What's new

India will be a Hindu nation by 2020, world by 2030: VHP’s Ashok Singhal

I think we need to put things into perspective and not lash out from both sides, definitely not get personal (hopefully).

It matters little to us what the history of Islam around the world is. What happens or happened in other nations or civilizations.

Its also really not important now what Muslim invaders from outside did as invading armies. Because that's what invading armies do. And if you are weak, you get defeated. Your cities burnt to the ground. Your temples desecrated. Your women raped and used as slaves.

I guess the angst is a lot more recent. In the run up to Independence.

Because those Muslims were not from other countries or civilizations. And they weren't foreign invaders.

They were Indians.

you are right but perhaps they think it otherwise.

I am trying to explain the Hindu point of view here.

Connected to why India will always be a Hindu nation.

As Dr. Koenraad Elst explained in the interview which I posted earlier on this thread

The Marathas were well on their way to reclaiming the whole of the subcontinent from the Mughals, the Mughal Empire in its final dying throes. Akhand Bharat was to have become a reality. This is 17th century India we are talking about.

The coming of the British in effect saved the Muslims. Not just the Mughal Empire, which was anyways finished for all intents, just the vestiges and trappings of power remaining and concentrated to the north west.

The unkindest cut was though not from the Muslims but from our fellow Hindus, who fought alongside the British in the Anglo Maratha wars, against us. I can tell you that it is still a point of great outrage to most Marathas, old and young. Especially in Maratha strongholds across Maharashtra even today.

1857 was rightly (or wrongly) a fight by Indians, both Hindu and Muslim, against the British. But there were two different camps. The Muslims (Indian, indigenous) thought they were fighting to resurrect the Mughal empire. The Hindus thought they were fighting the right the wrongs of the Anglo Maratha wars and reclaim Hindu dominance across the ancestral land.

As always, a divided house falls. And 1857 failed.

To my mind the angst starts from there. And culminates in 1947.

By the way @jamahir are you Hindu Indian Muslim?

muslim.

edit : indian muslim.

As claimed by him ? Whats your take on this ?

a muslim from india is a hindi ( from hind - india ), not hindu... this would be true for indian christians, sikhs, buddhists and parsis ( zoroastrians )... being a hindu is entirely different.

however, many indian muslims don't live a proper islami life... they want to "look muslim" rather than "be muslim"... they may commit horrendous crimes like "honor" killing or they may give loans on interest, which two go against the core tenets of islam... the courts have many intra-family property dispute cases from muslims, which need not have been present if the muslims here knew what the quran says about estate inheritance.

there are 300,000+ mosques in india, the world's highest number... if indian muslims had demanded decades back for the indian economic system to work without interest-based loans and stock market speculations, india wouldn't have economic/social crimes like farmer suicides and "honor" killing or student suicides... so i fault indian muslims too.

Last edited:
Call me skeptic, but I suffer from phobia of people who talks to divine beings when asleep. How exactly did this baba reached such conclusions?

There was "Indian" in his MCQ as well.

In case you missed that.

1. it is obvious that i am a muslim from india, therefore "indian muslim", but edited that in now anyway... recently three turkey members reacted in a reactionary way to my flags rather than my post content, so even they too know that i am indian muslim.

2. my previous post continues with "a muslim from india...".

by the way, what is mcq??

Last edited:
S
muslim.

edit : indian muslim.

a muslim from india is a hindi ( from hind - india ), not hindu... this would be true for indian christians, sikhs, buddhists and parsis ( zoroastrians )... being a hindu is entirely different.

however, many indian muslims don't live a proper islami life... they want to "look muslim" rather than "be muslim"... they may commit horrendous crimes like "honor" killing or they may give loans on interest, which two go against the core tenets of islam... the courts have many intra-family property dispute cases from muslims, which need not have been present if the muslims here knew what the quran says about estate inheritance.

there are 300,000+ mosques in india, the world's highest number... if indian muslims had demanded decades back for the indian economic system to work without interest-based loans and stock market speculations, india wouldn't have economic/social crimes like farmer suicides and "honor" killing or student suicides... so i fault indian muslims too.
Hi,

@SarthakGanguly says that all Indian Muslims are actually Hindu Muslims . thanks for clarifying though

Hi,
That does not make the HINDU Indian Muslims, does it ?
No. Indian Muslims don't believe us Hindus are sinners for being polytheists. They participate in our festivities as we do in theirs. Recently this has changed but it still remains mainstream. There, one of the pillars of Islam is not followed strictly, simply because in a plural society attaining social exclusiveness is not possible, nor is it desirable. Some are becoming purer as well, adopting a Salafi strain and shunning contact/friendly relations with Hindus and Sikhs.

No. Indian Muslims don't believe us Hindus are sinners for being polytheists. They participate in our festivities as we do in theirs. Recently this has changed but it still remains mainstream. There, one of the pillars of Islam is not followed strictly, simply because in a plural society attaining social exclusiveness is not possible, nor is it desirable. Some are becoming purer as well, adopting a Salafi strain and shunning contact/friendly relations with Hindus and Sikhs.
Hi,

How many Pillar of ISlam are there and of which are you talking about? If a particular Muslim attend non-Islamic festivities which are not going against the teaching that doesn't make him any less of a Muslim.

We celebrate Holi in lahore with our Hindu brothers, Does that make us Hindu ? :crazy:

I have taken my hindu friends to Masjid, but I myself couldn't go inside the very temple as Pandit wouldnt like it. Does that make me or him less of anything of what we are now ? Even though some of my friends have managed to go inside Temples.

Those Shrines of Piya Haji Ali in India, we see Hindus going there too. Does that mean they are Muslim Hindu ?

Last edited:
Hi,

How many Pillar of ISlam are there and of which are you talking about? If a particular Muslim attend non-Islamic festivities which are not going against the teaching that doesn't make him any less of a Muslim.

We celebrate Holi in lahore with our Hindu brothers, Does that make us Hindu ? :crazy:

I have taken my hindu friends to Masjid, but I myself couldnt go inside the very temple as Pandit would like it. Does that me r him less of anything we are now ? Even though some of my friends have managed to go inside Temples.

Those Shrines of Piya HAji Ali we see Hindus coming too, does that mean they are Muslim Hindu ?

Praying to Hindu Gods is a big deal, you can say you did this and that but actually doing so is a big deal for a strict/regular Muslim. Which is what many do, many go to mandirs and ask for blessings.

You missed my point. We are not so serious about religion. Muslims do care a bit more, but still not as much as Pakistanis do(as far as I have seen). Of course, abroad things are very different where Indians and Pakistanis are often the best of friends. But that's due to the lack of options. :D

Also you are lucky to have Hindu friends in Lahore. Stats show that 0.20% Hindus are left there. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom