What's new

India To Spend US $74.5 Billion On Weapons During 2012-13

Threat perception buddy....it rules....:enjoy:
Threat from Martians? :pop:

Don't run... don't run.... we are your friends!
(The martian, while shooting at the humans - Movie: Mars Attack.)

I am sure China won't take this new lightly.

Look for China to increase the number of troops and forces deployed on the Indian Border.

Very bad news for 600 million ultra poor Indian farmer. They are facing famine this year whereas GOI is spending 74 billion on weapons. Very sad and insane.

None of your concern dude. Afterall its not us polevaulting to BD.

Very bad news for 600 million ultra poor Indian farmer. They are facing famine this year whereas GOI is spending 74 billion on weapons. Very sad and insane.

To protect India from your master. Where you got the figure 600 million, pole vaulters commenting on our poverty, too embarrassing.

This is for the protection of 1.21 billion people from defence budget...and for 600 million farmers, we have separate ministry to look into it...and I guess, this is a defence forum and we are supposed to talk about defence and not about poor farmers.....

People like u r really ensure that Indians should always stick to their perception as far as Bangladesh is concerned….! ! Get some life and thank us for your freedom!

False news - no way is India gonna spend this much amount in 1 year.
It's probably the net worth of all the deals we'll be signing in this year - which means we'll be paying this amount over a period of 5-10 years.

It is quite possible what is meant is that this is the total worth of the deals to be signed this FY in their entirety ie $11BN for MMRCA but as the payment of such large-ticket deals is paid out over the delivery period as per international norms then this is not paid upfront and this could be paid over 3-4 years. I guess if you look at the list I have posted on Pg1 of defence deals to be signed this FY the value of these deals is close to the said $74BN.

image.png

Maybe super rich Bangladesh can give them some aid?

It is quite possible what is meant is that this is the total worth of the deals to be signed this FY in their entirety ie $11BN for MMRCA but as the payment of such large-ticket deals is paid out over the delivery period as per international norms then this is not paid upfront and this could be paid over 3-4 years. I guess if you look at the list I have posted on Pg1 of defence deals to be signed this FY the value of these deals is close to the said $74BN.

+1 mate, obviously if it were otherwise I believe all the world would have been going mad, especially Pakistan would be crying like a baby!

Just spending under 3% we get to hear of massive arms purchase... $75 billion, more than 100% increase will screw their happiness.. :)

not just defence, it is time to spend on health and education also. Because what ever we spend today will take time to give results.

+1 mate, obviously if it were otherwise I believe all the world would have been going mad, especially Pakistan would be crying like a baby!

Just spending under 3% we get to hear of massive arms purchase... $75 billion, more than 100% increase will screw their happiness.. :)

True but the way it is playing out ie payments spread out over a period of time is interesting. In effect India is getting $75 BN worth of defence products this year in the sense the deals will be signed this FY- this is somthing to ponder for sure. Of course deliveries will be over a period of years but they will be quick due to the compaines the deals are with ie Europeans and US. In a sense the ~$40 BN budget masks the true amount spent on defence in FY 2012-13!

Back
Top Bottom