What's new

India unveils 5-year military buildup plan against China

:tongue:
Don’t attempt incredibly to invent more zeros after the 6th. 6 zeros are already a world champion of evil, and are more than enough! Blank is far better.

i am pained to see the poor mental conditions of the 1.3 billion slaves living in my neighbourhood.....:cry:

what did u say 6 zeroes or 6 blanks.....
1.3 billion has 9 zeroes(blanks for u....)....:tongue:

:tongue:

i am pained to see the poor mental conditions of the 1.3 billion slaves living in my neighbourhood.....:cry:

what did u say 6 zeroes or 6 blanks.....
1.3 billion has 9 zeroes(blanks for u....)....:tongue:

1.3 billion slaves? Boy, is india growing that fast? keep crying, as I might

send 2 dollar donation to India Charity at X-mas.:wave:

1.3 billion slaves? Boy, is india growing that fast? keep crying, as I might

send 2 dollar donation to India Charity at X-mas.:wave:

i meant the Chinese.... now as u now know the correct address, please care to post ur donation to the needy ppl....:rofl::rofl:

OK fellas, or Indians specifically, seems like primary school hasn't taught you any maths correctly so I'm going to fill in for the 8X IQ people.

Take pi, and variables for example, they're there to FILL IN for a number. Pi=3.124... and variables, or unknowns, x, y etc. can STAND IN FOR ANY NUMBER.

Just because the Chinese didn't use 0 in PARTICULAR, doesn't mean we can't use another denotion for the meaning of NOTHING. 0 is nothing but a pre-designated numeral, not a meaning for NOTHING, because I can use MONKEY and I can still use that to DENOTE 0.

Happy 8X IQ fellas?

If you don't agree, then I'll use the following function (Simple parabolic curve) for example:

f(x)=x^2-2x+1

Here it comes-LET X BE 1, FIND f(1):

f(1)=0

Oh look, I just made X to be 1, and would it be OK if I adjusted my function slightly?

g(s)=s^2-2s+1, Oh look! Exactly the same? I can make s=1 to find my g(s) or y value now! See, it doesn't matter what variable I use, I can always make it stand in for the number I want.

QED-Quite Easily Done, or "the way to be shown" in Latin.

Thanks fellas!

'0' is the greatest discovery in the maths....
'0' is the step forward toward discovery of the number system....(base:10)

writing 'ten' as '10' (one+zero) was big achievement

Indian mathematician and astronomer Aryabhata stated that "Sthanam sthanam dasa gunam" or place to place in ten times in value, which may be the origin of the modern decimal-based place value notation
Indians developed a positional number system as early as the first century CE..Evidence suggests that a dot had been used in earlier Indian manuscripts to denote an empty place in positional notation..

The rules governing the use of zero first time given by Brahmagupta:
# The sum of zero and a negative number is negative.
# The sum of zero and a positive number is positive.
# The sum of zero and zero is zero.
# The sum of a positive and a negative is their difference; or, if their absolute values are equal, zero.
# A positive or negative number when divided by zero is a fraction with the zero as denominator.
# Zero divided by a negative or positive number is either zero or is expressed as a fraction with zero as numerator and the finite quantity as denominator.
# Zero divided by zero is zero.

The final rule was later edited as Zero divided by zero was not assigned any value

"""The importance of the creation of the zero mark can never be exaggerated. This giving to airy nothing, not merely a local habitation and a name, a picture, a symbol, but helpful power, is the characteristic of the Hindu race from whence it sprang.It is like coining the Nirvana into dynamos. No single mathematical creation has been more potent for the general on-go of intelligence and power.""" — G. B. Halsted

In your case, you're telling the Roman numeral system is completely wrong

I never said that roman number are wrong , but is incomplete & unproductive...

eg:-
in indian system its easy due to zero & number system :
72+35=107
you can find just by the information of 0-9
LXXII+XXXV=CVII
& in roman you should know C=century

& indian number are comparable:
eg:
9-IX
99-XCIX
999-CMXCIX
9999-MMMMMMMMMCMXCIX
99999-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCMXCIX

999999-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCMXCIX

& so on.....
& think what will be further number

Alright that's it, since people here can't read properly, I'm going to repeat myself here:

"OK fellas, or Indians specifically, seems like primary school hasn't taught you any maths correctly so I'm going to fill in for the 8X IQ people.

Take pi, and variables for example, they're there to FILL IN for a number. Pi=3.124... and variables, or unknowns, x, y etc. can STAND IN FOR ANY NUMBER.

Just because the Chinese didn't use 0 in PARTICULAR, doesn't mean we can't use another denotion for the meaning of NOTHING. 0 is nothing but a pre-designated numeral, not a meaning for NOTHING, because I can use MONKEY and I can still use that to DENOTE 0.

Happy 8X IQ fellas?

If you don't agree, then I'll use the following function (Simple parabolic curve) for example:

f(x)=x^2-2x+1

Here it comes-LET X BE 1, FIND f(1):

f(1)=0

Oh look, I just made X to be 1, and would it be OK if I adjusted my function slightly?

g(s)=s^2-2s+1, Oh look! Exactly the same? I can make s=1 to find my g(s) or y value now! See, it doesn't matter what variable I use, I can always make it stand in for the number I want.

QED-Quite Easily Done, or "the way to be shown" in Latin.

Thanks fellas!"
hello thick headed chinese,what u r saying is that chinese had a different method of denoting nos,agreed.But just denoting nos is like having bits 0 & 1.These bits r useless unless u have a processor to process them.r u suggesting that the Roman no system can be used to fed data into processor.No u cant,similiarly just denoting ur sheeps by some chinese symbol is an achievement every tribe in Africa can boast of. But to process the nos u need a number system ,Indian mathematician Aryabhatta devised that system,so that the nos could be added/multipled etc.This is called ingenuity,which u stultified chinese brains are not capable of.What is more peplexing is what perverse pleasure our chinese members have in grabbing every opportunity to denigrate Indians and spreading venom against Indians in every forum.

Alright look dickhead. A variable can denote a particular number, such as pi. We had our own denotion for "0," ling. This you already mentioned. So for the record, we used a base 10 system, so we had a complete numbering scheme.

10 base system is originated from China and spread to India!

1 = 一
10 = 十
1,000 = 千
10,000 = 万
100,0000 = 百千
1,000,000 = 百 万
100,000,000 = 亿

Negative is a Chinese invention. Debt is a Chinese term.

Thanks for the heads up bro, but I was only saying the idea of "nothing" didn't necessarily have its origins set in India. The number 0, from which the numbering system was developed and used today may have footsteps in India, but by all means, nothing did not 100% come from India!

India did invent zero and we respect that! China and India developed seperately on mathematic and both ideas are used by the West to form modern mathermatic.

I read a documentry before showing both India and China had got Pi earlier than the west.

NO, you can't prove India came up with the concept of nothing. History shows that Greek philosophers thousands of years ago drew circles on rocks, puzzled how to describe "nothing" based on their number system.

I saw a documentary showing Indian pickup a rock from the ground. After picking up on the ground, it left a imprint of 0. There is no rock on the ground but left a imprint of 0.

I do not know if this is true!

NO, you can't prove India came up with the concept of nothing. History shows that Greek philosophers thousands of years ago drew circles on rocks, puzzled how to describe "nothing" based on their number system.

Indian mathematics is the mathematics that emerged in South Asia, also known as the Indian subcontinent,[1] from ancient times until the end of the 18th century. In the classical period of Indian mathematics (400 AD to 1200 AD), important contributions were made by scholars like Aryabhata, Brahmagupta, and Bhaskara II. The decimal number system in use today[2] was first recorded in Indian mathematics.[3] Indian mathematicians made early contributions to the study of the concept of zero as a number,[4] negative numbers,[5] arithmetic, and algebra.[6] In addition, trigonometry, having evolved in the Hellenistic world and having been introduced into ancient India through the translation of Greek works,[7] was further advanced in India, and, in particular, the modern definitions of sine and cosine were developed there.[8] These mathematical concepts were transmitted to the Middle East, China, and Europe[6] and led to further developments that now form the foundations of many areas of mathematics.

Indian mathematics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

myth myth myth
Irrespective of where zero/no system was invented India or China,the fact is , the Caucacians made the mose use of it.Also its unclear to me how every shortcoming of India is gonna make ur country great.Instead of trolling in the Indian threads ,do some constructive work for ur mafia head or he will shoot u u good for nothing moth ridden creature of a moth ridden country .

Back
Top Bottom