What's new

Indian Army Major arrested for killing colleague's wife over alleged love affair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's put it this way.

If I see a steaming cup of tea and burn my lips taking an unguarded sip, I do not need to repeat the same with a steaming mug.

Just because it's coffee.

Cheers, Doc
Except it's not the same case here...I would accept that argument as valid if we were discussing a steaming cup of tea/coffee.

Also if u r gonna use a metaphor to try and win this argument in absence of cold hard data...I guess I'll play along...though it's not at all convincing as actual data would've been.

Now then let's break it down...
"If I see a steaming cup of tea and burn my lips taking an unguarded sip, I do not need to repeat the same with a steaming mug."

So in this metaphor of urs, u list having a prior experience of something very similar...on the basis of which u r making an educated guess...

Okay...so what prior experience do u have when it comes to Pak's societal/religious/cultural values? Like I said before...u didn't grow up/live in Pak...so no exposure there to make ur educated guess on.

U haven't conducted some other online poll where u found that Pakistani women were held back by Pakistani men in terms of their dress code(or some other related research)...from which u can derive that it's the same reason why they(Pakistani women) are not allowed to wear bikinis and go on to these pageants.

What straws are u gripping at exactly?

Except it's not the same case here...I would accept that argument as valid if we were discussing a steaming cup of tea/coffee.

Also if u r gonna use a metaphor to try and win this argument in absence of cold hard data...I guess I'll play along...though it's not at all convincing as actual data would've been.

Now then let's break it down...
"If I see a steaming cup of tea and burn my lips taking an unguarded sip, I do not need to repeat the same with a steaming mug."

So in this metaphor of urs, u list having a prior experience of something very similar...on the basis of which u r making an educated guess...

Okay...so what prior experience do u have when it comes to Pak's societal/religious/cultural values? Like I said before...u didn't grow up/live in Pak...so no exposure there to make ur educated guess on.

U haven't conducted some other online poll where u found that Pakistani women were held back by Pakistani men in terms of their dress code(or some other related research)...from which u can derive that it's the same reason why they(Pakistani women) are not allowed to wear bikinis and go on to these pageants.

What straws are u gripping at exactly?

Heavily religious Muslim societies (are there another kind?) are all the same.

The rules you play by are the same.

Ergo.

And I've seen little in my interactions here (save a few of u on the tharki models thread) to believe remotely that you are different to what I see and read about and hear of around the world.

Cheers, Doc

Heavily religious Muslim societies (are there another kind?) are all the same.

The rules you play by are the same.

Ergo.

And I've seen little in my interactions here (save a few of u on the tharki models thread) to believe remotely that you are different to what I see and read about and hear of around the world.

Cheers, Doc
Ok let's take at face value that heavily religious Muslim societies are all the same. How does that make MEN responsible for "repressing" WOMEN?

Ur argument was that it's the Pakistani MEN being "repressive". My original argument to counter urs was that it is a SOCIETAL thing for Pakistani women not to wear bikinis and participate in pageants. This means that the Pakistani women themselves also are part of this decision of the society at large. This is not something that is imposed by Pakistani MEN on to Pakistani WOMEN. Do u think only MEN are capable of being conservative Muslims? The answer is no. Just like MEN, WOMEN also have varying degrees to which they follow their religion...and it just so happens to be that Pakistani MEN and WOMEN collectively as a SOCIETY have decided that this practice(of wearing bikinis and participating in beauty pageants) should be frowned upon.

So tell me again...in absence of any data...how do u know that the Pakistani WOMEN are really down to wear bikinis and it's Pakistani MEN who are against it and "repressing" their women?

If it's indeed a collective decision of the society(including MEN and WOMEN...bcuz guess what...the women can also be Muslims and follow their religion)...then how is it "repressive"? If the general population has a norm(of not wearing bikinis) that's been established by the very population itself...who then is being "repressed"?

Ok let's take at face value that heavily religious Muslim societies are all the same. How does that make MEN responsible for "repressing" WOMEN?

Ur argument was that it's the Pakistani MEN being "repressive". My original argument to counter urs was that it is a SOCIETAL thing for Pakistani women not to wear bikinis and participate in pageants. This means that the Pakistani women themselves also are part of this decision of the society at large. This is not something that is imposed by Pakistani MEN on to Pakistani WOMEN. Do u think only MEN are capable of being conservative Muslims? The answer is no. Just like MEN, WOMEN also have varying degrees to which they follow their religion...and it just so happens to be that Pakistani MEN and WOMEN collectively as a SOCIETY have decided that this practice(of wearing bikinis and participating in beauty pageants) should be frowned upon.

So tell me again...in absence of any data...how do u know that the Pakistani WOMEN are really down to wear bikinis and it's Pakistani MEN who are against it and "repressing" their women?

If it's indeed a collective decision of the society(including MEN and WOMEN...bcuz guess what...the women can also be Muslims and follow their religion)...then how is it "repressive"? If the general population has a norm(of not wearing bikinis) that's been established by the very population itself...who then is being "repressed"?

Sure I (would) believe you.

Women love being covered head to toes in a black cloak, while the men have zero garment laws.

Let's get serious here.

Cheers, Doc

Sure I (would) believe you.

Women love being covered head to toes in a black cloak, while the men have zero garment laws.

Let's get serious here.

Cheers, Doc
Lol ok sure...exaggeration and display of utter lack of knowledge will totally lend credibility to ur claims.

I repeat...the LAWS in Pakistan do not force women to be "covered head to toes in a black cloak"

Secondly...I lived and grew up in Lahore and I saw many women wearing burqas...many wearing a hijab...many wearing just traditional shalwar kameez...and some wearing pants/shirt(western clothing...nothing revealing just a different kind of clothing). I've seen women transition from wearing regular shalwar kameez to wearing burqa bcuz that's simply what they wanted to do...as they became slightly more religious. I've seen transitions happen the other way around as the women became slightly less religious. Are u getting the pattern?...how it was women deciding based on their judgement

If what u say is true of "repressive" Pakistani MEN then wouldn't ALL Pakistani WOMEN be in a burqa?

Keeping consistent with ur ignorance u also mentioned zero garment laws for men...
So let me repeat for the Nth time...when it comes to Pakistan's law there is no dress code stipulated for MEN or WOMEN...just general guidelines like how u can't be nude in public

As for Islam...guess what? There are guidelines for MEN and WOMEN when it comes to modesty. Neither of the genders are to be immodest...just like it would be frowned upon for a woman to be in a bikini, it would be frowned upon for a man to be in speedos.

Looks like u have some catching up to do about Islam and it's teachings, Pakistan's laws, and the societal/cultural/religious values of Pakistani society before u can barge in here making baseless claims.

Last edited:
its not a dick measuring contest, im a pakistani myself and have experienced this colour obsession myself. every country is one way obsessed with physical appearance or another, take for example koreans who are obsessed with plastic surgery.
We know how Pak you are... one of the mqm trolls who .... indian ....

What a retarded thread title. How low and morally bankrupt do you have to be to mock the death of a woman just so you can score some retarded jingoistic points against a different country? Close this thread.

First when i saw her first picture i though she is very young looking pakistani lookalike but after seeing the second picture of hers without makeup she was nothing close to being as good as average pakistani women.
All women look terrible without make up except monica belluci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom