What's new

Indian Army: Shameful Caste Discrimination

Shane

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
One more proof that what is considered shameful in civilized world is considered normal practice in Indian Armed Forces.

Be it using Kashmiris as Human shields, firing across the border on unarmed civilian population, corrupt officers embezzling food rations of jawans or discriminating fellow soldiers on their Caste.

Last edited:
First the spelling is Caste, not Cast which means movie appearances which seems to be good in this case.

Second that guy is an Yadav who are in no way discriminated. North India is politically filled with Yadavs who shamefully attest their caste names as their second names and they are among the ones (Not everyone) involved in discrimination of lower castes though they themselves are OBC.

Mulayam Singh yadav, Lalu Prasad Yadav, Akilesh Yadav just to name a few.

Excellent share bro...
Definitely it depicts the culture of indian and its army. The caste system is the most inhuman concept which is unfortunately being practiced by 1 billion people in 21st century. However this is not the first. We have seen multiple videos by their soldiers complaining about discrimination, immoral and unprofessional practices like wife-swapping (Indian armed forces especially Navy), giving the soldiers bad food, and other discriminations and unfair behaviours are the rule.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-rumour...dian-Armed-Forces-What-about-across-the-world

Shameful really.
Yes it is.

I thought most indians already belonged to the "Martial race"?

Saleem-Shah.jpg

Have never come across a case of caste discrimination within the Armed Forces. I guess it is possible, but more likely to be an exception rather than the rule. To be honest, I don't know enough about the caste system but someone else from India can enlighten - aren't Yadavs supposed to be descendants of Lord Krishna? Doesn't make sense...

First the spelling is Caste, not Cast which means movie appearances which seems to be good in this case.

Second that guy is an Yadav who are in no way discriminated. North India is politically filled with Yadavs who shamefully attest their caste names as their second names and they are among the ones (Not everyone) involved in discrimination of lower castes though they themselves are OBC.

Mulayam Singh yadav, Lalu Prasad Yadav, Akilesh Yadav just to name a few.

Yadav/Ahir lived like this in British raj era, tribals. I will not be surprised at discrimination based on caste system. Yadav tribals who are just politically active in modern era and better of them their counter parts. Other indigenous tribal communities should learn from them.

1e19c11cdbe5f0d663f6189303add9ac.jpg

Have never come across a case of caste discrimination within the Armed Forces. I guess it is possible, but more likely to be an exception rather than the rule. To be honest, I don't know enough about the caste system but someone else from India can enlighten - aren't Yadavs supposed to be descendants of Lord Krishna? Doesn't make sense...

Ahir/Yadav are indigenous dalit/tribals who upgraded themselves in last few centuries and removed the tag of dalits.

This is just propaganda. It is impossible that there is no single incident of caste discrimination; several regiments, after all, were built by the British around caste principles, and in such a large army, there are bound to be a microscopic number of regressive individuals. The overwhelming bulk of the forces is free of caste discrimination.

Regarding your question about the Yadavas, no, they are not descendants of the Lord; he himself belonged to the Yadavas, that community pre-dated him, according to the Krishna myth. All his descendants died in the upheaval at Dwarka. That is as far as myth goes. As far as modern conditions are concerned, the Yadavas are strong all over India, in northern and in southern India; they practically ruled UP and are still a very strong force there, they formed governments in Bihar until recently (until Nitish Kumar ratted on them and joined the BJP-led coalition) and they are present in Uttarakhand. They are also present in large numbers in Telangana. I'm not sure about other states. Caste-wise, they are listed under the OBC, Other Backward Classes, and are entitled to reserved college seats in certain cases. I really don't care to go into detail in such an abhorrent topic, even for the sake of information sharing. It has become more and more of a source of anger and irritation to me of recent years.

This is just propaganda. It is impossible that there is no single incident of caste discrimination; several regiments, after all, were built by the British around caste principles

Does it look like Propaganda? Why would it be?

The British are to blame then! Nothing to do with caste supremacy of Indian Army Officers of course, it's just a one off.

Yadavs who shamefully attest their caste names as their second names and they are among the ones (Not everyone) involved in discrimination of lower castes though they themselves are OBC

So he himself is to be blamed for discriminating against himself and other lower caste?

I guess he will be kicked out for speaking up.

Does it look like Propaganda? Why would it be?

The British are to blame then! Nothing to do with caste supremacy of Indian Army Officers of course, it's just a one off.

Why propaganda? That is a difficult question to answer, since I am not responsible for it. You should ask yourself, not me. And the British are to blame; read up on the stiffening and ordering of castes and the caste system, and the ham-handed British approach to it, which led to a lot of subsequent misplaced social engineering. You might like to begin with H. H. Risley's The Tribes and Castes of Bengal, in two volumes. Or with the Hunter Commission Report, that, in parallel, established the concept of an Indian Muslim and ultimately led to the Two Nation Theory and much else.

The British regimental system was based on rigid ordering of the Martial Races, their second phase of social engineering; in their first phase, they had Brahmin regiments and the like, in their second phase, they structured pugri tying patterns according to religion, and of course, religions were the ordering element down to company level in some regiments.

You might also recall that the first Indian officers to come into the Army did so decades after these classifications were completed and put in place.

So he himself is to be blamed for discriminating against himself and other lower caste?

I guess he will be kicked out for speaking up.

The astonishing fact is that Indian Army in this day and age, admits itself that certain regiments are still recruited on caste. To this day some Indian Army regiments are composed and organised on caste classification lines.

Why propaganda? That is a difficult question to answer, since I am not responsible for it. You should ask yourself, not me.

You really think it's my propaganda, Come off it already. No better answer I guess, then to simply blame the other for your own socially unjustifiable predicament.

I guess when the whole Hindu nationalism order is actually built on the idea of racial superiority and racial supremacy of the Aryan race, it's better to blame it on outsiders then try and defend an outright insult to humanity itself.

images (1).jpg

The astonishing fact is that Indian Army in this day and age, admits itself that certain regiments are still recruited on caste. To this day some Indian Army regiments are composed and organised on caste classification lines.

You can end up in jail for lying about caste in India because of quotas. I'm glad Pakistan didn't go through this as you can just become Ansari and be done with in more and more urbanised society where these labels matter less. Advantages of being muslims. Though I don't think many tribal dalit comunities exist in Pakistan apart from Bheels in Sindh. And some in Choolistan desert.

@Stephen Cohen @Jackdaws @MALUBJA
@noksss @Thetigerforces etc etc
Specially the self proclaimed expert @MilSpec

What say you on the subject?
Will he be thrown out like the others who dared to speak up or is there any respite from such utter non-professionalism for your soldiers, countrymen?

The question to be asked here is does IA has any mechanism where solider can lodge their complaint on such cases? the answer to this is yes . Infact army chief himself has launched a WhatSapp number to help soilders in distress so did the soilder in the video tried any of this mechanism before releasing this video ? If the answer is no then one can only assume that he is just trying to get limelight by this act

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-to-gen-bipin-rawat/articleshow/56816816.cms

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom