What's new

India to test subsonic cruise missile in February

I would not underestimate the carrying capacity of the wing stations.

Innermost pylon: can carry KAB-1500KR precision TV-guided bomb, which weighs in at 1525kg
KAB-1500KR

Next pylon: can carry 6 OFAB-250-270 bombs, which weigh 6x268=1608kg or - if fitted with parachute retarding system 6x300=1800kg.
http://www.dunarit.com/en/aviationbombs/aviation-bombs-ofab-250-270-high-explosive.html
OFAB Bombs (Bulgaria) - Jane's Air-Launched Weapons

Su-30MKI.jpg

Su-30MK2_sheme_b_eng.gif

Next, compare to Su-35, whose number 3 and 4 pylons carry 4x FAB-500M54, approx 2000kg on that station
Su-35_weapons.jpg

CM-400 carries 400 kg warhead and comes with satellite navigation built in and other sensors/guidence systems.
The claimed impact velocity at maximum range is mach 5.5,so the kinetic energy plus warhead has equivalent destructive force than Brahmos.
Only at much lower cost and a bit reduced range. But a small plane JF-17 Can carry two of these , leaving Brahmos even further behind.

The usual nonesense !!! :disagree:

Your desperate troll attempts were debunkt before, the missile has roughly half the range and is supersonic ONLY in the terminal stage, it is not even meant to be used against carriers as senior Pakistani and Chinese members showed with Chinese sources and JF 17 carrying 2 of them with a single fuel tank would not even come close to a carrier, since it's range will be limited, it will be detected and intecepted far before the missiles could even be launched. Even if they would be launched, beeing subsonic for most of the flight path, UNLIKE Brahmos, makes them easier to counter too.

Isn't it getting boring to try the same lame points on and on again?

I would not underestimate the carrying capacity of the wing stations...

But as your calculations shows, 2000 Kg is the max and that for the Su 35, but Brahmos weighs 2500Kg and is much longer too, which should have more effect to the hardpoint during flight than the bomb loads.

Hence, a loadout consisting of 3 Brahmos + 2 R-77 +2 R-72 should be feasible.
99497.JPEG

That's a very early model and is more showing the final aim, than what is possible with the first airlaunched version. Itkut officials confirmed during the Defexpo 2010, that MKI will only able to carry a single Brahmos, but also that a lighter version is already under development, to increase the load to 3. That version is also meant for Pak Fa / FGFA, Mig 29K and possibly Rafale.

There is another saying - Money makes the world tick.

If you had some - Pakistan would be making/buying something like the brahmos as well.

Typical indian with inferiority complex added ;)

We are currently increasing our range for Babur systematically to well above a thousand km's and then further beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical indian with inferiority complex added ;)

We are currently increasing our range for Babur systematically to well above a thousand km's and then further beyond.

Whats this "we" business? Even the engine of Babur comes from China.

Its been 8 years since Babur was first tested and it has remained the same all these years,
I don't find any reason why it would be increased now.

Suck on this bitches. Have a nice day. :)

We have sucked on and already had a nice day when we tested our slbm.

We have sucked on and already had a nice day when we tested our slbm. Use Nice language please.

We have sucked on and already had a nice day when we tested our slbm. Use Nice language please.

^^^^^
You are enjoying it so much - you quoted my three times ;)

Whats this "we" business? Even the engine of Babur comes from China.

Its been 8 years since Babur was first tested and it has remained the same all these years,
I don't find any reason why it would be increased now.

Engine for nirbhay comes from Russia
So does the guide fe system

Fair enough, but it's still not like Brahmos and that's the point Contrarian made. Pakistan clearly has the lead in Cruise missile developments or integration into your air force, India and IAF is catching up with air launched Brahmos, Nirbhay and most likely Scalp, but still...
..."some" people simply can't take it that Brahmos has these special capabilities and HAVE TO troll in any missile thread and that sadly shows the real inferiority complex of "these" people.

Fair enough, but it's still not like Brahmos and that's the point Contrarian made. Pakistan clearly has the lead in Cruise missile developments or integration into your air force, India and IAF is catching up with air launched Brahmos, Nirbhay and most likely Scalp, but still...
..."some" people simply can't take it that Brahmos has these special capabilities and HAVE TO troll in any missile thread and that sadly shows the real inferiority complex of "these" people.

Well brahmos will be checkmated with a powerful new Chinese option - that is faster and has longer range. brahmos is really an Ash-missile. Lets leave it at that sonny.

But as your calculations shows, 2000 Kg is the max and that for the Su 35, but Brahmos weighs 2500Kg and is much longer too, which should have more effect to the hardpoint during flight than the bomb loads.
Well, no. What I've shown is that carrying capacity is more likely closer to 2 tons than 'just barely 1 ton' as someone mentioned earlier on. It is not at all shown that 2 tons is the max, and it is not shown that there is a reason to assume the wing and pylon structure of the Su-35 are somehow substantially stronger than those of the Su-30MKI.

That's a very early model and is more showing the final aim, than what is possible with the first airlaunched version. Itkut officials confirmed during the Defexpo 2010, that MKI will only able to carry a single Brahmos, but also that a lighter version is already under development, to increase the load to 3. That version is also meant for Pak Fa / FGFA, Mig 29K and possibly Rafale.

The airlaunched version by definition is some 500kg lighter and shorter, since it won't be needing the launch-booster that the surface launch version uses....

The age of the model is besides the point. As indicated earlier, someone stated the impossibility of Su-30mki carrying 3 Brahmos. I don't think that is an impossibility and I've indicated why. Does it make operational sense to do so, well that's a different question. Will IAF carry decide to carry singles, pairs or triples? That is yet another question. The latter 2 questions I've not addressed.

Engine for nirbhay comes from Russia
So does the guide fe system

Your joking, right? What a pathetic joke.

Some dumb defence journo claims it and you guys start believeing it. Nirbhay has Indian engine, so does
all of our ballistic missiles. Your BM's engines come from China too, so does Ra'ad's engine.

Russia has nothing to do with Nirbhay.

Back
Top Bottom