What's new

India, US rush to ink logistics pact; Parrikar’s trip rescheduled to help deal

The LSA agreement would be signed next week. A huge win for US. US would literally get dozens of bases in India in one stoke.

NOPE.

US would have access to 'certain' Indian Bases after seeking prior approval for using them. And they would have to seek permission every time they use it. There is no automatic access.

America will kill our civilization from inside through leftist rot.

India has to regain its own identity, reclaim its own history an culture, rediscover its own civilisation.

A long as we do not do that, there is no point in blaming US or China. We are responsible for our Fate, not them.

You seem to have more faith in US than India.

Damn right India stands to gain. Just think of all the help you'll get from the US when you decide to mount a campaign against Guatemala. All those sweet US bases in the region, our logistics train, hell, maybe even our intelligence or kinetic support!! Those damn Guatermelons have had it coming for far too long!!

See how you benefit? Lucky you.

I would have thought Cuba was your target. No cigar for you.

The LSA agreement would be signed next week. A huge win for US. US would literally get dozens of bases in India in one stoke.

Yes @PARIKRAMA will be offline intermittently during those days as will be out of country working out the details and signing it.... ever wonder the name and present RM's name and way @PARIKRAMA knows everything and writes a doctoral thesis(amazing)?;);)

Just my observation:enjoy:

@Nilgiri What is your opinion of my observation?:P

@Robinhood Pandey You need to check this aspect too our CID Chief!:D

See let this one thing be clear. US does not have a base either in Taiwan or in any other south east Asian nation. Except a military garrison in Philippines. So no matter we sign or not , for the most important region we will have to negotiate with many nations .

Coming to the thought that it gives India a arrow in its inventory , well it does but not so. The only base they have around or near China except their bases in Singapore and Australia is Japan and South Korea.

Its basically like for gaining 1 Base we are giving up numerous bases bang on the head of Indian ocean and much more numerous bases near Tibet. They gain here a big big pie.

One thing we are ignoring is the geopolitical aspect of this. This means , there is next Democracry delivery plans by the west , they will jump start from here only , which means only one thing in global arena , we are a part of their ridiculous invasions. And then who is responsible for the wrath arising from it ? I don't want my citizens be killed for a invasion in middle east in name of jihad.

Coming to US taking the heat , as I said South Korea lost numerous lives in that sunk corvette by the north Korean Submarine , and we would have expected South Korea to take action while US takes the "HEAT " from China.... do you know what happened ? US turned the heat on SK , ensuring they don't do anything except increasing the number of propaganda speakers in their border.

US is the best enemy a nation can get as a ally and this has been proven numerous times.

India is build ing up north east not because of a go ahead by US , but because its our damm area.

@PARIKRAMA @anant_s
I am unaware of one thing , will this grant US access to India's all bases ?

This is what the map looks like,

military-west-pacific.jpg

This makes it possible for the IN to operate freely in that region and expand its operational foot print. It prepares IN for the future. Not to mention the opportunity for IAF to expand ITS operational foot print.

We have individually negotiated with Vietnam and they will welcome us when the time comes.

In fact IN has started visiting Thailand and Cambodia regularly now to gain experience in operating in those waters and develop deeper relations and future allies. It helps if we demonstrate CLEAR INTENT to operate in that seas.

This agreement with the US demonstrates our Intent and Resolve to the rest of the nations of the world. This will especially bring relief for the smaller nations around China sea. It brings them another potential ally, another rival to chinese threats.

India is already a democracy and no foreign will can undermine our own collective will. Your logic is scrambled by 'Fear'. M.E is a mess with our without India, but now India gets to insist on a continuing US base in Afghanistan so that Indian intelligence can operate safely in Afghanistan.

N.K is a wild card. Its best to ignore them. Not provoke them further. N.K has NOTHING to loose so they would welcome a war. They are Itching for a good fight. Same as pakistan. Strategy for dealing with a self destructive psycho is to leave them alone.

Finally as I have already said, the choice is between the Devil or the deep sea. We get into an agreement but with OUR EYES OPEN.

This is what the map looks like,

military-west-pacific.jpg

This makes it possible for the IN to operate freely in that region and expand its operationojfoot print. It prepares IN for the future. Not to mention the opportunity for IAF to expand ITS operational foot print.

We have individually negotiated with Vietnam and they will welcome us when the time comes.

In fact IN has started visiting Thailand and Cambodia regularly now to gain experience in operating in those waters and develop deeper relations and future allies. It helps if we demonstrate CLEAR INTENT to operate in that seas.

This agreement with the US demonstrates our Intent and Resolve to the rest of the nations of the world. This will especially bring relief for the smaller nations around China sea. It brings them another potential ally, another rival to chinese threats.

India is already a democracy and no foreign will can undermine our own collective will. Your logic is scrambled by 'Fear'. M.E is a mess with our without India, but now India gets to insist on a continuing US base in Afghanistan so that Indian intelligence can operate safely in Afghanistan.

N.K is a wild card. Its best to ignore them. Not provoke them further. N.K has NOTHING to loose so they would welcome a war. They are Itching for a good fight. Same as pakistan. Strategy for dealing with a self destructive psycho is to leave them alone.

Finally as I have already said, the choice is between the Devil or the deep sea. We get into an agreement but with OUR EYES OPEN.

I am still very skeptic. But till India has total say on its bases , India still manages to keep away from NATO invasions and the bases offered by us are few and non important ( not housing nuclear vessels or aircraft carriers or strategic squadrons ) , and we get substantial immediate benefit w.r.t. technology , this can go....

We have a similar but on a smaller scale agreement with UK, France and Russia to refuel and replenish their vessels if needed with Indian permission. This kind of agreement is fine , but anything over this.... I don't see a " ONE " benefit to us without severe repercussions.

And its wrong to say we don't have choices , we have a lot , but we lack vision up the deciding table.

NOPE.

India has to regain its own identity, reclaim its own history an culture, rediscover its own civilisation.

A long as we do not do that, there is no point in blaming US or China. We are responsible for our Fate, not them.

You seem to have more faith in US than India.

I have faith in Indian leftists. They will sink lower than the deepest gutters to degrade our society through islamism, naxals and liberalism. Especially since they control education & Judiciary.

I am still very skeptic. But till India has total say on its bases , India still manages to keep away from NATO invasions and the bases offered by us are few and non important ( not housing nuclear vessels or aircraft carriers or strategic squadrons ) , and we get substantial immediate benefit w.r.t. technology , this can go....

We have a similar but on a smaller scale agreement with UK, France and Russia to refuel and replenish their vessels if needed with Indian permission. This kind of agreement is fine , but anything over this.... I don't see a " ONE " benefit to us without severe repercussions.

And its wrong to say we don't have choices , we have a lot , but we lack vision up the deciding table.

Its healthy to be Sceptical. Its a very practical tool for survival. I would not want it any other way.

Its better to utilise US resources to collect Intel on China FOR NOW, than expend our own merger resources.

We do have a lot of choices, we just have to choose one with the least downtime and maximum gain.

In fact the Stronger we grown, the MORE Choices we have. The option is to form alliance and grow stronger.

The Weaker we are, the LESS choices we have.

Considering we are growing Stronger every day, our choices are only going to INCREASE. And then when a better choice presents itself we can choose that.

I have faith in Indian leftists. They will sink lower than the deepest gutters to degrade our society through islamism, naxals and liberalism. Especially since they control education & Judiciary.

And I have faith in my culture and civilisation to recover from this too. Modi coming to power is the clearest indication of our rejuvenating nature.

So the option left is to beat them at their game.....

@Shankranthi You will do well to add on to your post earlier by also highlighting the 'takeover' of the Straits of Malacca by Indian Navy as US withdrew it's naval forces after entering into an informal agreement with India to provide for security in the region as it's assets headed to participate in Operation Enduring Freedom .Today, we are the net security provider for IOR, with forays in South China Sea and Pacific being done to extend our security cover to all countries in these regions.

@Ankit Kumar 002 There is nothing to be sceptical about in the Indo-US agreement. Apart from a systematised policy of de-railing all strategic projects, links with any and everyone and calling for outright surrender of National Interests, there is nothing that points to India not being able to look after it's strategic interests and maintain it's 'independence'.

The security challenges for us are manifold and whether we like it or not, US is the safest bet today to further our own security (keeping in mind that they have worked on the side which undermined it in the first place). Just realpolitik.

Last edited:
So the option left is to beat them at their game.....

@Shankranthi You will do well to add on to your post earlier by also highlighting the 'takeover' of the Straits of Malacca by Indian Navy as US withdrew it's naval forces after entering into an informal agreement with India to provide for security in the region as it's assets headed to participate in Operation Enduring Freedom .Today, we are the net security provider for IOR, with forays in South China Sea and Pacific being done to extend our security cover to all countries in these regions.

India created the Andaman and Nicobar Command in 2001 itself to overlook the Malca straits. It had nothing to do with the US. In fact India turned down the US request for a base there back then. But it is possible that USN will get limited access now. (quid pro quo)

Its a Tri Service command with IAF and IN involved and a sizeable Force contingent.

Our Force there is around 20 Ships and will grow to 32 ships in the near future, not to mention a new facility to berth Nuclear submarines and additional airfields and bases for Su 30MKI.

US provides security around the globe to keep the USD strong and dominant trade currency. India has no such play so India is unlikely to provide any 'security' to anyone unless its to offset Chinese aggression and footprint.

India created the Andaman and Nicobar Command in 2001 itself to overlook the Malca straits. It had nothing to do with the US. In fact India turned down the US request for a base there back then. But it is possible that USN will get limited access now. (quid pro quo)

Its a Tri Service command with IAF and IN involved and a sizeable Force contingent.

Our Force there is around 20 Ships and will grow to 32 ships in the near future, not to mention a new facility to berth Nuclear submarines and additional airfields and bases for Su 30MKI.

US provides security around the globe to keep the USD strong and dominant trade currency. India has no such play so India is unlikely to provide any 'security' to anyone unless its to offset Chinese aggression and footprint.

I hope you realise that you are telling me something I know very well and first hand? I merely pointed out that you can add that aspect, in order for you to give a comprehensive coverage to your post earlier.

Having said that, read my post and suggestion to you very carefully, again. It is to highlight the convergence of interests as also the security implications which I was trying to point to you in order for you to give a complete assessment. However, you may continue to ignore the aforementioned convergence of mutual interests of India and US in the Far East and SCS onto Western Pacific. Your wish.

Cheers.

PS: Nuclear submarines? What is INS Varsha doing then? And you mean Su-30MKIs on Car Nic and INHS Baaz?

Last edited:
I hope you realise that you are telling me something I know very well and first hand? I merely pointed out that you can add that aspect, in order for you to give a comprehensive coverage to your post earlier.

Having said that, read my post and suggestion to you very carefully, again. It is to highlight the convergence of interests as also the security implications which I was trying to point to you in order for you to give a complete assessment. However, you may continue to ignore the aforementioned convergence of mutual interests of India and US in the Far East and SCS onto Western Pacific. Your wish.

Cheers.

PS: Nuclear submarines? What is INS Varsha doing then? And you mean Su-30MKIs on Car Nic and INHS Baaz?

I was pointing out that your assumption was wrong. IN do not share USN burden on the Malca Strait. Any sharing of burden will only be incidental to the larger picture. So in that limited sense there is a convergence.

Larger picture is that N has convergence with ALL parties in the South China sea except China, US being one of them. (though US is the most important one)

IN plans for a second Nuclear submarine base in Kamorta harbour in the future. Baaz and NAS Shibpur.

Arrogance will be our downfall.

By your posts it would appear that Low self esteem could be the culprit.

Last edited:
You can not run. You can not resist. You can only accept us. Embrace us. It is your destiny. Assimilate.

culturalvictory.gif

We are a creepy plague that binds your lungs, slowly choking you in our influence. And there is no cure (believe me, even the Soviets, ardent anti-American culturalists, tried that sh*t. Didn't work).

Cultural victory, America:D.

Except when america wins everyone loses.
America exports single moms, homosexual pride parades, anti-family feminists and "muh freedom" punk *** idiots. Almost forgot stupid evangelists and support for islamists.
The only thing I envy and admire about the US is their top 20 or so universities(only STEM departments). Truly world class with a true meritocratic system.

I am talking about taking concessions from both sides

India doesn't get access to top tier US technology and US bases (on same terms US will use ours)?

Look at some point you have to bite the bullet and pick a side to accelerate military and tech development at the highest level.

You do a disservice to yourself in thinking India will become overly-dependent on the US or will be its lackey.

India is way too large for that.

Have you for example looked at how the US and Russia conducted relations under the Yeltsin regime? Why do you think that regime acquiesed to US demands not to sell the 2nd round of cryo engines to India? It was because there was a real push to get a semi-formal alliance going between them...and it was gathering quite a lot of momentum at one point. Now when Putin came to power in late 90s, he put the brake on it a bit and then really reversed it later....do you think India would be unable to do the same should it feel it needs to?

Back
Top Bottom