What's new

India to test subsonic cruise missile in February

335402_YJ-12.jpg

Range , 400km.
Speed , Mach 4.
Weight 1 ton, with a 400 kg high explosive shaped warhead.

brahmos check and mate my son.
:victory:

@Rafi Chinese missile?

A Chinese Missile that is being pushed by our Chinese brothers as a game changer vis-a-vis the region. It will also be available for air - ground - sub - versions.

Ever heard of MTCR ?

Yes I have - what the most likely time table of events, export of 300km range version, and then miraculously - within a year - we will have increased range to 400km + hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what they report for "Public consumption".
But looking at the desperation of small Russian Firms for grabbing Indian money and India's capability of Diplomacy......Its likely that TOT did happen.

Well, unless you have an evidence to substantiate your claim, It would only be your assumption. I too have read somewhere that the new drone engine being developed for AURA is with the help of NPO-Saturn, but there is not official word from either countries, if I may have not missed it.

335402_YJ-12.jpg

Range , 400km.
Speed , Mach 4.

There is a strict difference between Anti Ship missile and Anti Ship supersonic Cruise missile. Never Knew YJ-12 had an overall velocity of +4 mach. Well possible Mack 4 in its terminal stages, the contemporary missiles reach more than that in its terminal stages.

335402_YJ-12.jpg

Range , 400km.
Speed , Mach 4.

Land attack version of this missile - under development.

Arihant will fire Nirbhay...There wont be any Bramos on Arihant..
Why should Arihant fire Brahmos of 300 Km range??

AN SLBN like Arihant need to keep as much distance as possible from enemy shores. To fire Brahmos it need to come close upto 1--150 Km of enemy shores which is foolish.

Why should Arihant fire Brahmos of 300 Km range??

AN SLBN like Arihant need to keep as much distance as possible from enemy shores. To fire Brahmos it need to come close upto 1--150 Km of enemy shores which is foolish.

in anti ship role?

335402_YJ-12.jpg

Range , 400km.
Speed , Mach 4.
Supersonic flight - from launch to strike

This missile will allow us to strike at increased standoff range.

This missile will allow us to strike at increased standoff range.

There is no evidence that Pakistan ever asked for this missile..or china ever offered???
I dont think Pakistan will go for this complicated Ram Jet missile....
Complications is what India is in love with..
Pakistan likes Practicality,cost effectiveness and simplicity of maintenance and procurement...and Room for improvement within available resources...

in anti ship role?

Thats not the primary role for Arihant class subs which is designed to complete the nuclear triad of indian nuke deterrance program.

In any case arihant will use torpedos to sink the ships rather than coming close/over the sea surface to shout its presence to enemy's ASW assets.

Thats not the primary role for Arihant class subs which is designed to complete the nuclear triad of indian nuke deterrance program.

In any case arihant will use torpedos to sink the ships rather than coming close/over the sea surface to shout its presence to enemy's ASW assets.

ok that makes sense...

So Brahmos may not find a submarine role anytime soon?

There is no evidence that Pakistan ever asked for this missile..or china ever offered???
I dont think Pakistan will go for this complicated Ram Jet missile....
Complications is what India is in love with..
Pakistan likes Practicality,cost effectiveness and simplicity of maintenance and procurement...and Room for improvement within available resources...

It's an option brother, and our Allies are willing to help. That's what counts.

Back
Top Bottom