What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Regarding the ongoing HS 748 replacement. Judging by the following comparison the C295 seems to be the clearly superior all-round performer over the C-27J. I suppose it all comes down to what exactly the IAF is looking for though:

http://www.c295.ca/wp-content/uploads/C295-Comparison-Chartmay26.pdf

The problem is, that manufacturers often make comparisons with specific requirements only, that let their products look better and they won't show the downsides of their product of course:

Cuadro_I.jpg

Cuadro_II.jpg

As you can see, the cargo hold of the C295 is much smaller than of than of the C27 in height and width, which allows the latter to carry bigger vehicles or helicopters too. That makes the C27 useful in comparable roles, to the medium class tactical aircrafts like the C130 or MTA, but with less payload of course. However, for smaller utility roles like IAF did with the Avros or AN 32s, the C295 will be cheaper and more cost-effective to operate, not to forget that they procure the C130Js and MTAs for the tactical roles anyway.
Another point is, that the C295 is already available in different versions, which would be useful for different forces and that would make a licence production in higher numbers more worth it as I mentioned here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ocks-indian-transport-tender.html#post3061862

Courtesy Livefist..

New Cutaway View Of India's AMCA Fighter

AMCA.JPG

Here's a new image of India's Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) with a view of its weapons bay with beyond visual range weapons, and the bay door mechanism.

Those aren't MKIs- IAF has never used that paint scheme and those flight overalls are bright blue (typical of RuAF test pilots) not like the dark blue the IAF used to wear.
The first batch of SU30MK delivered to India had similar bluish paint.But of-course they were returned for the MKIs.

The problem is, that manufacturers often make comparisons with specific requirements only, that let their products look better and they won't show the downsides of their product of course:

Cuadro_I.jpg

Cuadro_II.jpg

As you can see, the cargo hold of the C295 is much smaller than of than of the C27 in height and width, which allows the latter to carry bigger vehicles or helicopters too. That makes the C27 useful in comparable roles, to the medium class tactical aircrafts like the C130 or MTA, but with less payload of course. However, for smaller utility roles like IAF did with the Avros or AN 32s, the C295 will be cheaper and more cost-effective to operate, not to forget that they procure the C130Js and MTAs for the tactical roles anyway.
Another point is, that the C295 is already available in different versions, which would be useful for different forces and that would make a licence production in higher numbers more worth it as I mentioned here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ocks-indian-transport-tender.html#post3061862

Yes I heard somwhere the C-27J's cargo hold was larger and thuse there was more usable volume. Also the C-27J uses the same RR engine as the C-130J son there would be commanlity there for the IAF. It will be interesting what the IAF goes for, in this case I'm not to invested in either (maybe I prefer the Spartan marginally) but just want those Avros gone.

It really is damn impressive how it seems that almost every single asset in the Indian military's inventory is being replaced. Within the decade the forces will be so different it is almost unimaginable.

Russia uses MKI ??? I though those are different than MKis

No...I thought it was Indian MKI as the plane has a canard..
As Abingdonboy mentioned the paint scheme looks Russian.... But AFAIK no russian flanker employs a canard

It's most probabaly a Su 35.....

1189794.jpg

No...I thought it was Indian MKI as the plane has a canard..
As Abingdonboy mentioned the paint scheme looks Russian.... But AFAIK no russian flanker employs a canard

It's most probabaly a Su 35.....

1189794.jpg

Where is canopy and second pilot ??? :D

^^^
here he is

00000122ad33bf521982c868004300c0002e001c.Sukhoi_ejection_in_flight.jpg

he ejects at mach 2 for a hollywood movie.

the actual airplane is the SU-35UB prototype. This is the most advanced Sukhoi fighter ever built

^^^
here he is

00000122ad33bf521982c868004300c0002e001c.Sukhoi_ejection_in_flight.jpg

he ejects at mach 2 for a hollywood movie.

the actual airplane is the SU-35UB prototype. This is the most advanced Sukhoi fighter ever built

Isn't Su35 BM the most advanced flanker variant..

Su-35UB - Two-seat fighter and trainer. Features taller vertical stabilizers and a forward fuselage similar to the Su-30.
Su-35BM - Single-seat fighter with upgraded avionics and various modifications to the airframe.

Back
Top Bottom