprise, if you think about that this is the first development in the AWACS field for us.
Thats because MoD has refused to fund 360 degree version...

... suddenly IAF is saying - "we have changed our mind now. We don't want Embraer platform. Please re-do whole design and choose a different aircraft."

I read this from you now several times and it would be nice if you can provide a source.
Also try to understand, that DRDO AWACS and A50 Phalcon AWACS are in total different classes and that the A50 platform alone is way more useful than the Embraer. DRDO AWACS is only a low cost addition to the Phalcons that will be our main AWACS, not an alternative for it!

Last edited:
India is an irresponsible state which can get into war with Pakistan at any time listening to its cheap masala media. In order to ensure peace in the region and stability..Pakistan will have to have a response for India's advancement in every field..which is good for both of us.

Pakistan is an irresponsible state which can get into war with India at any time listening to its cheap masala media. In order to ensure peace in the region and stability..India will have to have a response for Pakistans advancement in every field..which is good for both of us

Seems pretty standard to me, dont u think :wave:

No, Pakistani media isn't low. It has acted responsibly whenever necessary and is unlikely to spread propaganda war like India.

No, Pakistani media isn't low. It has acted responsibly whenever necessary and is unlikely to spread propaganda war like India.

Sir, i would request you not to get involved in a debate with these weekend warriors, since they are incompetent to exercise their moral values when addressing a senior. !!!
As for the Indian AWACS, i'll rephrase what a PAF guy had to say about it,
"It's so big and in Indian hands so vulnerable, that a mother in law can bring it down with her broom stick. !!! :oops:

Pakistan is an irresponsible state which can get into war with India at any time listening to its cheap masala media. In order to ensure peace in the region and stability..India will have to have a response for Pakistans advancement in every field..which is good for both of us

Seems pretty standard to me, dont u think :wave:

let me show you how cheap media looks

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a flying boat. I hope it's worth the money, and actually works. Hope Israel doesn't scam you guys.

Sir, i would request you not to get involved in a debate with these weekend warriors, since they are incompetent to exercise their moral values when addressing a senior. !!!
As for the Indian AWACS, i'll rephrase what a PAF guy had to say about it,
"It's so big and in Indian hands so vulnerable, that a mother in law can bring it down with her broom stick. !!! :oops:

China's purchase of the Phalcon system in 2000 was denied due to pressure from the United States.................

When even China Coudnt get its hands on it who is Pakistan :rofl:

And abt the senior part if hes wrong i dont give a damn if hes god in the first place

What can one say, ditch the bi*** or smack simple Sunita. !!!

China's purchase of the Phalcon system in 2000 was denied due to pressure from the United States.................

When even China Coudnt get its hands on it who is Pakistan :rofl:
Pakistan is the one who knows how to bring it down. Let that be known to yous. ;)
And abt the senior part if hes wrong i dont give a damn if hes god in the first place
Count your blessings, since i am not a MOD and you are not a looser on BR. !!! And what makes you so sure that you are the Mumbai Musketeer.

Guys, Please take a Chill pill and stick to the topic. No personal attacks please.. India is going to buy defence equipments to modernize itself reading the threat perception it forsee. But that does not mean it will start attacking anybody... that will have huge impact on our economy. All these equipments are for defence only. So there is nothing to get boiled up about for anybody.

Regards.

Last edited:
Because yous are well used to these cumbersome low morals, hell, it was a shock for me. :disagree::disagree:

I think u are living in a little nest of ur own and have never stepped in the real world and just maybe the only thing that seems real to you is Defence.pk......I think talkin to u is like beating a dead horse :sick:

Back
Top Bottom