What's new

India urges France to advocate for a ban on weapon sales by EU to Pakistan

As for i know pak is only buying defense equipment only from itly , these mentally ill hindutva terrorists do know we will always get better then them so they always found whining here and there

Countries are driven by interests not Indian bitching. France is selling weapons to India hence it can afford not to sell to Pakistan but what about other European countries who are not selling to India or India has rejected their products?
Secondly, Pakistan isn't looking towards Europe or the US for weapons sale. We have got that covered from China, Turkey and our own industry.
Pakistan and Italy enjoy close relations and nothing India can do is going to change that unless the whole of European Union bans Pakistan because India said so.

It's useless, nobody will comply. Everyone is out to make a buck, if Pakistan is offering money, people are happy to take it.

Thanks to China and Turkey’s now mature defence industry and lots of indigenous capability now established. These antics will not hamper our defence needs like it used to back in the 90s and 2000s. We are past that :D
Pakistanis dont learn

Go into JV and indigenous weapons

In a capitalistic scoeity india can leverage its market share and choke off even chinese and turkish weapons
Even if not you will become too much dependent upon china

Pakistanis dont learn

In a capitalistic scoeity india can leverage its market share and choke off even chinese and turkish weapons
Lmao I don't think India can do shit to china economically.

Pakistanis dont learn

Agreed. Like continued procurement of drones class that we are already producing. There should be a ban on import of products already produced on the country.

If i was french - i would be pretty embarrassed right now - it does sound like France is becoming India's bitch/poodle on a dog leash..

All of the European countries continue to sell if Pakistan has the money - only exceptions are the French, and Germany. Why should the other countries deny themselves sales, just so "the french can sell more to the Indians".

Even the UK continues to sell ( ie CAMM-ER ).

Best policy for European countries is to stay neutral between Pakistan and India - and sell to both.

Agreed. Like continued procurement of drones class that we are already producing. There should be a ban on import of products already produced on the country.
I'm sure if our drones were upto the standard they seek, they would have. There's obviously a clear difference in capability hence the procurement.

I don't think they are that wasteful.

Maybe our own aren't that good? They're not going to shout it from the roof are they?
No. The deal was made a few months before the trials reportedly took place.

Also if it’s not good enough then make it, it’s nearly there. We started producing drones back in the 90s and never really used our head start to the advantage. In the meanwhile, like it has happened in nearly all aspects for Pakistan, others crossed past us.

I'm sure if our drones were upto the standard they seek, they would have. There's obviously a clear difference in capability hence the procurement.

I don't think they are that wasteful.
We exported drones (albeit small ones) to US border petrol back in the early 2000. If we keep neglecting the refining and evolving of our own products with an easy fix to simply import, then we will never reach the intended capabilities.

France can't do much in eu, it would be more meaningful if India begs Germany. Rest, things are changing post COVID in their neighborhood and under Russia's belly, it would be very difficult for eu to take such blanket decision.

Back
Top Bottom