What's new

Featured India, US Close To Signing $700 Million Deal To Acquire 100 'GE 404' Engines For Tejas Mk1A Fighter Jets

yes they have recently operationalized one Squadron

For ALL of You unfamilair with the Tejas and Amca programme let me inform /educate you now so you understand what exactly is going on with IAF indengious fighter programme drive

The desire or need for Tejas and subsequent off spring fighters is for india to replace mig fighters first an then to become self sufficuient in Aerospace power by 2030 onwards .

It started with Tejas fighter programme which will replace 120 mig21 bisons .
Tejas mark1 is only 40 planes ( 24 delivered to date) as major improvements demanded by IAF.
mark1a is the same plane same engine same FCS just cockpit upgrade new AESA new EW suites. All weapons on mark1 and 1a will be the same as will be the USA engine GE404in .

Mark 2 is a bigger plane , heavier plane but draws huge experience and learns from mark1a . Essentially bigger brother of mark1a features a new GE414 engine more hardstations new large screen cockpit display . But where india saves time the Aesa radar EW suites and weapons are identical. to Mark1a
The expected orders are between 120 fighters to 170. The ambitious FOC and entry is slated for 2028 which is 5 years after first flight i expect 2 year delay until 2030 .

But following USA admission that late 4th generation fighters are needed in future alongside hyper expensive 5th gen fighters that can barely cover 1 sortie a day the Mark 2 will be huge in IAF for 30 years.
It will mean MMRCA will be cancelled ie no F16/70 and future rafale orders curtailed to just 4o or 60 fighters max of the F4 variant.

Both these Tejas programmes will eventually morph into AMCA which will be twin engined and powered by the same GE414 engines or certainly the first 40 mark1 Amca will be

See the details below

1620048682530.png

to
1620048716961.png

1620048795226.png

AMCA first flight is expected 2027-2028 with FOC 2032-2035

The opening vedip from IDU shows a pretty impressive infrastructure all set for Tejas and Amca programmes which wil get better.

A LOT of jibes and sarcastic remarks but this is a country with the biggest space programme outside of the wester world BAR china and an IT services industry yeilding 120 billion dollars a year in net revenure /exports. .. Not related to Aerospace but the have good track record on project and IT and engineering technology . Underestimate all you want but Tejas & Amca are coming in large nos by 2030 onwards

For ALL of You unfamilair with the Tejas and Amca programme let me inform /educate you now so you understand what exactly is going on with IAF indengious fighter programme drive

The desire or need for Tejas and subsequent off spring fighters is for india to replace mig fighters first an then to become self sufficuient in Aerospace power by 2030 onwards .

It started with Tejas fighter programme which will replace 120 mig21 bisons .
Tejas mark1 is only 40 planes ( 24 delivered to date) as major improvements demanded by IAF.
mark1a is the same plane same engine same FCS just cockpit upgrade new AESA new EW suites. All weapons on mark1 and 1a will be the same as will be the USA engine GE404in .

Mark 2 is a bigger plane , heavier plane but draws huge experience and learns from mark1a . Essentially bigger brother of mark1a features a new GE414 engine more hardstations new large screen cockpit display . But where india saves time the Aesa radar EW suites and weapons are identical. to Mark1a
The expected orders are between 120 fighters to 170. The ambitious FOC and entry is slated for 2028 which is 5 years after first flight i expect 2 year delay until 2030 .

But following USA admission that late 4th generation fighters are needed in future alongside hyper expensive 5th gen fighters that can barely cover 1 sortie a day the Mark 2 will be huge in IAF for 30 years.
It will mean MMRCA will be cancelled ie no F16/70 and future rafale orders curtailed to just 4o or 60 fighters max of the F4 variant.

Both these Tejas programmes will eventually morph into AMCA which will be twin engined and powered by the same GE414 engines or certainly the first 40 mark1 Amca will be

See the details below

View attachment 739801
to
View attachment 739802

View attachment 739804

The opening vedip from IDU shows a pretty impressive infrastructure all set for Tejas and Amca programmes which wil get better.

A LOT of jibes and sarcastic remarks but this is a country with the biggest space programme outside of the wester world BAR china and an IT services industry yeilding 120 billion dollars a year in net revenure /exports. .. Not related to Aerospace but the have good track record on project and IT and engineering technology . Underestimate all you want but Tejas & Amca are coming in large nos by 2030 onwards
Anything you left, we knows whatyou have a track record of your Fighter jet developments i.e TEJAS aka LCA (1983 to 2020):sick:

Anything you left, we knows whatyou have a track record of your Fighter jet developments i.e TEJAS aka LCA (1983 to 2020):sick:

Your laughing at this ........... Do you want to clarify what your laughing about .

This is a full n production , in service fighter with several spin offs cloing off the back of it

Astra BVR
Rudra stand off weapons
Aesa Radars
CATS wing man

1620051198771.png

Tejas Factory
1620051306124.png

1620051340642.png

1620051495285.png

1620051535118.png

And these indians are not rushing to Chengdu in china they have their own engineers and work shops and Labs

You sarcastic laugh is false because the project now is Huge

First flight is 2025 and induction is 2031 as per schedule, AMCA prototype work is under progress and will be rolled out in 2024.
Why cherrypick Tejas? Our HF-24 Marut was done perfectly on time.

Why cherrypick Tejas? Our HF-24 Marut was done perfectly on time.

The Marut saga drives his point further. It is termed a "long drawn out failure" which the IAF was not very keen on. Reminds you of another project?

It was also an off the shelf design bought from a foreigner who had pitched it to other countries before.

Last edited:
Marut was an off the shelf design bought from a foreigner who had pitched it to other countries before. Marut's performance there after is well known and probably the reason why the IAF is still not the keenest Joe for the Tejas.
No, Kurt Tank joined HAL as an employee and then IAF began her first fighter program and then Marut was made, an individual alone can’t make aircraft designs at home and offer it alone.

No, Kurt Tank joined HAL as an employee and then IAF began her first fighter program and then Marut was made,

Yes, and the design that he had already been trying to sell had no barring on his hiring.

Regardless, you don't want to flaunt the Marut's example around. It definitely was neither "done perfectly" nor "on time". I don't get how you come up with these "facts" out of thin air.

an individual alone can’t make aircraft designs at home and offer it alone.

Best one reserve his opinion when not educated on the matter. A quick Google search is another good option.

LCA MK1A will roll out in 2023 of production variant, LCA MK2 will be prototype.
The original LCA prototype was flown back in 2001. Right now it's what .... two squadrons operational ? Anyways I wouldn't want to comment much about it as Indian sources themselves reported the following (regarding the LCA MK1):

It had earlier agreed to induct 40 Tejas', an aircraft that India's national auditor CAG said had severe flaws with "shortfalls in meeting the engine thrust and other parameters such as weight of the aircraft, fuel capacity, pilot protection from front against 7.62 mm bullets."

The IAF agreed to induct the flawed aircraft to keep the Tejas programme alive.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/despite-flaws-india-to-induct-tejas-mark-1a-fighter-1224355

Last edited:
That was 6 years ago, so what do you want to prove?

I think he made his point. 2 squadrons (one of them with just 2 planes so essentially just one squadron) of planes inducted in 20 years after first flight. That is like USAF getting it's first F-16 unit in 1998.
By the time this plane and it's MK2 version is being made in numbers everyone else would have moved to next gen (5/6th gen)

Your laughing at this ........... Do you want to clarify what your laughing about .

This is a full n production , in service fighter with several spin offs cloing off the back of it

Astra BVR
Rudra stand off weapons
Aesa Radars
CATS wing man

View attachment 739813

Tejas Factory
View attachment 739815

View attachment 739816

View attachment 739817

View attachment 739818

And these indians are not rushing to Chengdu in china they have their own engineers and work shops and Labs

You sarcastic laugh is false because the project now is Huge
I knew how your LATE COMING AIRCRAFT HAVE A INDIGENOUS CONTENTS/COMPONENTS IN IT
LOL

AND CAN I LIST YOU THAT HOW MUCH FOREIGN COMPONENTS/ TECHNOLOGIES YOUR MIGHTY/VEDIC OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE 1000 GEN AHEAD FROM REST OF WORLD FIGHTER JETS LOL

I think he made his point. 2 squadrons (one of them with just 2 planes so essentially just one squadron) of planes inducted in 20 years after first flight. That is like USAF getting it's first F-16 unit in 1998.
By the time this plane and it's MK2 version is being made in numbers everyone else would have moved to next gen (5/6th gen)
Tejas is a replacement for MiG-21, what production speed do you expect with an order of 40? Mk1A has 83 with 16/ year production. 200 LCA MK2 will have far higher production speed due to big order.

Back
Top Bottom