What's new

Featured India, US Close To Signing $700 Million Deal To Acquire 100 'GE 404' Engines For Tejas Mk1A Fighter Jets

That was 6 years ago, so what do you want to prove?
The proof is in the pudding, this project from the outset has been plagued by delays and the IAF accepted the first order literally so that the project doesn't die. Do you suddenly expect everything to take a 180 with the reasoning being 'the article is six years old' ?

India is trying to do whatever it can......Why is a Bangladeshi having any issue with it?

I suggest we pose this question to the Bhakt chest beaters who feel that Bharat is getting more "mahaan" every passing day, even when Indians are dependent on foreign technology. No one questions patriotism, but let's stop parading outright lies by bhakts.

We all know where India is today. Lies are not needed.

Last edited:
I suggest we pose this question to the Bhakt chest beaters who feel that Bharat is getting more "mahaan" every passing day, even when Indians are dependent on foreign technology. No one questions patriotism, but let's stop parading outright lies by bhakts.

We all know where India is today. Lies are not needed.

even if Bhakts say India is getting Mahaan, it should not incite outright racist attacks from Bangladeshis citing works of white supremacists

even if Bhakts say India is getting Mahaan, it should not incite outright racist attacks from Bangladeshis citing works of white supremacists

OK Fine - point well taken.

But PJ O'Rourke is hardly white supremacist. You should read him sometime. He's hilarious. Here he rambles on about India - and every bit is realistic...

"The road is straight and level and would be almost two lanes wide if there were such things as lanes in India. The asphalt paving — where it isn’t absent — isn’t bad. As roads go in the developing world, this is a good one. But Indians have their own uses for the main thoroughfare spanning their nation. It’s a place where friends and family can meet, where they can set up charpoy beds and have a nap and let the kids run around unsupervised. It’s a roadside cafe with no side — or tables, or chairs — where the street food is smack-dab on the street. It’s a rent-free function room for every local fete….

The road is also convenient for bullock cars, donkey gigs, horse wagons, pack camels, and the occasional laden elephant — not convenient for taking them anywhere, just convenient. There they stand, along with sheep, goats, water buffalo, and the innumerable cows sent to graze on the Grand Trunk. I watched several cows gobbling cardboard boxes and chewing plastic bags. There may be reasons besides sanctity that the Indians don’t eat them…

India really is magical. How can they drive like this without killing people? They can’t. Jeeps bust scooters, scooters plow into bicycles, bicycles cover the hoods of jeeps. Cars run into trees. Buses run into ditches, rolling over their old-fashioned rounded tops until they’re mashed into chapatis of carnage. And everyone runs into pedestrians. A speed bump is called a “sleeping policeman” in England. I don’t know what it’s called in India. “Dead person lying in the road” is a guess. The animals get clobbered, too, including the sacred cows, in accidents notable for the unswerving behavior of all participants. Late in our trip, in Bihar state, the car in front of us hit a cow — no change in speed or direction from the car, no change in posture or expression from the cow….

In one day of travel, going about 265 miles from Varanasi to the border of west Bengal, I recorded 25 horrendous Tata wrecks. And I was scrupulous in my tallying. Fender benders didn’t score; neither did old, abandoned wrecks or broken-down Tatas. Probable loss of life was needed to make the list. If you saw one of these pile-ups on I-95, you’d pull into the next rest stop — clutch foot shivering, hand palsied upon the shift knob — saying, “Next time, we fly.” In India, you shout to your car-mates, “That’s number nineteen! I’m winning the truck-wreck pool for today!” …"

Last edited:

But PJ O'Rourke is hardly white supremacist. You should read him sometime. He's hilarious. Here he rambles on about India - and every bit is realistic...

"The road is straight and level and would be almost two lanes wide if there were such things as lanes in India. The asphalt paving — where it isn’t absent — isn’t bad. As roads go in the developing world, this is a good one. But Indians have their own uses for the main thoroughfare spanning their nation. It’s a place where friends and family can meet, where they can set up charpoy beds and have a nap and let the kids run around unsupervised. It’s a roadside cafe with no side — or tables, or chairs — where the street food is smack-dab on the street. It’s a rent-free function room for every local fete….

The road is also convenient for bullock cars, donkey gigs, horse wagons, pack camels, and the occasional laden elephant — not convenient for taking them anywhere, just convenient. There they stand, along with sheep, goats, water buffalo, and the innumerable cows sent to graze on the Grand Trunk. I watched several cows gobbling cardboard boxes and chewing plastic bags. There may be reasons besides sanctity that the Indians don’t eat them…

India really is magical. How can they drive like this without killing people? They can’t. Jeeps bust scooters, scooters plow into bicycles, bicycles cover the hoods of jeeps. Cars run into trees. Buses run into ditches, rolling over their old-fashioned rounded tops until they’re mashed into chapatis of carnage. And everyone runs into pedestrians. A speed bump is called a “sleeping policeman” in England. I don’t know what it’s called in India. “Dead person lying in the road” is a guess. The animals get clobbered, too, including the sacred cows, in accidents notable for the unswerving behavior of all participants. Late in our trip, in Bihar state, the car in front of us hit a cow — no change in speed or direction from the car, no change in posture or expression from the cow….

In one day of travel, going about 265 miles from Varanasi to the border of west Bengal, I recorded 25 horrendous Tata wrecks. And I was scrupulous in my tallying. Fender benders didn’t score; neither did old, abandoned wrecks or broken-down Tatas. Probable loss of life was needed to make the list. If you saw one of these pile-ups on I-95, you’d pull into the next rest stop — clutch foot shivering, hand palsied upon the shift knob — saying, “Next time, we fly.” In India, you shout to your car-mates, “That’s number nineteen! I’m winning the truck-wreck pool for today!” …"

closet white supremacists....People of his ilk are in the way out..look at what happened at NYTimes with their health beat reporter who was conducting expensive tours for high school students in the Andes for the Times....we live in a different era now, casual racism against non-white people are not given a pass anymore

How is this an Indian plane as they even rely on American engineers to install them. Indians need to learn how to install them. If they run into issues, they can call tech support. Which should be located inside India anyway.
You Chinese have copied and pasted Russian aircraft design often, reverse-engineered several of their IP illegally, even today you buy their aircraft. Are you suggesting that Indians also become a copy/steal nation like you, instead of enjoying partnerships from all countries that matter?

Your still flying 50 year old mirages that where destined for scrap metal by likes of Australia & Libya who sold them for virtual nothing.
There is no such thing as a 5th gen or 6th gen in Indo pak theatre and looking at your 70 years of financiail woes i dont see you people ever getting 5th gen certainly not for 20 years no matter what china does.

Your thunder which is back bone of your air force for next 2 decades is fairly basic design and only the 30 upcoming block 3 can be truely classed as modern .

Nobody cares if theres 3 or 4 in the second squadron theres 6 on taxi trials ready to induct next few weeks
10 more in 2022... Guranteed

The mark1a

They wont stand still at 23 or 24 for ever

So wheres your block 3 you guys been talking about for 5 years

Tejas has the same engine as Gripen of Sweden

Its actually twice has efficient and far more modern then smokey junk from russia powering the chinease built JF17 you call your joint product

Tejas has world class USA engine
High end israeli radar HMD and weapons
These very important tech makes Tejas superior to JF17 which relys on chinease second tier tech

Again, it is hard to rfute so much BS in such one post.

As if Indian is somehow not flying MIG-21s and Jaguars....

As if India is not so far behind on LCA it will be obsolete when fully inducted....

As if other JF-17s will not be upgraded to Block III

Time to stop wasting breath on you.

Mods, we found out what banned member this is yet? My bet it is either The Maverick or Mighty Lion.....

Tejas has the same engine as Gripen of Sweden

Its actually twice has efficient and far more modern then smokey junk from russia powering the chinease built JF17 you call your joint product

Tejas has world class USA engine
High end israeli radar HMD and weapons
These very important tech makes Tejas superior to JF17 which relys on chinease second tier tech
anything left you have rants against Pakistan?? We don't called it JF-17 is our INDIGENOUS jet why you calling your MAHAN/VEDIC OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE JUNK JET NAMED TEJ@$$ SAMOSA INDIGENOUS PRODUCT OF INDIA

WHICH IS WRONG YOUR OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE VEDIC/MAHAN 1000 GEN JUNK JET HAVE LESS THAN 50% INDIGENOUS COMPONENTS ACCORDING TO YOUR GOI REPORT FEW YEAR AGO

AND SMKOE ISSUE IS ALREADY SOLVED BY PAC TECHNICIANS AND ENGIEERS, SO THERE IS MINIMAL TO NO SMOKE ISSUES CURRENTLY WITH RD-93

Again, it is hard to rfute so much BS in such one post.

As if Indian is somehow not flying MIG-21s and Jaguars....

As if India is not so far behind on LCA it will be obsolete when fully inducted....

As if other JF-17s will not be upgraded to Block III

Time to stop wasting breath on you.

Mods, we found out what banned member this is yet? My bet it is either The Maverick or Mighty Lion.....
Its the Maverick - perm banned

Its the Maverick - perm banned
I think @eurofighter was aggressively arguing with Pakistanis. But does his posts deserve him to be banned? I am talking about his latest posts.

I guess there are multiple sets of standards at PDF.

I guess this is pakistani forum, and it is your rules.

@SQ8 - does not this deserve a ban? Is there anything relevant in this? What is the purpose of this post in a military forum?

Last edited:
I think @eurofighter was aggressively arguing with Pakistanis. But does his posts deserve him to be banned? I am talking about his latest posts.

I guess there are multiple sets of standards at PDF.

I guess this is pakistani forum, and it is your rules.

@SQ8 - does not this deserve a ban? Is there anything relevant in this? What is the purpose of this post in a military forum?
He is banned for multiple IDs - Pakistani or non-Pakistani has nothing to do with it. Can return when the ban on orignal ID expires.
Nice work, give the guy credit for restarting a 3 year dormant account just to get round being banned.....
Given - credit given to the venom and hatred these people carry that has them go to this extreme..

USA engineers coming to india to fit an American engine in a 100% indigenous indian plane

Yahoo News
Swarajya
India, US Close To Signing $700 Million Deal To Acquire 100 'GE 404' Engines For Tejas Mk1A Fighter Jets
Swarajya Staff
14 July 2021, 5:50 am
9360b95b03a6f028e002977521dfacde

In what would signify further deepening of defence ties between India and the United States (US), the former is set to sign a deal to acquire 100 fighter jet engines worth $700 million from US-based General Electric (GE), reports Economic Times.
The procured GE 404 engines will be used to power the Mk 1A version of the indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas. The said engine is already being used to power the Mk1 version of the LCA Tejas which is in service with the Indian Air Force (IAF).

Earlier in February, India had formally signed a Rs 48,000 crore contract to acquire indigenous LCA Tejas Mk1A fighter jets with the state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
India and the US are said to have almost completed the negotiations and all issues related to the supply are said to have been sorted out.
Once inked, the engagement would mark the biggest India-US defence deal since February 2020 when India had placed orders to procure MH-60 Sikorsky Romeo multi-role helicopters and Apache attack choppers during a visit by the then-president Donald Trump.

Back
Top Bottom