What's new

Indian Army gets first batch of Sig 716 assault rifles

20210110_211112.jpg
20210110_211030.jpg

So considering the repeated order 75k rifle's I think India changing its infantry combat doctrines, rather than wounding enemy and use more resource to help the wounded they going for high lethality one bullet one enemy tactics , also from their deep infantry modernization looks more like western than previous eastern systems, the question is how long India take to fully integrate the new western fire arms also how to deal with multiple caliber availability and logistics during war time,

Negev ng7 LMGs have also arrived,pics soon.New helmets,new body armour,knee pads,night vision systems,sig 716s soon with scopes,carl gustavs,negev LMGs,new grenades,new igla s MANPADs,platoon level loitering munitions and mini tactical uavs - indian infantry getting massive upgrades.

Negev ng7 LMGs have also arrived,pics soon.New helmets,new body armour,knee pads,night vision systems,sig 716s soon with scopes,carl gustavs,negev LMGs,new grenades,new igla s MANPADs,platoon level loitering munitions and mini tactical uavs - indian infantry getting massive upgrades.

No, part of the Indian infantry is getting upgrades, mainly forces deployed on LAC/Kashmir.

You have 1.2 Million men in total. 80% of them still using Bren Guns and Sterling SMGs from WWI, rest using INSAS.

No, part of the Indian infantry is getting upgrades, mainly forces deployed on LAC/Kashmir.
Agree, these Sigs, Negevs and Gustavs are primarily for frontline troops deployed on LAC & LoC
You have 1.2 Million men in total. 80% of them still using Bren Guns and Sterling SMGs from WWI, rest using INSAS.
Over half of the remaining men will get AK-203s which will be license manufactured in Amethi numbering 675k. While the deal for Car-816 Carbine has been put on hold, we'd have to see if any alternatives are being considered with Bangalore based SSS Defence's P72 series being a primary contender. Even after 26/11, it was only the SWAT and ATS teams established by individual states or their respective police depts have access to modern rifles and equipment. I believe IA's Insas will be handed down to local police who still use SN Pal or such

Any way i have posted some update pictures of what the real indian army is about RATHER THAN would have you believe army from PDF pak posters ............

1612811508150.png

1612811619678.png

1612811681947.png

1612811755574.png

1612811851307.png

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

So these images just dropped. Those are Indian Army soldiers at the Infantry School in central India with their brand new U.S. built SIG716 G2 Patrol assault/battlefield rifles. Seen here on Livefist for the first time since the new firearms began arriving in December, maker Sig Sauer Inc. will complete deliveries of 72,400 of these by the end of this year.

The Indian Army ordered the SIG716 last February as part of a wider, urgent, effort to bring new assault weapons into its infantry units quickly, while sidestepping the traditional curse of piecemeal, stopgap purchases of the past. As Livefist has reported, the new SIG716 rifles are part of a two-pronged procurement drive. While these rifles will be sent to priority units deployed in counter-insurgency and frontier anti-terror roles, a requirement of nearly 700,000 new assault rifles for regular infantry units will be met by the Kalashnikov AK-203. After some delays, and with paperwork in place, an order for the AK-203 could finally come this year. The rifles are to be manufactured in country at a joint venture facility of Kalashnikov and India’s Ordnance Factor Board at Korwa in U.P.’s Amethi.

The SIG716 G2 Patrol is an enhanced assault rifle featuring a 16-inch barrel, M-LOK handguard, and a 6-position telescoping stock. The weapons are being supplied to the Indian Army from Sig Sauer’s facility in New Hampsire, U.S.

“The global importance of this contract for SIG SAUER is far reaching based on the size, location, and economic strength of India in the global market,” says Ron Cohen, President and CEO, SIG SAUER, Inc. “We are very proud, and honored that the SIG716 was chosen for use by the fighting forces of the Indian Army, and we are looking forward to developing a strong partnership with India’s Ministry of Defense.”

“This [was] the first large firearms procurement of the Indian Government in decades, and the explicit mission for this tender was to modernize the infantry troopers of the Indian Army with the best rifle available,” said Cohen last February. “We competed in an open tender with small arms manufacturers from around the world. The SIG716 rifle underwent a comprehensive and exhaustive testing and evaluation process where it outperformed the competition, and was ultimately chosen, and met all the criteria, as the best rifle to modernize the Indian Army.”

The SIG716 isn’t the only American-built firearm in the Army’s inventory. The Para Special Forces have inducted unspecified numbers of the M4A1 carbine for years and have recently begun receiving Barrett M95 purpose built sniper rifles (in addition to the Italian Victrix Minerva Scorpio TGT.) The Indian government is also expected to conclude a delayed order for 93,385 CAR816 carbines from UAE firm Caracal this year.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/202...rmy-with-their-new-sig716-assault-rifles.html
US made? I thought some Indian firm made that. At first glance I was really impressed.
I have an old question. Why don't you guy start license production of some standard rifle? I mean, resources is not a problem for you. Engineers are there. Heavy R&D machinery is there. Why you guys still buying?

I think you actually portraying the reality of the average Pakistani soldier ww2 style uniform helmets,and arms.
your tiny little 8 billion dollars for a massive 600000 man bloated army you would struggle to feed them daily on that budget let alone equip them effectively
I hope BSF can afford more than two chapati's & some yellow lentil water these days. Feel sorry for the indian BSF dude who lost his job just for complaining about poor food served to them.

Last edited:

Show me the regular indian army ( not para military ) in 2020 or 2021 even 2019 with bren guns and sterling smg.

Stop posting lies

1612814370726.png

indo pak side by side
Not only do we have superior camo uniforms in olive green
But much better helmets with goggle protecton.

That khaki unifirm from pakistan is so WW2 bro or does it reflect your desert arrid terrain landscape

The irony of you showing the INSAS rifle that the Indian army is unhappy with and seeking to replace.....

Also the last picture is of Indian soldiers in the UK training with SA80 British Army rifles.

Time to stop the contstant spread of fake news on PDF Mods?

Fake new MODS ? prove it

1612814709692.png

1612814846938.png

This IS indian Army TODAY and that olive green camo uniform, helmet ,guns look very slick

INFACT TOO SLICK for south asian

The guns look sick ngl, Pakistan needs to step up and choose their guns.
Show me the regular indian army ( not para military ) in 2020 or 2021 even 2019 with bren guns and sterling smg.

Stop posting lies

View attachment 714726
indo pak side by side
Not only do we have superior camo uniforms in olive green
But much better helmets with goggle protecton.

That khaki unifirm from pakistan is so WW2 bro or does it reflect your desert arrid terrain landscape
idk if your being sarcastic, the indian armies camo uniform looks hideous, not saying Pakistan’s is much better, but India’s is defo worse.

Back
Top Bottom