What's new

India to start Jewish heritage tours for Indian-origin Jews

In Urdu we have a saying: Hamne Adab Kahan Say Seekha? Answer: Bay Adbon Say :D :D :D

It should be about learning , we Indians are debating about everything and showing that we are processing and progressing on all the fronts.

A panoramic view from the Minarets of Red Fort, while the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressing the Nation from ramparts of the fort, on the occasion of 69th Independence Day, in Delhi on August 15, 2015.
s2015081568554.jpg

Last edited:
not actually my friend, when out ancestors conquered/migrated to india. they mixed with Native Indian Population not Pakistani. :D
india is a real desh, Pakistan is just a frontier ;) :D

You are almost there but missing the last aspect. From that 'native Indian population's' point of view what you call Indians today and Pakistanis today are really no different, just two names.
The only thing that really matters is the present state and the present state is there is India and there is Pakistan. Everything else is history and learnings and entertainment and passtime.

For example when say Akbar was emperor, do you think it was a muslim empire which had a large Hindu population or was it a Hindu country ruled by a muslim emperor? Fact is, for people living at that time, which way it was characterized did not matter. Whereas now it matters to us because we, some of us, have tied some pride to being a Hindu nation so we want to call it a Hindu nation that was ruled by a muslim king.

While at it, can you equivocate conquered & migrated as in your post? are they the same?

You are almost there but missing the last aspect. From that 'native Indian population's' point of view what you call Indians today and Pakistanis today are really no different, just two names.
The only thing that really matters is the present state and the present state is there is India and there is Pakistan. Everything else is history and learnings and entertainment and passtime.

For example when say Akbar was emperor, do you think it was a muslim empire which had a large Hindu population or was it a Hindu country ruled by a muslim emperor? Fact is, for people living at that time, which way it was characterized did not matter. Whereas now it matters to us because we, some of us, have tied some pride to being a Hindu nation so we want to call it a Hindu nation that was ruled by a muslim king.

While at it, can you equivocate conquered & migrated as in your post? are they the same?
sir I believe, if a person who's living in india thinks that he's patriotic Indian than he's indian.
if Akbar used to say/think/believe that he's Hindustani that he's an Indian. if a mixed child thinks that he's desi than he's indian too sorry for wired reply I am on my phone :(

I think Zakir Naik has helped Indians as more and more Indians are studying sanskrit and are trying to know about ours ancestors.

This is true though - when zakir naik type of people start misquoting and misinterpreting Vedic concepts by either wantonly or otherwise bending the truth, it pushes people to go do their own research, as it happened in my own case. I don't remember which particular case, but I remember once sitting in a coffee shop for some 4 hours (while my car was being repaired in a garage nearby) doing nothing else but researching Gita - retracing back from zakir naik's allegation to the english version he had used (A), to the larger english version (B) from which A had been abridged, to the Sanskrit-English version (C) that had been used as primary reference by B's authour - then getting into the actual Sanskrit verses and checking upon how conjugation and continuation rules had been mis-applied by the author of B.

So how can I blame zakir naik? he is using a book. How will he who has been brought up on the system of highly structured verses and contextual interpretations be expected to explore outside of that system of knowledge inquiry?

Only somebody who can not only read Sanskrit but also be able to spot mistakes in application, can be expected to understand and explain. Because typically Vedas requiire a few things in addition to mere language and context, It requires a philosophic framing of the context itself - for example if language tells you 'what' and context tells you 'where', let's call the philosophic framing 'the why'. But the why is not only of the what but also the where! Now when you come to puranas (and this is the reason the sages bothered to write so many puranas), the when starts changing the why itself! so now you are dealing with a minimum of 4 dimensions - something like the laws of physics themselves becoming subjective. And then there are a few other things that I guess we can only guess as existing but cannot even begin to unravel in mortal time .

So as far as I am concerned, zakir naik has been an important trigger to my spiritual quest and journey. He of course did not intend it but then we decide whether we want to be the swan that extract the milk - exercise that art of discrimination to take the good and leave the bad. There is a critical reason why Sri Adi Shankara named his work 'Viveka Chudamani' - whcih literally means the the 'gem of discrimination'

sir I believe, if a person who's living in india thinks that he's patriotic Indian than he's indian.
if Akbar used to say/think/believe that he's Hindustani that he's an Indian. if a mixed child thinks that he's desi than he's indian too sorry for wired reply I am on my phone :(

I agree with this statement ofcourse. But by the very same token, don't you think Pakistanis are entitled to the same feeling as well about the land they are in? That is the only thing I am trying to push through with you.

This is true though - when zakir naik type of people start misquoting and misinterpreting Vedic concepts by either wantonly or otherwise bending the truth, it pushes people to go do their own research, as it happened in my own case. I don't remember which particular case, but I remember once sitting in a coffee shop for some 4 hours (while my car was being repaired in a garage nearby) doing nothing else but researching Gita - retracing back from zakir naik's allegation to the english version he had used (A), to the larger english version (B) from which A had been abridged, to the Sanskrit-English version (C) that had been used as primary reference by B's authour - then getting into the actual Sanskrit verses and checking upon how conjugation and continuation rules had been mis-applied by the author of B.

So how can I blame zakir naik? he is using a book. How will he who has been brought up on the system of highly structured verses and contextual interpretations be expected to explore outside of that system of knowledge inquiry?

Only somebody who can not only read Sanskrit but also be able to spot mistakes in application, can be expected to understand and explain. Because typically Vedas requiire a few things in addition to mere language and context, It requires a philosophic framing of the context itself - for example if language tells you 'what' and context tells you 'where', let's call the philosophic framing 'the why'. But the why is not only of the what but also the where! Now when you come to puranas (and this is the reason the sages bothered to write so many puranas), the when starts changing the why itself! so now you are dealing with a minimum of 4 dimensions - something like the laws of physics themselves becoming subjective. And then there are a few other things that I guess we can only guess as existing but cannot even begin to unravel in mortal time .

BTW this is one of the reasons I think that Vedic studies start with a 'Guru' and NOT from a text. That Hindu/Vedic rites are done 'through' a priest ('aacaarya mukhena' rather than the 'yajman' directly uttering the mantraas.

So as far as I am concerned, zakir naik has been an important trigger to my spiritual quest and journey. He of course did not intend it but then we decide whether we want to be the swan that extract the milk - exercise that art of discrimination to take the good and leave the bad. There is a critical reason why Sri Adi Shankara named his work 'Viveka Chudamani' - whcih literally means the the 'gem of discrimination'

I agree with this statement ofcourse. But by the very same token, don't you think Pakistanis are entitled to the same feeling as well about the land they are in? That is the only thing I am trying to push through with you.

But we cant deny that this has started curiousity not only among Indians of different faiths but even among people of other nations. Spiritual religious leaders were asked questions regarding each skolas and verses and this has started like a research of not only the locations where the events took place but even about our ancestors, origins of the universe, supreme creator, heavens, space and over all about the Suvarna Yug of the Children of Bharata.

mai samaz gya aap kya kahna change hain. :)

Bro I respect ur views about him but that doesn't mean I should also have the same views right? I have seen many videos of him spewing venom against other religions, heck even a large number muslims hate him because of that.
It would be unfair to continue on this topic. The context he was given ratings was never to disrespect Zakir naik. Even i have no liking's for the man.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom