What's new

India turns down Edward Snowden's asylum request

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would obviously want Tibet to separate and become a staunch ally of India. This would leave China proper and China's heartland vulnerable to Indian plans to extend its sphere of influence. Tibet and Xinjiang serve as buff zones for China, that's why alot of our military is located on the Eastern Coast and Tibe/Xinjiang are barely militarized.

"China proper" is a WESTERN term, intended to split the Han regions from the rest of China.

Also, China's heartlands are not vulnerable to Indian influence. That doesn't even make sense, considering the strength balance between China and India which is overwhelmingly on our side.

Chinese-Dragon, sorry I take back the term China proper. Living outside of China for quite a long time, you can see in my profile. And are you sure the strength balance is on our side? You may be underestimating Indian military capabilities

Chinese-Dragon, sorry I take back the term China proper. Living outside of China for quite a long time, you can see in my profile. And are you sure the strength balance is on our side? You may be underestimating Indian military capabilities

I don't know how long you've been outside of China, but I'll tell you this.

NO ONE in China is threatened by India. The only countries capable of posing a true military threat to us are the USA and Russia.

Did you see the news about the so-called Chinese incursion in Ladakh recently?

Basically, India accused us of putting Chinese soldiers 20 km into Indian territory for several weeks, and their whole nation went into a panic. In the end, it was INDIA who backed down, by destroying all the bunkers there, halting all infrastructure work in the region, and stopping all troop patrols at Chumar.

Now tell me, how can we be afraid of this? The power balance is so far on our side, that the Indian Army itself said that India is no match for China and has no chance of catching up. Just check the numbers and equipment and infrastructure on each side.

I don't know how long you've been outside of China, but I'll tell you this.

NO ONE in China is threatened by India. The only countries capable of posing a true military threat to us are the USA and Russia.

Did you see the news about the so-called Chinese incursion in Ladakh recently?

Basically, India accused us of putting Chinese soldiers 20 km into Indian territory for several weeks, and their whole nation went into a panic. In the end, it was INDIA who backed down, by destroying all the bunkers there, halting all infrastructure work in the region, and stopping all troop patrols at Chumar.

Now tell me, how can we be afraid of this? The power balance is so far on our side, that the Indian Army itself said that India is no match for China and has no chance of catching up. Just check the numbers and equipment and infrastructure on each side.

Bottom line - China tested India's willingness to got to war.

And in the end, after eyeball to eyeball, seeing no backdown, China withdrew. In spite of her force superiority, which we concede on paper, but does not mean anything in the strategic context seeing as we have a regional strategic gridlock.

The part about the US and Russia is simply bravado. No more is the Kremlin or DC going to march on Beijing, as Beijing is going to march on New Delhi. Give it a rest please. :)

Bunkers can be re-built. Roadwork will start again. As will patrolling. On our land.

China was allowed a face saving exit. Your power parity and our unwillingness to aggravate the region ensured as much.

Anything more simply makes you come across as a fanboy, which looking at your volume of posts, I am sure you are not.

What about being true to humanity, hell that's too ambiguous....being true to the founding principles of his nation? the amendments? a people whose government lying to them. Hell, I agree Pakistan has always had governments that suck on its people's blood but saying the same about US is new and odd. Your logic of faithfulness has little to no value.

Benjamin Franklin said, "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

Ponder on it.

Some Indians are just primitive enough to think as tribal men, or even gorrilas who also has the definition of boundary.

Snowden is a hero of the whole mankind.

Bunkers can be re-built. Roadwork will start again. As will patrolling. On our land.

Read your own quote. You made a lot of concessions, we made no concessions.

Even though you claimed that our soldiers were 20 km into Indian territory for several weeks.

The truth is that there is no threat perception from India, the power balance is so enormously on our side, even without us holding the high ground on the Tibetan plateau.

Don't take my word for it, your own Indian Army said the same:

India can't match China's military force - Indian Navy Chief - YouTube

You made a lot of concessions, we made no concessions.

Even though you claimed that our soldiers were 20 km into Indian territory for several weeks.

The truth is that there is no threat perception from India, the power balance is so enormously on our side, even without us holding the high ground on the Tibetan plateau.

Don't take my word for it, your own Indian Army said the same:

India can't match China's military force - Indian Navy Chief - YouTube

What are being spun as concessions on your side are being seeing as allowing a stronger foe the dignity of a face saving exit rather than a full on fight by ours.

Your conventional or nuclear superiority in terms of the balance you speak about means nothing except in a game of who has the bigger one.

When both know that regardless of size, neither is willing to use it and lose it.

As we both also know that your formation was a political and not a combat one. Hemmed in from all sides and running low on supplies, with nothing going to be allowed in as re-stock.

Admit it. You were allowed to save face. Your side played a hand, and we called your bluff. 20 kms or 50, that is as far and as many we were going to let you.

I would suggest him Somalia. He can go their and apply for asylum. One country where USA has least influence. In fact no one has influence except those with a gun.

Or he could go to Mongolia. It would be hard to trace him in Mongolia.

What are being spun as concessions on your side are being seeing as allowing a stronger foe the dignity of a face saving exit rather than a full on fight by ours.

Your conventional or nuclear superiority in terms of the balance you speak about means nothing except in a game of who has the bigger one.

When both know that regardless of size, neither is willing to use it and lose it.

As we both also know that your formation was a political and not a combat one. Hemmed in from all sides and running low on supplies, with nothing going to be allowed in as re-stock.

Admit it. You were allowed to save face. Your side played a hand, and we called your bluff. 20 kms or 50, that is as far and as many we were going to let you.

LOL at your conspiracy theories. :lol:

The bottom line is that after your whole nation was sent into a panic by a few Chinese soldiers 20 km into Indian territory, it was INDIA who made ALL the concessions, destroying bunkers, halting infrastructure, cancelling troop patrols. We made NO concessions at all.

And read what your own Indian Army said:

'India can't match China's military force': Indian Naval Chief - IBN Live

New Delhi: Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sureesh Mehta has set off a storm by saying India cannot match China military force. Is it a warning from India's military that the government needs to hear?

"In military terms, both conventional and non-conventional, we neither have the capability nor the intention to match China force for force," said Admiral Sureesh Mehta.

For a nuclear-armed military representing the interests of a billion-plus people, the lack of confidence is quite striking. India's military leadership has made a stunning confession that New Delhi doesn't have the stomach for a fight, if push came to shove on the disputed Sino-Indian boundary.

"Whether in terms of GDP, defence spend or any other parameter, the gap between the two is too wide to bridge and is getting wider by the day," he said.

Read every line carefully. This is from the Indian Army itself, not from internet fanboys.

And this is off-topic, there are plenty of threads on this issue.

Because India is scared, coward largest democrazy.

LOL waiting to take a swipe on India when ever possible no ? pity you buddy and the people who thanked your post.

We made NO concessions at all.

You withdrew back to your side of the line.

Maintaining your dignity as the up and coming super power.

Allowed to you by a neighbor who does not get frisky, but is ready to face up to your friskiness should the need arise.

Life goes back to normal.

WTF! People are so ignorant here. Those Chumar posts were made as a retaliation of the intrusion by the chinese forces. So when chinese back down then there was no need for these posts.
PS: those bunkers were made during stand-off itself.

You withdrew back to your side of the line.

Maintaining your dignity as the up and coming super power.

Allowed to you by a neighbor who does not get frisky, but is ready to face up to your friskiness should the need arise.

Life goes back to normal.

You can believe your own conspiracy theories if it gives you comfort. :no:

While I'll stick to the actual facts, and the actual statements from your own Army officials.

Indian troops suspend patrols at Chumar - Times Of India

NEW DELHI: Apart from dismantling a SET of strategically-located bunkers at Chumar as part of an arrangement to end the standoff at Depsang Bulge in eastern Ladakh, the Indian troops seem to have suspended patrols to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Chumar, at least for now. Senior officials briefed by personnel on the ground said the Army has discontinued the round-the-clock patrolling it was undertaking in the area for the last few months.

Read it carefully.

India crumbles once again to its master's pressure. India has no independent foreign policy whatsoever. This is why countries don't respect India. No country respects a country that kowtows to foreign pressure. You earn respect in this world, not demand it. It's ok to reject asylum but the way India said 'no' looks like India crumbled under American pressure. Other countries said you have to be on their soil to grant asylum.

This is why India and Indians are looked down upon and treated like dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom