What's new

India unveils 5-year military buildup plan against China

Thanks for the heads up bro, but I was only saying the idea of "nothing" didn't necessarily have its origins set in India. The number 0, from which the numbering system was developed and used today may have footsteps in India, but by all means, nothing did not 100% come from India!

Like what I said, chimps invented 0; india invented zero, nil, blank, nothing.

I saw a documentary showing Indian pickup a rock from the ground. After picking up on the ground, it left a imprint of 0. There is no rock on the ground but left a imprint of 0.

I do not know if this is true!

Look, I grew up in Europe, human history taught by European schools is pretty much euro-centric, with most materials concentrating on industrialisation, and tiny little on China and the rest of the world.

An european doesn't know a jackshit on China, except some experts majoring World History, or someone with Chinese ancestry who care to know sth extra.

Never trust propangandadistic documentaries out there.

China was the most advanced society technologically in most part of human history, literally centuries ahead of the rest of the world, before the Brits came along with industrialisation in the recent past.

It is logical that China was used to lead the world in almost all branches of science and technologies, both civilian and military, for most part of human history.

Ancient China was mostly closed to the outside world except 3 short periods:

1, part of Tan dynasty

When Chinese chess, etc. many chinese inventions and technologies were passed on to Persia and India in the West and Southwest, and to Korea and Japan in the East, via travellers, mostly Buddhist pilgrims.

2. part of Yuan dynasty

when Marco Polo etc, first wave of small groups of Europeans reached China and took away many Chinese ideas and inventions after their initial shock and awe...

3 part of Ming dynasty

When Zhen He went on to showpiece Great Imperical CHina's advancement to the rest of the world via sea routes, carried with him many Chinese inventions and technologies again to Persia and India , etc.

That's it.

Meanwhile throughout the history only Arabs traders linked China with the rest of the world thru Silk Road. It was mainly a one-way traffic when Arabs took many Chinese inventions and introduced them to the Eorupeans and Persians, who then passed them on to South Asia ( today's India mainly).

Note here: India only existed after British Rai - 60 years!

You can not equate Ancient Indus Valley Civilisation to the modern day India.

they are two different concepts!! It is because by then there were many ancient tribes living in the region, for example, people currently reside in Pakistan shared a significant part of ancient Indus Valley Civilisation...

Therefore , knowing almost nothing about Imperial China, the West almost always miscredit Chinese inventions, ideas and techonogies to Arabs and Persians, sometimes to India as well (in cases like Chess, 10-based numerical system, etc, etc) , because those were the only places the West knew about in pre-industrial time. And Indians therefore, shamelessly claimed and accepted every single credit that the West gave it to them with bullshit piecemeal literatures and home-cooked documentaries.

So just use your own logic and intuition to reason and judge.

What's the big deal about zero? NOthing! Every ancient civilisation must know how to use it, since 0 is a fundamental natural concept ( as I stated in my earlier posts) that pre-historic humanity must deal with in the first step in developing any ancient technologies and knowledge.

Early Egiptians built pyramids thousands years AD. They didn't know and use the concept of zero?? Who's gonna believe that? Were they Martians?

In the end, as I said, if one really wants to know who invented 0, look no further than chimps and monkeys , which Hindu bigots here are so eager to associate themselves with! :mps:

Last edited:
Look, I grew up in Europe, human history taught by European schools is pretty much euro-centric, with most materials concentrating on industrialisation, and tiny little on China and the rest of the world.

An european doesn't know a jackshit on China, except some experts majoring World History, or someone with Chinese ancestry who care to know sth extra.

Never trust propangandadistic documentaries out there.

China was the most advanced society technologically in most part of human history, literally centuries ahead of the rest of the world, before the Brits came along with industrialisation in the recent past.

It is logical that China was used to lead the world in almost all branches of science and technologies, both civilian and military, for most part of human history.

Ancient China was mostly closed to the outside world except 3 short periods:

1, part of Tan dynasty

When Chinese chess, etc. many chinese inventions and technologies were passed on to India via Chinese travellers, mostly Buddhist pilgrims.

2. part of Yuan dynasty

when Marco Polo etc, first wave of small groups of Europeans reached China and took away many Chinese ideas and inventions after their initial shock and awe...

3 part of Ming dynasty

When Zhen He went on to showpiece Great Imperical CHina's advancement to the rest of the world via sea routes, carried with him many Chinese inventions and technologies again to Persia and India , etc.

That's it.

Meanwhile throughout the history only Arabs traders linked China with the rest of the world thru Silk Road. It was mainly a one-way traffic when Arabs took many Chinese inventions and introduced them to the Eorupeans and Persians, who then passed them on to South Asia ( today's India mainly).

Note here: India only existed after British Rai - 60 years! You can not equate Ancient Indus Valley Civilisation to the modern day India,, because by then there were many ancient tribes living in the region, for example, people currently reside in Pakistan shared a significant part of ancient Indus Valley Civilisation...

Therefore , knowing almost nothing about Imperial China, the West almost always miscredit Chinese inventions, ideas and techonogies to Arabs and Persians, sometimes to India as well (in cases like Chess, 10-based numerical system, etc, etc) , because those were the only places the West knew about in pre-industrial time. And Indians therefore, shamelessly claimed and accepted every single credit that the West gave it to them with bullshit piecemeal literatures and home-cooked documentaries.

So just use your own logic and intuition to reason and judge.

What's the big deal about zero? NOthing! Every ancient civilisation must know how to use it, since 0 is a fundamental natural concept ( as I stated in my earlier posts) that pre-historic humanity must deal with in the first step in developing any ancient technologies and knowledge.

Early Egiptians built pyramids thousands years AD. They didn't know and use the concept of zero?? Who's gonna believe that? Were they Martians?

In the end, as I said, if one really wants to know who invented 0, look no further than chimps and monkeys , which Hindu bigots here are so eager to associate themselves with! :mps:

Those ancient tribes have written Vedas (which had great deal of medical and mathematical sciences!! ) opened universities, had astronomers, mathematicians, great thinkers and philosophers (like Gautam Buddha!!)...
You can say what you want to bash another country, but it doesn't changes the truth, does it..

Last edited:

they are two different concepts!! It is because by then there were many ancient tribes living in the region, for example, people currently reside in Pakistan shared a significant part of ancient Indus Valley Civilisation...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanda_Dynasty

Maurya Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gupta_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal_Empire

Last edited:
wiki my foot! I was used to edit and write wiki on some parts.

You idiot obviously have no clue on what's the difference between

peer-recommended serious literature /research and some public info junkbox.:smokin:

Chillout..
You are free to search any "serious literature" that says otherwise, that was the easiest source I could find. I will try if I get time.

And surely, Gautama Buddha, Vedas, Yoga, Nalanda University (which PRC will be helping to revive!! ) etc do not need any proof to you..
Try take out that 'hate India' goggles of yours for a while..

Last edited:

Interesting. It is significant that you taught yourself to read and write Chinese then.

The truth is that even Chinese middle/high school history books were "Eurocentric" (apart from the subject of Chinese history itself)

What you said above is highly controversial. I in fact disagree. But getting bogged down in a debate will not serve my purposes.

Again that's quite debatable. However, I will say that it has been my subjective impression based on my own reading of history and on "Orientalist research" that the Arabs contributed not much more than their language and script to the Middle East.

It was the Persians and the Persianized that did much of the intellectual heavy lifting by contributing the "brain" - to science to mathematics to astronomy to poetry to literature art to statecraft.

And the Turks contributed their swords and their horses.

It's been that way since the late Umayyads.

I do agree that it's at least possible, if not probable, that some of the laurels "credited" to "Indians" may in fact more aptly belong to the "Iranic/Bactrian/Scythian/Greeks" that went over to the subcontinent ...

Even Buddhism spread to China from "Greek" Indians in 贵霜 (Khushan).

And we can't deny that there had been a fair bit of a cultural "melting" pot going on in Western China for centuries, too, which was instrumental to the shaping of classical Chinese society ...

Indian History in Short :

The History of India begins with the birth of the Indus Valley Civilization in such sites as Mohenjo-Daro, Harappa, and Lothal, and the coming of the Aryans. These two phases are usually described as the pre-Vedic and Vedic perio ds. It is in the Vedic period that Hinduism first arose: this is the time to which the Vedas are dated.

In the fifth century, large parts of India were united under Ashoka. He also converted to Buddhism, and it is in his reign that Buddhism spread to o ther parts of Asia. It is in the reign of the Mauryas that Hinduism took the shape that fundamentally informs the religion down to the present day.

Islam first came to India in the eighth century, and by the 11th century had firmly established itself in India as a political force; the North Indian dynasties of the Lodhis, Tughlaqs, and numerous others, whose remains are visible in Delhi and scattered elsewhere around North India, were finally succeeded by the Mughal empire, under which India once again achieved a large measure of political unity.

The European presence in India dates to the seventeenth century, and it is in the latter part of this century that the Mughal empire began to disintegrate, paving the way for regional states. In the contest for supremacy, the English emerged 'victors', their rule marked by the conquests at the battlefields of Plassey and Buxar.

The Rebellion of 1857-58, which sought to restore Indian supremacy, was crushed; and with the subsequent crowning of Victoria as Empress of India, the incorporation of India into the empire was complete. Successive campaigns had the effect of driving the British out of India in 1947.

Indian History in Short :

The History of India begins with the birth of the Indus Valley Civilization in such sites as Mohenjo-Daro, Harappa, and Lothal, and the coming of the Aryans. These two phases are usually described as the pre-Vedic and Vedic perio ds. It is in the Vedic period that Hinduism first arose: this is the time to which the Vedas are dated.

In the fifth century, large parts of India were united under Ashoka. He also converted to Buddhism, and it is in his reign that Buddhism spread to o ther parts of Asia. It is in the reign of the Mauryas that Hinduism took the shape that fundamentally informs the religion down to the present day.

Islam first came to India in the eighth century, and by the 11th century had firmly established itself in India as a political force; the North Indian dynasties of the Lodhis, Tughlaqs, and numerous others, whose remains are visible in Delhi and scattered elsewhere around North India, were finally succeeded by the Mughal empire, under which India once again achieved a large measure of political unity.

The European presence in India dates to the seventeenth century, and it is in the latter part of this century that the Mughal empire began to disintegrate, paving the way for regional states. In the contest for supremacy, the English emerged 'victors', their rule marked by the conquests at the battlefields of Plassey and Buxar.

The Rebellion of 1857-58, which sought to restore Indian supremacy, was crushed; and with the subsequent crowning of Victoria as Empress of India, the incorporation of India into the empire was complete. Successive campaigns had the effect of driving the British out of India in 1947.

Indian History, India History, History of India

The one with 9 0s have happiness ranked at 20.

The one with 6 0s are murdered in a democratic country where the happiness ranks 35. :taz:

dont shout about happiness.... u r slaves....remember matrix.....so u feel happy that u r fed like slave animals..???

do i need to tell u milions of slaves like u who have been displaced from their own houses.....and do u have any data on millions of child workers killed in ur factories.....no because ur govt doent publish them....if ppl cant see inside the black box chinese system doesnt mean it doesnt contain garbage....how many innocent ppl u have killed in Tibet and Xinxiang...and in millions and still murdering.... can u even tell me the population of Tibet...?? and mind u if u tell me do post some sensus result also from independent source...:P

Last edited:
Like what I said, chimps invented 0; india invented zero, nil, blank, nothing.

who ever invented it. but the concept of nullity was properly understood and its application in WHOLE NUMBER SYSTEM were carried out in India in MODERN numbers SYSTEM Which you are not able to understand after having 12 zeros economy followed by 4.

The use of a blank on a counting board to represent 0 dated back in India to 4th century BC.[15]

In China, counting rods were used for calculation since the 4th century BC.

CHINESE MATHEMATICS

Mathematics in China emerged independently by the 11th century BC.[1] The Chinese independently developed very large and negative numbers, decimals, a decimal system, a binary system, algebra, geometry, trigonometry.

Knowledge of Chinese mathematics before 254 BC is somewhat fragmentary, and even after this date the manuscript traditions are obscure. The dating of the use of certain mathematical methods in Chinese history is problematic and disputed.

Qin Jiushao (c. 1202–1261) was the first to introduce the zero symbol into Chinese mathematics.[14] Before this innovation, blank spaces were used instead of zeros in the system of counting rods.[15] Pascal's triangle was first illustrated in China by Yang Hui in his book Xiangjie Jiuzhang Suanfa (详解九章算法), although it was described earlier around 1100 by Jia Xian.[16] Although the Introduction to Computational Studies (算学启蒙) written by Zhu Shijie (fl. 13th century) in 1299 contained nothing new in Chinese algebra, it had a great impact on the development of Japanese mathematics.[17]

By the Tang Dynasty study of mathematics was fairly standard in the great schools.Wang Xiaotong was a great mathematician in the beginning of the Tang Dynasty, and he wrote a book: Jigu suanjing (Continuation of Ancient Mathematics).

The table of sines by the Indian mathematician, Aryabhata, were translated into the Chinese mathematical book of the Kaiyuan Zhanjing, compiled in 718 AD during the Tang Dynasty.[12] Although the Chinese excelled in other fields of mathematics such as solid geometry, binomial theorem, and complex algebraic formulas, early forms of trigonometry were not as widely appreciated as in the contemporary Indian Mathematics
.[13] I-Xing, the mathematician and Buddhist monk was credited for calculating the tangent table. Instead, the early Chinese used an empirical substitute known as chong cha, while practical use of plane trigonometry in using the sine, the tangent, and the secant were known.[12]

Chinese mathematics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_(number)

Last edited:
Samhitas and Brahmanas
The religious texts of the Vedic Period provide evidence for the use of large numbers. By the time of the Yajurvedasaṃhitā (1200-900 BCE), numbers as high as 10^12 were being included in the texts.

I have posted it earlier also. and this reviels that the concept of 0 and power was known in India before Aryabhatta and far far earlier than Chinese Mathematics foundation.
Indian mathematics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mathematics yes ofcourse has developed Independently and with collaborations. It won't be a nice idea to discuss about it any more.

Come back to the Topic Please!

but india cannot even do the copy work.
even a tiny island singapore can produce howitzers but india cannot.
when i saw the 'army dumps insas' thread my reaction was like gee, grey boy was actually right :rofl:

very good stuff too.:chilli:

Back
Top Bottom