What's new

India warns US against military aid to Pakistan

A slight change required in your sentence

U.S borrows money from China in the trillions in form of purchase of Chinese goods, and then sell you a nuclear deal, weapons to Taiwan. U.S may borrow another trillion from China in the next decade with no change about who they sell or give weapons to.

Dude.. China has little leverage on that front with the US. China is as dependent on the US as US is on China.

I was referring to U.S. Treasury securities. The purchase of Chinese goods are done by individuals and corporations.

India's defence minister cautioned the United States on Friday against military supplies to rival Pakistan, saying the hardware could be diverted to target India.

The warning came after the US in March said it would deliver unarmed drones to Pakistan and less than a month after it unveiled plans to transfer 600 million dollars to Islamabad to pay for anti-militant operations.

A. K. Antony told reporters in New Delhi that India's concerns had been conveyed to Washington.

"Even though the US is giving equipment to Pakistan to fight against the Taliban, we feel there is every possibility of (Pakistan) diverting most of them to the Indian borders," Antony said.

We have already conveyed our concerns about transfer of equipment to Pakistan. We told the US that they have to be careful about that," the Indian defence minister added.

Pakistan, Washington's frontline ally in its battle against militancy, has domestically produced surveillance drones but it told the US in March that it wanted sophisticated US-made aircraft.

The Pentagon soon said it would deliver "within a year" around a dozen unarmed drones to Islamabad to aid its fight against Al-Qaeda and Taliban insurgents in Pakistan.

Last month-end, the United States also said some 600 million dollars would be paid to Pakistan to reimburse it for the operations over the past year against Islamic extremists.

India's military insists that some of the US supplied hardware and funds have been siphoned away by Pakistan allegedly to buttress its arsenal against its estranged South Asian neighbour.

The two countries have fought three wars since their independence from the British in 1947 and came close to a fourth conflict in 2001 following the attack India's national parliament by gunmen which India blamed on Pakistan.

wahmbulance_b4be0.jpg

Wahmbulance has arrived all is good now.

ok whata hell is wrong with india cant stand pakistan win . hate india more than ever

karan.1970....than don't cry about 18 F-16 block 52s when you call them spare parts. How nice these spare parts are when they cross the border and drop The nuclear bombs just as an example why do you forget never to underestimate your opponent.

Allow me to present Spare parts.
HAF_F-16D_Block_52.jpg

Last edited:
karan.1970....than don't cry about 18 F-16 block 52s when you call them spare parts. How nice these spare parts are when they cross the border and drop The nuclear bombs just as an example why do you forget never to underestimate your opponent.

lol he wanted to say ,f16 are retired or going to be retired one's. i wonder wen u talk abt dropping nukes.u think u are the only country having superb f-16 and only country containing nukes.this make me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

gurjot..
read my post than wonder again put that laugh to bone you...I said as an example..because by his standard F-16 is junk but that junk can still carry nukes across the border and play its card in time.
I am sure you are not that lil idiot who denies F-16 is a suprb machine. true we are not the only country to have F-16s but we are the country whose F-16s can carry nuclear bombs and you are the only country in denial that F-16 is not a suprb machine and can't cause damage because reality Haunts you. Read my post not a single word about only country having nukes stay with-in parameters moron.

gurjot..
read my post than wonder again put that laugh to bone you...I said as an example..because by his standard F-16 is junk but that junk can still carry nukes across the border and play its card in time.
I am sure you are not that lil idiot who denies F-16 is a suprb machine. true we are not the only country to have F-16s but we are the country whose F-16s can carry nuclear bombs and you are the only country in denial that F-16 is not a suprb machine and can't cause damage because reality Haunts you. Read my post not a single word about only country having nukes stay with-in parameters moron.

u took my words in a wrong manner,f-16 is still used by israel,korea etc and other u.s allies.it is very deadly fighter and even in indian mrca.i just wanted to point the statement carrying nukes,i wanted to say if f-16 can carry then mki's too.i didnt want to say anything abt f-16

Allow me to present Spare parts.
HAF_F-16D_Block_52.jpg

And that's trolling, man.

Ok.. May be the tone was a little brash (time of the night to be blamed ;))

What I meant was that considering the plans of PAF in terms of inducting J 17s / J 10s and Indias plans to induct SU 30s and MMRCA, just 18 F 16s are like spare parts (not junk) compared to the over all PAF and IAF strength and wouldnt make no significant difference and India should not be needlessly worried..

@luftwaffe, why would you trust a plane dropped mechanism for N bomb.. Your missiles offer you a better option...

gurjot...had you in first place understood my post you wouldn't hesitate to reply.. my point F-16 is not a junk spare parts an old F-16A/B of ours can even carry nuclear weapons so think before you call something of world class as a spare parts. too much pride leads to disaster look at united states! don't be ridiculous.

@karan.1970 why would you buy mki and mrca when missiles are better options..think before you reply you just blundered.
I trust F-16 because its battle proven got my point or do i route you to americans why the use F-16s when they have missiles as better options. I am wondering how you reached to that Maj General Rank your so immature in your comments.

India asks US to monitor arms supply to Pakistan

India has conveyed to the US its concern over the misuse of American arms aid by Pakistan.

During his meeting with the US Joint Chief of Staff Committee Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen here on Friday, Defence Minister A. K. Antony suggested that America needs to set up a monitoring mechanism to ensure that the arms it's giving to Pakistan to combat terrorism is not diverted and used against India.

In a 45-minute meeting at South Block, Antony also expressed his apprehensions that American arms aid was disproportionate to the war on terror for which it was meant.

US military supplies to Pakistan in 2010 were expected to be over the 300 million dollars that they have grossed annually.

Among the supplies are F-16 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft. Most of the hardware that the US is supplying to Pakistan is classified but the list is known to include Harpoon missiles, heavy artillery guns and helicopter gunships. (ANI)

India asks US to monitor arms supply to Pakistan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
US Tells India Arms Sales to Pakistan Will Continue

The top U.S. military officer told Indian leaders Friday the United States will continue to sell weapons to Pakistan, and that the sales do not pose a threat to India.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen says he is confident the weapons the United States is selling to Pakistan are being used for their intended purpose - to fight al-Qaida and related terrorist organizations. But he says he urged Indian leaders to continue to discuss their concerns with him and other U.S. officials.

"We certainly understand the concerns and at the same time I don't believe that we've sold any weapons to Pakistan which greatly imbalance the capability between the two countries."

The admiral said the United States does not monitor the exact location or use of each item it sells to Pakistan, but his confidence they are being used properly is based on the increased trust between the U.S. and Pakistani governments built up in recent years.

U.S. officials also noted that the United States has sold sophisticated weapons to India, and is working on more sales, possibly including fighter jets.

Admiral Mullen praised recent improvements in U.S.-Indian relations, including an agreement signed Friday by the American ambassador and India's Home Minister to create a Counterterrorism Cooperation Initiative. The initiative includes a plan for cooperation on cyber security, which Admiral Mullen cited as a key area for U.S.-Indian cooperation.

The admiral welcomed the recent India-Pakistan dialogue, but said he was "discouraged" when the talks broke down. And he said he shares concerns about the activities of Pakistan's intelligence service, the ISI, which has been accused of supporting terrorist groups including the Haqqani network in Afghanistan and Lashkar-e-Taiba, which carried out the Mumbai attacks in 2008. Mullen says the ISI needs to "fundamentally change" its strategic approach.

"The ISI is an organization that has operated within Pakistan in concert with what it believes are its own national interests. And at the same time, there's an awful lot about them that I don't know," he said.

The admiral said some elements of the ISI clearly operate on orders from the Pakistani government, but he could not say whether all the group's activities are under the government's control.

Admiral Mullen said he expresses his concerns about ISI to Pakistani leaders on a regular basis, and he will do so again when he meets them later in this trip through the region.

US Tells India Arms Sales to Pakistan Will Continue | USA | English

Holding that there was every possibility of recent U.S. military aid to Pakistan being used against India, the government on Monday said it would provide all assistance to the armed forces to protect every inch of the country.

Defence Minister A.K. Antony told reporters here that he had conveyed India’s concerns in this regard during his meeting with U.S. National Security Advisor James Jones and Chairman of Joint Chief of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen last week, and pointed out that the support was “disproportionate” to Pakistan’s requirement to fight against the Taliban.

“We also feel that there is every possibility of diverting this sophisticated equipment against India,” he said, after laying a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti here to mark the 11th anniversary of the Kargil war.

Asked if the government had failed to capitalise on the gains made by Indian soldiers during the Kargil battle, he said the government would provide whatever was needed for the armed forces to protect every inch of Indian territory.

“We will strengthen our armed forces...whatever they may require to strengthen the Indian security apparatus so they can protect Indian territory,” he said.

The Defence Minister had said that arms aid to Pakistan, worth billions of dollars annually, was “disproportionate to the war on terror” for which it was intended, and suggested that the U.S. set up a monitoring mechanism to ensure that there was no diversion of aid.

Admiral Mullen had said that the military aid to Pakistan did not in any way “greatly imbalance” its capabilities vis-a-vis India. Asked whether the U.S. would take a re-look at the assistance if India provided evidence of misuse by Pakistan, he had termed the question “hypothetical”, but said if there was a change in use of the weapon systems, the U.S. would look at it.

The Hindu : News / National : U.S. aid to Pakistan may be used against India: Antony

Back
Top Bottom