What's new

India vs. South Africa Cricket Series

I think Darren Gough has forgot who beat England "every day of the week" in 2008.

Last time India toured Australia the result was 1-1.

Last time India toured England..the result was 1-0 in Indias favour.

Last time India toured SA...the result was 2-1 in SA favour...and now the series is 1-1.

Last time we toured WI..we won.

Last time we toured Lanka..we won.

Last time we toured New Zealand...we won.

I dont know what else would a champion team do.

Some corrections mate - India lost 2-1 the last time we toured Australia. For the record, India has never won a test series in Australia. The closest we've come was under Pataudi when we lost 2-3.

India SL Test series, we drew 1-1.

I think Darren Gough has forgot who beat England "every day of the week" in 2008.

Last time India toured Australia the result was 1-1.

Last time India toured England..the result was 1-0 in Indias favour.

Last time India toured SA...the result was 2-1 in SA favour...and now the series is 1-1.

Last time we toured WI..we won.

Last time we toured Lanka..we won.

Last time we toured New Zealand...we won.

I dont know what else would a champion team do.
mate...in australia we lost by 2-1 because of infamous sydney test.... in sri lanka we again drawn the series 1-1

Some corrections mate - India lost 2-1 the last time we toured Australia. For the record, India has never won a test series in Australia. The closest we've come was under Pataudi when we lost 2-3.

India SL Test series, we drew 1-1.

Ya right..thanks for the correction.

India lost the series in Australia and won the ODI series finals 2-0.

The problem with India is that its bowling line up is very weak. India is not a long term no. 1 team, according to Ian Chappel. Which I think is a fair enough assessment. It may be no. 1 according to the rankings, but as far as substance is concerned there's no clear no. 1 team. It will be interesting to see how India copes with the inevitable retirements of Sachin, Dravid, and Laxman. Sachin and Dravid are nearly 38 years old and Laxman is over 36. These guys have been doing a lot of heavy work.

The problem with India is that its bowling line up is very weak. India is not a long term no. 1 team, according to Ian Chappel. Which I think is a fair enough assessment. It may be no. 1 according to the rankings, but as far as substance is concerned there's no clear no. 1 team. It will be interesting to see how India copes with the inevitable retirements of Sachin, Dravid, and Laxman. Sachin and Dravid are nearly 38 years old and Laxman is over 36. These guys have been doing a lot of heavy work.
don't worry mate...these guys are hungry... they are insatiable..

The thing about India is that if it wants to win overseas series, it is peaking at the right time. When Pakistan was good, other teams were good as well. West Indies, Australia, etc, were very good, and South Africa was even better than it is today. We could have won in West Indies in 2000 had it not been for Doctrove being overly patriotic.

Now West Indies and Australia are going down but unfortunately Pakistan is getting quite bad too. India has a good chance to win a series in Australia for the first time when it tours it next.

Fair enough...but only time will tell.

Players like Yuvraj,Raina are waiting for the chance when these players will retire..so lets wait and watch when the time comes...till then India is no. 1 and that too with a big difference.

Don't think Yuvraj can become a good player at test level. He's played nearly 40 tests I think and has failed to establish himself. That's more than enough time to established yourself.

Raina OTOH has time but will have to change his batting very quickly otherwise he will go down Yuvraj's route too.

The other players are more interesting though. Pujara, Vijay, etc might be good test players in future. Let's see how their careers turn out.

Test

SR Tendulkar (India) 2010

Mat--Inns-NO-Runs--HS--Ave----BF----SR---100-50
14----23--3--1562-214-78.10-2794-55.90--7---5

VVS Laxman (India) 2010

11----18--4 --939--143*-67.07-1812-51.82-2---7

V Sehwag (India)

14 25 2 1422 173 61.82 1566 90.80 5 8

R Dravid (India)

12 20 2 771 191 42.83 1730 44.56 3 1

MS Dhoni (India)

13 19 1 749 132* 41.61 1350 55.48 1 4

G Gambhir (India)

10 18 2 524 116 32.75 877 59.74 1 4

Player Mat Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10

Z Khan (India)

9 311.5 62 1033 47 7/87 10/149 21.97 3.31 39.8 2 1

Harbhajan Singh (India)

12 612.0 103 1750 43 5/59 8/123 40.69 2.85 85.3 1 0

I Sharma (India)

11 323.4 56 1240 33 4/43 7/58 37.57 3.83 58.8 0 0

PP Ojha (India)

9 504.4 103 1439 33 4/107 7/204 43.60 2.85 91.7 0 0

If India won 8 and lost 3 this year if our bowling is weak then how we won this...:wave:
Don't think Yuvraj can become a good player at test level. He's played nearly 40 tests I think and has failed to establish himself. That's more than enough time to established yourself.

Raina OTOH has time but will have to change his batting very quickly otherwise he will go down Yuvraj's route too.

The other players are more interesting though. Pujara, Vijay, etc might be good test players in future. Let's see how their careers turn out.

Yuvraj Singh

34----52--6--1639-169-35.63-2782-58.91--3---9

he a good player but with out consistency is the problem,

even the first few years for Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Gunguly goes wrong they have the will to over came...its up-to them

Because your batsmen were able to get runs which allowed your bowlers to get other teams out for 400 or 500. Most times that won't happen.

Nine consecutive undefeated series streak out of which winning 7.Doing it calm and in a resilient way...

I'M loving it..tadatattaataaa...

Only Pakistan can defeat India anytime anywhere.Coz it has that jazba to beat the **** out of team Indian.Even though Pakistan team is going through its worst phase in whole history of its cricket,I'm sure still Pakistan can beat India even in there own home.The bowlers India have in their team ,we have kids who play street cricket who bowl better than Indian bowlers.Thats the only reason India is avoiding to play against Pakistan as it is fearful of its defeat.

Only Pakistan can defeat India anytime anywhere.Coz it has that jazba to beat the **** out of team Indian.Even though Pakistan team is going through its worst phase in whole history of its cricket,I'm sure still Pakistan can beat India even in there own home.The bowlers India have in their team ,we have kids who play street cricket who bowl better than Indian bowlers.Thats the only reason India is avoiding to play against Pakistan as it is fearful of its defeat.

Ohh no now your know that

But how you found that secret???? :lol::lol:

True that Pakistanis have got better fast bowlers, but what is the use for you?

Did anybody serve you better? no but let you down by indulging in match fixing etc. What is the use having good bowlers who deliberatly bowl ladoos..(no insult intended)

I guess ultra nationalistic ego makes people more stupid then they actually are.

I did say that most of the cricketing world takes indias number one ranking with a pinch of salt, as most of the wins were at home.

Did u ever wonder that why did ur own media term this series as the final frontier, why still the cricketing pundits call u the FTB's. Why so many eye brows are raised when ur record in Australia is mentioned. The key is in Australia. (So that you wont have to tell me, I know that Pakistan's record is nothing to brag about when it comes to Australia) But then we are not number one are we.

There was nothing wrong in what I had said, and u are being delusional, by the hype created around ur team that u cant see beyond it.

And also note one more thing, I have time and time again said that the india team is something to be learned a lesson from for the PCB. They are doing good, and they will continue to do so because the BCCI is implementing the right decisions. But what is a fact is a fact, ur team is good, but an undisputed number one NO!

have you any idea about ranking system??? Dont seem though. I will help you---
1-Ranking system is only a reflection of current and recent past performance only not the hell of whole history.
2-Ranking system is not absolute but relative in sense. To make you understand i will simply says that it tells you that how good are you relative to other teams.

If we dont win in Australia the series, did they win a single match in India in recent series???
If south africa win a match here didn't we win there??
Even we win matches in Sri lanka however they never wins a single match ever in India.

So the bottom line is India manages to win some matches outside India but no body able to win in India now a days.
So INDIA is undisputed No. 1 now.:bunny:
But INDIA is not undisputed No. 1 of all times.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom