What's new

Indian Army plans to achieve decisive victory against Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
How?

Concentrating force to achieve a quick breakthrough is a tactic as old as war. This is just a classic strategy that he was elucidating.
The 'classic strategy' that you and the old General talks about is a brainfart every Captain have had once he was undergoing a real War Game during his Junior Staff Course. Let the old guy retire in peace. Just like ordinary people have regrets before death, so does Generals when they are about to retire. Those with legs in their graves dont have the strength to talk about it, but these Generals, thanks to their military training, still have a kick or two left before they finally shed off their uniform, and that's precisely what the General, through his interview, has done.

Last edited:
Under somewhat similar circumstances, look what happened to you army, even with all the air support available.

@ India's Vietnam.

https://thecarthaginiansolution.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/slaf_afm_june-09_pp52-53.pdf

Correction.

The only comparison to Vietnam that is made is for lack of a political objective. India achieved the first phase that was to establish peace and prepare grounds for elections.

Some other thread. Don't want to interefere in nuclear war here :woot:

Leaving alone the obvious reasons why a "decisive victory" is achievable, all Pakistan needs to do is not lose. It doesn't have to win a war, it just has to survive long enough to make any Indian military incursion extremely painful; Pakistan can do that easily.

Interesting thought. Will discuss that in some other appropriate thread someday. Right now won't interrupt the NASR and the BRAHMOS flying with every kind of warhead

:pop:

On Operation level too he is correct. What he is saying is that we would use overwhelming force in Punjab to break through there. Ignoramous in this thread had overlooked "Punjab" part. Indian strategy had always been to use two strike corps in Rajasthan and one in Punjab. This reversal seem to be due to threat of Pakistan using their nukes on battlefield.

Last I remember Punjab had three canal crossings for offensive operations. So do you think that shall be the area of significant thrust?

I think it is you who actually needs a nuclear war here. If you don't have anything to do with it why are you replying to the thread and keeping it alive?

Laughing off every passerby as if you yourself are contributing golden pearls to this thread.

There are infactualities. At appropriate thread (they exist for topics I have highlighted) I will tag and correct. He knows it.

Why are you feeling particularly displeased? Have spoken a lot on these aspects ... the use or lack thereof of nuclear weapons at tactical level. If it was so easy, we would have had Pakistani army attacking in Kashmir to 'liberate' it. Not interested in repeating it here.

You can make out what poor understanding exists here on employment of nuclear weapons.

I am particularly displeased because you are the most active user on this thread, yet you are posing as if you are the incharge of nuclear facility.

And by the way it all started with a thing from your general. Still beating on same harp!

Last I remember Punjab had three canal crossings for offensive operations. So do you think that shall be the area of significant thrust?

There are infactualities. At appropriate thread (they exist for topics I have highlighted) I will tag and correct. He knows it.

Why are you feeling particularly displeased? Have spoken a lot on these aspects ... the use or lack thereof of nuclear weapons at tactical level. If it was so easy, we would have had Pakistani army attacking in Kashmir to 'liberate' it. Not interested in repeating it here.

You can make out what poor understanding exists here on employment of nuclear weapons.

How?

Concentrating force to achieve a quick breakthrough is a tactic as old as war. This is just a classic strategy that he was elucidating.
Yup, classic strategy that somehow would escape counter strategies.. and you proved my actual point in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom