What's new

India to provide helicopters to Afghanistan soon

The only thing I saw on the previous pages is @gslv mk3 busting your cr@p and instead of countering it with facts , your usual blabbering and whining with no facts .

Dude ..... he got owned and does not have anything to counter your facts .

Leave the troll otherwise he will continue to cry in this thread .

Yeah kid.. "he got owned" ... carry on the bakwas... owned? lmao... yeah right,

Yeah kid.. "he got owned" ... carry on the bakwas... owned? lmao... yeah right,

You didn't?Check out post #108...

And please,I am not interested in anymore 'discussion' with you,a guy who make ridiculous claims (as described in post #109).So go learn some thing before indulging in 'discussions'.

You didn't?Check out post #108...

And please,I am not interested in anymore 'discussion' with you,a guy who make ridiculous claims (as described in post #109).So go learn some thing before indulging in 'discussions'.

LOL... yeah posting the same shit over and over again doesnt make it true.. nor does running away and popppppping after days to reply with BS makes you look like the ultimate defence guy..

LOL... yeah posting the same shit over and over again doesnt make it true.. nor does running away and popppppping after days to reply with BS makes you look like the ultimate defence guy..

Its evident that who runs away when facing facts-your replies in this thread after post #108 is an example,so is your replies in that old tejas thread in which you claimed 'LCA is a french design' & ran away when I posted development history of LCA..

For the 'days after reply' remark,I have better things to do than arguing with people who doesn't even know a thing about Technology & Engineering.

You doesn't even know anything about things you criticize,I have quoted the BS you posted in various threads in #109.Show me what BS I have posted in this one.

You'll keep posting that pic ( one that shows Rudra as Dhruv & says the Engine is french !!!:woot:) in every thread because you do not have the brain to comprehend it...So leave it..LOL..

Its evident that who runs away when facing facts-your replies in this thread after post #108 is an example,so is your replies in that old tejas thread in which you claimed 'LCA is a french design' & ran away when I posted development history of LCA..

For the 'days after reply' remark,I have better things to do than arguing with people who doesn't even know a thing about Technology & Engineering.

You doesn't even know anything about things you criticize,I have quoted the BS you posted in various threads in #109.Show me what BS I have posted in this one.

You'll keep posting that pic ( one that shows Rudra as Dhruv & says the Engine is french !!!:woot:) in every thread because you do not have the brain to comprehend it...So leave it..LOL..

Get a life retard... you have been bashed several times by several people... any sane person who read this thread knows what a dimwit you are.

Get a life retard... you have been bashed several times by several people... any sane person who read this thread knows what a dimwit you are.

Yeah right troll....Now that stupid 'World defense blog' would know far more than the HAL itself about ALH,right??

I hope every 'sane person could read post #109..

@gslv mk3

Awesome bro .... you nailed all these cr@p trolls with proper facts... Just continue posting so that these good for nothing troll will stop forever.

Till now I didn't see any one who can counter your facts.

Thanks mate...:) Its my duty as an Indian to counter these ridiculous arguments....

Yeah right troll....Now that stupid 'World defense blog' would know far more than the HAL itself about ALH,right??

I hope every 'sane person could read post #109..

Thanks mate...:) Its my duty as an Indian to counter these ridiculous arguments....

yeah right..

Not sure why some ignorant people obsess so much with things they have no idea of and nothing to do with.

ahh!! pdf should have age confirmation!...i see a baby crying and ruining the whole indian thread......

some babies are like......u dont do this that etc etc.....when a member bursts their bubble they start to abuse claiming their brainfart to b a source of shitty information!!........:disagree:

On board special aircraft: India will provide helicopters to war-torn Afghanistan "very soon", External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said today, months after President Hamid Karzai sought lethal weapons from the country.

"We are giving them helicopters and we will be supplying them very soon," Mr Khurshid told reporters who accompanied him on a day-long visit to Kandahar, where he inaugurated an agricultural university built with Indian aid.

"We have also been giving them some logistical support and we hopefully will be able to upgrade and refurbish their transport aircraft," he said.

Mr Khurshid did not specify the number or type of helicopters to be provided to Afghanistan.

Mr Karzai had sought military aid and equipment from India during a visit to New Delhi in December.

"Afghanistan is very special and uptil now wherever they felt they need (something), we have been giving them," Mr Khurshid said.

"I think it is consistent with our approach - building capacity, providing training. That seems to be going well. Ultimately it is what we mutually agree and is within our capacity to supply."

India is "not reluctant" about assisting Afghanistan as it has a very clear policy the world over to build capacity, Mr Khurshid said.

"We are not in the game of giving people large scale equipment which is lethal and so on," he said.

Earlier in Kandahar, Mr Karzai told journalists from India he was not dissatisfied with India's response to his request to supply military equipment to strengthen Afghan security forces.

"I am not disappointed. I am rather happy and grateful to India for its assistance," he said. "India's response has been good."

Mr Khurshid, speaking after he jointly inaugurated the Afghan National Agricultural Sciences and Technology University (ANASTU) in Kandahar with Karzai, said India will continue to assist the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF).

The ANSF will play an important role in "this year of political and security transition" and the world community must fulfill its pledges to rebuild the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police, he said.

Afghanistan is set to hold presidential polls on April 5 ahead of the US troop drawdown later this year.

India to provide helicopters to Afghanistan soon: Salman Khurshid | NDTV.com
thanks bro, you saved our cost...i was thinking we will have to provide taliban with some amunation...:enjoy:

@kurup @Ammyy @Vinod2070 @danish_vij @jarves

Even components that were originally outsourced to foreign firms,like the Main Gear box( that had been outsourced to German company ZF ) , have significant Indian content...

The first series of ALH MGBs ( designed by ZF ) were spectacular failures – these would not even last one hour of ground run on the Ground Test Vehicle (GTV). After every ground run, shed gear material would be found on the magnetic plugs indicating commencement of gear teeth failures. Initially ZF’s MGBs stubbornly refused to improve despite various efforts and this threatened to bring the whole project literally and figuratively to a grinding halt. After MBB and ZF left, it took our dedicated in-house transmission team many years of sweat and hard work, to recover the situation by going back
to the drawing board, experiment with several remedial measures and introduce numerous modifications, so as to gradually bring the MGB to production standard
. Obviously, this caused severe delays in the project.

About the author: Gp Capt (Ret’d) Hari Nair VM, an NDA Graduate of 63rd Course was commissioned in the helicopter stream in the IAF in Dec 1983. He underwent the Experimental Test Pilot course at ASTE, IAF in 1991-92 and graduated from the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington in 1996. He was associated with the Dhruv (ALH) programme since 1992 and commanded a combined Chetak-Cheetah unit in the Western Sector. He formed and commanded the Sarang Helicopter Display Team comprising Dhruv helicopters, during 2003-2005. He served as Chief Operations Officer, in an IAF base in the North-East. He joined Flight Ops (RW), HAL in 2009 and has clocked over 6,000 hours of accident or incident-free flight hours.

http://aeroindiaseminar.in/admin/technical/pdf/_1358752354PaperLessonslearntfromALHProject.pdf

This is why we can safely say that Dhruv is an Indian developed helicopter .

@DESERT FIGHTER Do we need to start from the beginning again?Anyway about the engine..

About design-MBB is only employed by HAL to provide consultancy for the basic ALH design.15 West German engineers were present 15 at the Bangalore site.This was set against a HAL design team of 250 engineers assisted by 700 technicians

Anyway about the engine..

For its first application, the Dhruv, a first engine variant christened the Ardiden 1H1 (or "Shakti" in India), offering a power of 1,400 shp, is jointly developed and producted with HAL.

Turbomeca - Ardiden

Indian Army and Air force wanted engines with power higher than TM333-2B2 forDhruv helicopters. An agreement was signed with M/s Turbomeca, France in 2002 for the Co –development of Shakti engine . ETBRDC was entrusted with the design and supply of the oil pumps, oil cooling system, the filter unit and the external dressing. Engineers of ETBRDC also took part in casing modelling, rotor dynamics and stress analysis at Turbomeca, France.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would put up a more detailed post tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom