What's new

Indian aggression at LOC

as time goes on, indians will learn to be highly dis-appointed that their god Modi is capable of nothing as far as Kashmir is concerned...the tides will never change
That is very possible and I am very worry about it as any other concerned Indian.
But the crux is wind of hope, Where in INdia it is there but in Pakistan apprently long way to mansoon ( glimpse of mansoon by first time democratic govt completed tenure, Pakistan standing on thier own feet and gazing US, and institutional strengthening)

It has been discussed to death how Pakistan benefits by escalating and thereby internationalizing the LOC situation.

You might want to go through the entire thread!
It has also been "discussed to death" how Modi and his 56 inch chest benefits by escalating the issue - you may want to go through the entire thread as well ...

It has also been "discussed to death" how Modi and his 56 inch chest benefits by escalating the issue - you may want to go through the entire thread as well ...

Modi is going to change the face of world... good or bad that is mystery

On a serious note...modi is setting a very wrong precedent...
This kind of posturing is going to hurt india more than any one else...
First rule of war is not to start a conflict which u cannot finish...
Chest thumpin aside india cannot finish pakistan without getting finished it self...

On a serious note...modi is setting a very wrong precedent...
This kind of posturing is going to hurt india more than any one else...
First rule of war is not to start a conflict which u cannot finish...
Chest thumpin aside india cannot finish pakistan without getting finished it self...

true and it will hurt devlopment. Pakistan already in a state where she does not loose much while India becoming a global hub will be srprise to see investor fading away due to these posturing. I think there are other way for hedegemoney and bullet fare the last in that. Might be Maharastra Chunav for short term gain, but it will weaken Nawaz a lot in near term.

India media is jingoistic and victim of war hysteria just like you and your whole nation. So please stop quoting it as a source. It is simply not reliable and completely bogus.

At most we had 13 casualties. All civilians. It is obvious that you Indians are getting too excited with the death of the civilians but still no need to exaggerate to feed your jingoism and sadistic nature.

IS Pakistani media unreliable..or is it also unreliable and bogus?

Death toll hits 12 as Pakistan, India continue cross-border shelling – The Express Tribune

By Web Desk / AFP
Published: October 7, 2014

SIALKOT: Three more people were killed as Pakistan and India traded fire across the Sialkot border overnight, officials said on Wednesday, taking the toll to 12, with dozens more injured.

The latest casualties came after nine people died on Monday, the highest civilian toll in a single day in more than a decade on the boundary.

On Wednesday, a woman who was injured in mortar shell attacks in the Sharkargarh sector of Sialkot succumbed to her injuries.

Previously, eight people were killed in the Chaprar Sector due to the cross border firing by the Indian security forces while three others were injured in Sajeet Garh sector of Sialkot area as a result of shelling.

As far as I know 12 + 8 is 20..that is just till yesterday..today there were two more casualties.

It is beyond hilarious, that you are trying to take moral high ground here..Do I need quote scores of your posts, where you have been counting Indian dead..not just this time..in all previous cease fire violations as well.

and according to you why would pakistan want to change the current scenario

I thought my post was self explanatory. Pakistan is the one not happy with status quo, India is fine with it.

I thought my post was self explanatory. Pakistan is the one not happy with status quo, India is fine with it.
Pakistan happiness is now matter very low in current world order.
Pakistan need to redifine itself very soon

Doesn't matter whether the BSF outnumbers the Rangers in this particular form of conflict - this is not a ground war with troops attempting to take and hold territory,and the border posts/bunkers have limited space in terms of holding men and material. The attacks from both sides incorporate the use of artillery and small arms fire so the deciding factor is going to be the kinetic impact of the projectiles being used. If anything, if the Indians cram 20 guys in a bunker/post vs 5 on the Pakistani side, and both sides destroy each other's bunkers, the casualties on the Indian side will be higher given the higher concentration of men deployed at a single location.
India- Pak border is very large...India shares 3323 Km (including Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu & Kashmir sector) of its land border with Pakistan.LoC itself is 740 km.. So more resources means more advatage..
In any form of conflicts force concentration is a force multiplier.. Many mathematical, analytical and logical models are there about force concentrations.. Lanchester law explains how numerical superiority became a force multiplier..
Lanchester's laws
During the First World War Frederick W.Lanchester formulated Lanchester's laws that calculated that the combat power of a military force is the square of the number of members of that unit so that the advantage a larger force has is the difference of the squares of the two forces,i.e.

• If force A has say 2 units and force B has 3 units, then the advantage force B has is 3²-2² that is 5.
  • If force A still has 2 units and force B has 4 units then the advantage force B has is 4²-2² or 12.
  • If force A still has 2 units and force B has 5 units then the advantage force B has is 5²-2² or 21.
So a two to one advantage in units will quadruple the firepower and inflict four times the punishment, three times as many units will have nine times the combat ability and so on. Basically the greater the numerical superiority that one side has the greater the damage he can inflict on the other side and the smaller the cost to himself.

I think Kaleja is what we India and Pakistan are going to settle instead of Lanchester's laws

This is a master stroke by Nawaz Sharif. I have just browsed though the Pakistani news papers and TV programs. It seems dharna has been displaced from the headlines already.

I do not
This is a master stroke by Nawaz Sharif. I have just browsed though the Pakistani news papers and TV programs. It seems dharna has been displaced from the headlines already.
I do not think Nawaz will gamble like this.

IS Pakistani media unreliable..or is it also unreliable and bogus?

As far as I know 12 + 8 is 20..that is just till yesterday..today there were two more casualties.

12 is the total death toll. If 20 people would have died then ET would have mentioned it in its news but everywhere it claims to be deaht toll 12 not 20. Even in their latest report that is published today they put the death toll since Monday till today to be 12 not 20. That 8 deaths in chaprar sector is a mistake. They included injured in the dead too. Poor editing I must say.

Report from today:

As the death toll from recent border clashes hits 12, what action do you think should be taken?

Death toll hits 12 as Pakistan, India continue cross-border shelling – The Express Tribune

It is beyond hilarious, that you are trying to take moral high ground here..Do I need quote scores of your posts, where you have been counting Indian dead..not just this time..in all previous cease fire violations as well

You don't need to quote anything as I accept that yes I have counted Indian casualties. And that too was in response to a sadistic sick Indian who was exaggerating civilian casualties and feeling proud of it. So I am not taking high moral ground. I have it since I am not happy at the death of even a single civilian on Indian side. Yeah in place of civilians if BSF troopers would have died then that would have been a different story and so would have been my reaction over it.

I do not think Nawaz will gamble like this.

He had no other option. This was the only way he could have disrupted the momentum of the protests and it seems to be working well for him so far. A couple of weeks of tension and the protests would run out of steam completely.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom