What's new

India to order large number of Javelin anti-tank missiles from US

Nag haven't been inducted yet?Why
I thought it has been inducted.A very surprising news indeed

Nag haven't been inducted yet?Why
I thought it has been inducted.A very surprising news indeed

Nag has been ordered for mass production as of July 2010 and Bharat dynamics plans to produce 100 missiles per year. which i believe is slow for a large army like Indian army.

So meanwhile we get substantial amount of Nags,we wouldn't mind getting our hands on advanced missile like Javelin.

Than what is the platform for Nag.Just attack helicopters.Indian army currently have no portable antitank missile.Is there any indeginous program for that.

(From wiki)

Attack helicopters plus an anti tank vehicle (NAMICA)

300px-Nag_with_NAMICA_Defexpo-2008.JPG

It does say DRDO plans to develop a man portable version in the near future

Than what is the platform for Nag.Just attack helicopters.

The platform for Nag missile is NAMICA(Nag Missile Carrier)

Nag_with_NAMICA_Defexpo-2008.JPG

Indian army currently have no portable antitank missile.

We do,but they are 2nd generation ones(obsolete)

Is there any indeginous program for that.
A man-portable version of Nag is under-development.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! JAobserver,you bet me to it

Javelin was offered to Pak as aid for the WOT, in the next year or two - you might also hear of a large offer to PA.

Last edited:
Nag was offered to Pak as aid for the WOT, in the next year or two - you might also hear of a large offer to PA.

Nag was offered to Pak as aid for the WOT?

if you mean Javelin,i doubt that too,

why would need anti-tank missile for WOT? unless the Taliban/TTP are riding abandoned Soviet T-72s into Pakistan.

Nag was offered to Pak as aid for the WOT?

if you mean Javelin,i doubt that too,

why would need anti-tank missile for WOT? unless the Taliban/TTP are riding abandoned Soviet T-72s into Pakistan.

Typo, meant to say Javelin - military industrial complex needs to make it's money - this was offered by a senior American military officer.

If the deal goes through, it will be through the counter insurgency fund, and the initial numbers will be about a 1000:smokin:

Typo, meant to say Javelin - military industrial complex needs to make it's money - this was offered by a senior American military officer.

If the deal goes through, it will be through the counter insurgency fund, and the initial numbers will be about a 1000:smokin:

If India is able to get hold of Iron Fist from Israel, we would need something still better than Javelin.. Chinese friends are best at finding solutions like that :toast_sign:

GOOD news...I hope indian army will buy upto 10,000 of these little beasts...:sniper:

GOOD news...I hope indian army will buy upto 10,000 of these little beasts...:sniper:

I dnt think army should go for that mauch no they may order around 1000 missile coze javelin is costlier missile and menpad nag is underdevelopment which is better for our industries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom