What's new

Indian army officers killed in Siachen fire.

Friday, July 22, 2011
Indian army officers killed in Siachen fire
10:27 PM Gay video
Share |

Two Indian army officers burned to death when their shelter caught fire in the disputed Siachen glacier area of the Himalayas, the army told the BBC.

Two soldiers were injured when they tried to rescue the officers on Thursday night, an army spokesman said.

An inquiry has been ordered into how the fire started, he added.

Siachen borders the Pakistani- and Indian-administered portions of disputed Kashmir and is regarded as the world's highest battlefield.

India believes that the glacier is of vital, strategic and diplomatic value.

The two countries agreed a ceasefire deal over the Siachen glacier in 2003 but thousands of troops are deployed in the region.

RIP to those who die for save there nation.sad indecent indeed.

RIP to those who die for save there nation.sad indecent indeed.

Good Lord! I wonder how this happened? Probably the heating system inside those FRP shelters. The DRDO has now produced a prototype with solar heating for troops operating in high altitudes. Hope these are introduced soon to prevent recurrence of an episode like this one.

RIP.

has suicide been ruled out or is it purely an accidental incident?

i guess we got to wait for further info

Nope.

There are no reports of suicide bombers being in the Indian Army yet...

well there were a lot of reports about rising # of suicide of indian soldiers at ''high stress'' posts --occupied J&K and Siachen being among them.

i wasnt referring to suicide bombers in the IA

well there were a lot of reports about rising # of suicide of indian soldiers at ''high stress'' posts --occupied J&K and Siachen being among them.

i wasnt referring to suicide bombers in the IA

R u retarded. WTF u r talking about suicide bombers in IA. suicide bombers is common for u bot not for us. high stress can u pls provide source

R u retarded. WTF u r talking about suicide bombers in IA.

talk to your fellow indian comrade (bandit) since he was the one to bring it up. Not I.

high stress can u pls provide source

how about 3

Army suicides in India worrisome, with two suicides in one week in July 2007, court inquiries instituted

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Suicide incidents among Indian troops baffle army

112 suicides, fratricide cases in armed forces last year

and no, I'm not mocking the dead. So spare me the inevitable crap.

India should sue the tent manufacturing company or buy fire proof tents- or a fire extinguisher-

Back
Top Bottom