What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

well sancho ,this is one of the major asset of rafale's so called omni role capabilty ,as rafale doent need to built into another

No, the omni role design means that it has balanced design for A2A and A2G roles (good maneuverability, low RCS, high payload and numbers of hardpoints...), while the advantages of SPECTRA are just the improvements of latest EWS systems, which are smaller but way more capable than in the past too. It is comparable to dedicated EW version like Growler and Prowler, but still not as powerful, that will be similar only when the AESA radars will be used for jamming too.

I wonder if there is space to integrate a Targeting Laser and FLIR into the Rafale like the F-16 Block 60 and eliminate the need for the Damocles or other TGP altogether??

FSO has a laser range finder and some guiding capabilities and although it is very similar to Damocles, it seems it's not enough to offer the same weapon guiding and capabilities. At least that's what I could find out so far. I always liked the idea replace the FSO in the Rafale nose with an integrated Damocles LDP and the sensors to the down side, which gives the same advantages like F35 EOTS. A Rafale fan integrated the same idea into his artistic impression once too:

raf3.jpg

No, the omni role design means that it has balanced design for A2A and A2G roles (good maneuverability, low RCS, high payload and numbers of hardpoints...),
well those two are primary but there are other secondary roles which are also included in omni role fighter thats
includes electronic jamming ,
BTW french market it's capabilty as omni role not it's design :lol:

while the advantages of SPECTRA are just the improvements of latest EWS systems, which are smaller but way more capable than in the past too. It is comparable to dedicated EW version like Growler and Prowler, but still not as powerful, that will be similar only when the AESA radars will be used for jamming too.
Well AESA would enhance it's EW capabilty (jamming) for sure but SPECTRA is sufficient though

FSO has a laser range finder and some guiding capabilities and although it is very similar to Damocles, it seems it's not enough to offer the same weapon guiding and capabilities. At least that's what I could find out so far. I always liked the idea replace the FSO in the Rafale nose with an integrated Damocles LDP and the sensors to the down side, which gives the same advantages like F35 EOTS. A Rafale fan integrated the same idea into his artistic impression once too:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Zk-lhRQ6DTs/TdNSHilNkCI/AAAAAAAANHw/EUGrjvAkoaM/s1600/raf3.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

lets hope so it can be replaced in future i hope Sofradir & thales team up to built such a system

well those two are primary but there are other secondary roles which are also included in omni role fighter thats
includes electronic jamming ,

Again, SPECTRAs capabilities so far are improved self defence and SEAD capabilities, not offensive jamming like they do it with Growlers too, for this role even Rafale needs further development of SPECTRA.

BTW french market it's capabilty as omni role not it's design :lol:

:rolleyes: Are they?

Omnirole by design

Omnirole according to Dassault = balanced multi role design

EF is a multi role fighter too, but mainly designed for A2A, with A2G as secondary capability only. Rafale on the other side was designed to be equally good in both roles and that's the main difference!

Again, SPECTRAs capabilities so far are improved self defence and SEAD capabilities, not offensive jamming like they do it with Growlers too, for this role even Rafale needs further development of SPECTRA.
i disagree mate ,yes RBE 2 radar would be important as u mention earliaer for Electronic jamming.
ofcourse next Gen spectra would be developed

:rolleyes: Are they?

Omnirole by design

Omnirole according to Dassault = balanced multi role design
HHHAAAA

i was
images
ing :lol:

but capabilties count at the end not design dude that doesnt mean typhoon cant do air to ground missions or other missions

but capabilties count at the end not design dude that doesnt mean typhoon cant do air to ground missions or other missions

Not correct, EFs design is very poor in regard to heavy and deep strikes:

- lack of pod stations => carrying the LDP on the centerline => occupies a heavy / wet station
- just 3 heavy / wet stations => either cruise/ stand off/ anti ship missiles or fuel tanks, not both
- gear bays too close to the centerline station => high size restrictions for the payloads (no cruise or stand off missiles, only a small fuel tank possible

All these design issues makes CFTs compulsory in deep strikes or for a naval versio and why they offer a version with them to the UAE and to IN.

wow.........!
fantastic man i never thought we can do such things i mean never heard awesome:chilli::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom