What's new

Indian Army Major arrested for killing colleague's wife over alleged love affair

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay on topic

DgdJxsFU0AArwVc

Very messy.

Tons of my friends live a stone's throw away ....

Cheers, Doc

Slight correction, its not they never tried, its that they never got selected. Even your 2017 Miss Pakistan World Diya Ali, tried for Miss World, but she was not selected, hence could not make it up. Though she made it up in Miss Pacific.
Right...but in order to have a competition, there needs to be enough participants. Do u know how many Pakistani women WANT to participate in this? Do u know the social/religious/cultural values of Pakistani society in general? Just bcuz there's an organization or an event held doesn't mean u(or the world) got to see a good enough sample size(for the lack of a better term...using this scientific term here just to get the concept across) to arrive at a conclusion such as urs. India has a lot more participants in comparison, for these beauty judging shows
...and I personally am glad that Pak doesn't follow in those footsteps. IMO women are not some commodity that should be put in a bikini and presented for the rest of the world to judge them on their "beauty".
Its not contradiction, its presenting both side of point of views.

Thats your perception and in that case, isnt you doing same, reply back to my post?
Hypocrisy...
No it is not hypocrisy...do look up the meaning of that word. I wasn't interested in discussing the concept of beauty...or comparing India/Pak in that context whatsoever.

U will not find a single post of mine in this thread where I did such a thing.

I merely pointed out that on one hand u claimed that all creation is beautiful and then go on d*ck measuring about how Indian women have won more titles in Miss World/Miss Universe than Pak...

Secondly I pointed out that Pak doesn't participate in those two events so I'm not sure as to what exactly is supposed to be the comparison here

Thirdly, I told u to have some respect for this woman who was brutally murdered and stick to the topic instead of discussing the beauty of women and which country is "superior" when it comes to beauty pageants.

Do show me the hypocrisy in any of my posts...I'm patiently waiting.
Cutting to the chase and the theatric Bollywoodesque dancing around trees of "we, the nation/society"

Its a Muslim nation/society thing.

Muslims girls in Hindu (and Western) societies regularly take part in beauty pageants.

No "collective conscious" there (begging Jung's pardon here ...)

Cheers, Doc
We don't care about what India or a Hindu society does. If Indian Muslim girls want to participate and India allows it...well then good for u guys...if India doesn't allow it, we don't care either way.

What I'm saying is that "we"(Pakistanis) as a society(whether u wanna call it a Muslim society or not) have decided not to go that route...and it is in no way shape or form "repressive" or violating anyone's rights. Secondly u pointed out that it's the decision of Pakistani men to not have their women participate...to this I also say it's a decision of the SOCIETY...men and women included.

Last edited:
No it is not hypocrisy...do look up the meaning of that word. I wasn't interested in discussing the concept of beauty...or comparing India/Pak in that context whatsoever.

U will not find a single post of mine in this thread where I did such a thing.

I merely pointed out that on one hand u claimed that all creation is beautiful and then go on d*ck measuring about how Indian women have won more titles in Miss World/Miss Universe than Pak...

Secondly I pointed out that Pak doesn't participate in those two events so I'm not sure as to what exactly is supposed to be the comparison here

Thirdly, I told u to have some respect for this woman who was brutally murdered and stick to the topic instead of discussing the beauty of women and which country is "superior" when it comes to beauty pageants.

Do show me the hypocrisy in any of my posts...I'm patiently waiting.

We don't care about what India or a Hindu society does. If Indian Muslim girls want to participate and India allows it...well then good for u guy...if India doesn't allow it, we don't care either way.

What I'm saying is that "we"(Pakistanis) as a society(whether u wanna call it a Muslim society or not) have decided not to go that route...and it is in no way shape or form "repressive" or violating anyone's rights. Secondly u pointed out that it's the decision of Pakistani men to not have their women participate...to this I also say it's a decision of the SOCIETY...men and women included.

It is one hundred percent repressive and regressive.

What you call your society, a Muslim society, is controlled one hundred percent by men.

Women go along. They do not have a say.

When they live in societies where they do, and protected and empowered by the law, there they either wear the burqa or the bikini.

So its "we have decided" but with a missing word .... "we MEN have decided".

Which is no different than what happens in 95% of the conservative Muslim community here as well. Protected in the name of political correctness, minority rights, and right to faith and religion. Thankfully increasingly challenged from within.

Yes you guessed it. By the women. NEVER the men. No prizes for guessing why.

Cheers, Doc

It is one hundred percent repressive and regressive.

What you call your society, a Muslim society, is controlled one hundred percent by men.

Women go along. They do not have a say.

When they live in societies where they do, and protected and empowered by the law, there they either wear the burqa or the bikini.

So its "we have decided" but with a missing word .... "we MEN have decided".

Which is no different than what happens in 95% of the conservative Muslim community here as well. Protected in the name of political correctness, minority rights, and right to faith and religion. Thankfully increasingly challenged from within.

Yes you guessed it. By the women. NEVER the men. No prizes for guessing why.

Cheers, Doc
It's just ur opinion then...amazing to see how u think ur opinion holds more weight as an outsider probably never having visited Pak...in comparison to mine who grew up in Pak and got to see/experience societal values first hand.

Let's take a look at a few societies in regards to women...
"When they live in societies where they do, and protected and empowered by the law, there they either wear the burqa or the bikini"
- In Iran a woman must always wear a headscarf in public and can't wear a bikini.
- In Denmark a woman cannot wear a burqa while a bikini is fine

...what's the difference between the two cases above? They are both very similar...just on the opposite ends of the extremes. A state should never tell u what u should or should not wear...just some general guidelines(like law against public nudity or something) should suffice. So as u can see...as far as the Pakistani LAW is concerned, it puts no restrictions SUCH AS ABOVE two examples on its women. But somehow it's still repressive according to u.

Next up after the law are the societal values when it comes to dress code. This is something that the society itself decides...and last I checked, a society is made up of MEN and WOMEN.

*in case of Pakistan*
So a woman wearing a burqa or not wearing it isn't as big of a deal...in comparison if a woman was wearing a bikini it would be a much bigger issue and highly frowned upon. Not just by MEN but also by WOMEN. The general public(men and women) wouldn't be okay with it and certainly her family members wouldn't be okay with it. Not just her father but also her mother would be very upset.

Ur argument holds no weight. But if u r still unsatisfied/unconvinced why don't u ask Pakistani women(those who grew up and live in Pak) here on this thread? Just have a poll and ask if they wanna wear bikinis and participate in beauty pageants...and if the MEN are holding them back. That should settle it.

Last edited:
its not a dick measuring contest, im a pakistani myself and have experienced this colour obsession myself. every country is one way obsessed with physical appearance or another, take for example koreans who are obsessed with plastic surgery.
Everyone is conscious of their looks, it's an instinct. But, it was your Indian friend who tried to potray the Pakistani case as the extreme one, whereas the situation in India is far worst.

It's just ur opinion then...amazing to see how u think ur opinion holds more weight as an outsider probably never having visited Pak...in comparison to mine who grew up in Pak and got to see/experience societal values first hand.

Let's take a look at a few societies in regards to women...
"When they live in societies where they do, and protected and empowered by the law, there they either wear the burqa or the bikini"
- In Iran a woman must always wear a headscarf in public and can't wear a bikini.
- In Denmark a woman cannot wear a burqa while a bikini is fine

...what's the difference between the two cases above? They are both very similar...just on the opposite ends of the extremes. A state should never tell u what u should or should not wear...just some general guidelines(like law against public nudity or something) should suffice. So as u can see...as far as the Pakistani LAW is concerned, it puts no restrictions SUCH AS ABOVE two examples on its women. But somehow it's still repressive according to u.

Next up after the law are the societal values when it comes to dress code. This is something that the society itself decides...and last I checked, a society is made up of MEN and WOMEN.

*in case of Pakistan*
So a woman wearing a burqa or not wearing it isn't as big of a deal...in comparison if a woman was wearing a bikini it would be a much bigger issue and highly frowned upon. Not just by MEN but also by WOMEN. The general public(men and women) wouldn't be okay with it and certainly her family members wouldn't be okay with it. Not just her father but also her mother would be very upset.

Ur argument holds no weight. But if u r still unsatisfied/unconvinced why don't u ask Pakistani women(those who grew up and live in Pak) here on this thread? Just have a poll and ask if they wanna wear bikinis and participate in beauty pageants...and if the MEN are holding them back. That should settle it.

This is not the topic of the thread so I'll stop now.

There was a huge thread on the burqa some years back. Most of these things were covered there ... and more.

Women being both victim and victimizer in the same society by changing circumstances is nothing new.

It happens everywhere. You guys are no different.

Cheers, Doc

This is not the topic of the thread so I'll stop now.

There was a huge thread on the burqa some years back. Most of these things were covered there ... and more.

Women being both victim and victimizer in the same society by changing circumstances is nothing new.

It happens everywhere. You guys are no different.

Cheers, Doc
So that's ur escape? I'll give u that this is indeed not the topic of discussion on this thread(even though u started this) but all the other stuff about how this was discussed on another thread/women being victims & victimizers/etc. is just a flimsy attempt at disengaging this argument.

Not only that...u have just nullified ur earlier argument of MEN imposing restrictions by acknowledging that women are also "victimizers"(in ur words).

In any case ur argument about Pakistani MEN "repressing" their women in regards to wearing bikinis and participating in beauty pageants is baseless
...until u show me results of a poll(on PDF...with participants being Pakistani born and raised women) supporting ur argument.

So that's ur escape? I'll give u that this is indeed not the topic of discussion on this thread(even though u started this) but all the other stuff about how this was discussed on another thread/women being victims & victimizers/etc. is just a flimsy attempt at disengaging this argument.

Not only that u have just nullified ur earlier argument of MEN imposing restrictions by acknowledging that women are also "victimizers".

In any case ur argument about Pakistani MEN "repressing" their women in regards to wearing bikinis and participating in beauty pageants is baseless
...until u show me results of a poll(on PDF...with participants being Pakistani born and raised women) supporting ur argument.

If you insist on continuing the engagement, I will.

What do you expect a Pakistani woman to tell an Indian guy on a Pakistani forum?

What do you expect a Muslim woman to tell a non Muslim man?

No different from the Pakistani/Muslim line you are doling out above.

The reality as seen by Muslim women in India and around the world (Iran, Saudi Arabia) is testament to resentment n pushback.

Cheers, Doc

If you insist on continuing the engagement, I will.

What do you expect a Pakistani woman to tell an Indian guy on a Pakistani forum?

What do you expect a Muslim woman to tell a non Muslim man?

No different from the Pakistani/Muslim line you are doling out above.

Cheers, Doc
But that's exactly the reason why I proposed such a poll. On the internet one is afforded the benefit of anonymity(mostly). Unless there's some huge data leak and/or a national level effort to link which profile belongs to which Pakistani citizen, chances are that most likely ppl will remain anonymous.

So why not ask in a poll? U can even list as an option "I would rather not disclose my personal opinion due to certain reasons"...if u r so concerned that u would not get correct answers bcuz of the reasons u listed.

But that's exactly the reason why I proposed such a poll. On the internet one is afforded the benefit of anonymity(mostly). Unless there's some huge data leak and a national level effort to link which profile belongs to which Pakistani citizen, chances are that most likely ppl will remain anonymous.

So why not ask in a poll? U can even list as an option "I would rather not disclose my personal opinion due to certain reasons"...if u r so concerned that u would not get correct answers bcuz of the reasons u listed.

Sigh.

Because my friend, for your girls it will be the naak of Islam that needs to be protected. Not their identity. Despite their private struggle within the community.

Cheers, Doc

Sigh.

Because my friend, for your girls it will be the naak of Islam that needs to be protected. Not their identity. Despite their private struggle within the community.

Cheers, Doc
So let me get this straight...u happen to know the internal struggles of Pakistani women even though they never told u and wouldn't tell u even if they had a chance to do so anonymously. In addition u have never been to Pak...u didn't grow up here and never experienced the societal/cultural/religious values...

From all this lack of data u gathered that Pakistani women are being held back by Pakistani men from wearing bikinis and participating in beauty pageants...do u see what's wrong here?

So let me get this straight...u happen to know the internal struggles of Pakistani women even though they never told u and wouldn't tell u even if they had a chance to do so anonymously. In addition u have never been to Pak...u didn't grow up here and never experienced the societal/cultural/religious values...

From all this lack of data u gathered that Pakistani women are being held back by Pakistani men from wearing bikinis and participating in beauty pageants...do u see what's wrong here?

Let's put it this way.

If I see a steaming cup of tea and burn my lips taking an unguarded sip, I do not need to repeat the same with a steaming mug.

Just because it's coffee.

Cheers, Doc

Tbh this woman had the Pakistani look. Man jaw and huge head. Look like a hijra.

I would never have guess she was from UP. She had that punjabi/haryanvi/pahari/pakistani look.
First when i saw her first picture i though she is very young looking pakistani lookalike but after seeing the second picture of hers without makeup she was nothing close to being as good as average pakistani women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom