What's new

India to give up Chumar post for Chinese withdrawal?

Welcome back to China, Chumar. Those timid Indians were willing to carve away territory without even firing a bullet. Just the sight of our armored division made them take a step back!

24wukxh.jpg

5eajau.jpg

whxt94.jpg

o934gk.jpg

These are paddy fields, Not Ladakh terrain, Right?

These are paddy fields, Not Ladakh terrain, Right?

Don't spoil their dream CCP has fed them that cr@p they believe that they are some super duper power and when they march to New Delhi Indian Armed Forces would just step away for the new Supa Powa

Firstly this is speculation , secondly it says India will only demolish its bunkers in Chumar. Nothing about /giving up Chumar. Just a simple case of typical ToI sensationalisation of news and some kids and their cheerleaders get all excited.

It seems you are seeing the rain drops, but do not see the clouds up there that caused rains.

More speculation after falling flat on your face once again?

How have I fallen on my face? Everything I've said has been conditional, I've looked at the different possibilities that could have played out. Actually in one of my posts I did say one of the possibilities for the standoff is both armies withdraw from the area, and I was right.

Here's what I said before the standoff ended. Exact quote.

Posted: April 30, 2013

Now the question becomes, will this standoff break out into actual military conflict, that question remains to be seen. Two results can occur, a diplomatic route where both armies withdraw from the area or some other agreement, the second a military conflict. If military conflict breaks out there is clearly no doubt China will be the victor by a crushing margin, China will probably not hesitate to strike elsewhere in India as well.

-A1Kaid

http://www.defence.pk/forums/senior...itary-standoff-india-ladakh-april-2013-a.html

Now that you have been proven wrong I suggest you shut your mouth.

Now if this chest thumping is over, let us pause for a moment and think about the ramifications of the whole episode.
China made all the right noises recently of increased co-operation with India raising hopes for a new beginning before this bitter episode began and took its toll.
Now assume for a moment that Chinese society thinks of India is same light as HongWu portrays, it cannot deny the fact that, China has significant trade relations with India.
Relations with China in the past on Indian part are always marred with disbelief and lack of trust since 1962 and incidence like these will only put pressure on New Delhi to be cautious and vigilant.
Last year China was already at loggerhead over South China Sea and now this incidence will only strain the ties with its neighbors.
There is no doubt in the fact that China will soon be the biggest economy in the world, but as history tells us money does buy you support but not friendship.
We will perhaps never get to know if GoI stuck some deal with China to end the stalemate especially amidst our sensation mongering media, but one things remains for sure, an average Indian's mindset will become more negative against China even more. And these things do get reflected in country's foreign policy.
But can China afford so much negativity all around its borders, Beijing must think hard.

There are two issues here

1) The first point is that why is the govt still lying that it did not concede anything.
2) Regarding Chinese they will look at their best interest. Going by their track record I won't give them too much of benefit of doubt. This is a typical case of crawling on the knees. So what next are we going to give them - DBO. Since Its a barren land and no grass grows there. And its disputed. Since the Chinese don't recongnize the border won't be surprised if they claim whole of India in a few years.

First we need to exam the intention or strategic goal of the PLA here at this disputed territory this time. It is fair to say its goal was not to take Ladakh and assert its control over this disputed territory. Its action or reaction was due to the permanent bunker that had been established by the India patrols. So if Indian government had agreed to demolish those bunkers then there is no reason for PLA to stay in this disputed terriotry any longer.

That being said, it is also not fair to accuse of Indian government lying by saying that they did not concede anything to China for its withdraw, because in reallity China did not gain a square inch of Land through this standoff. There is no sign that China used this standoff as a bargining chip to make any deal with India. Now everything is back to where it is. The only question now is when will those permanent structures in this disputed territory be demolished.

^there is a high chance nothing will be demolished. cheap words were given to the chinese as a face saver.
if anything, GOI will further loosen its purse strings for border infrastructure. the fact that our side of the border is not fully prepped for a fight was highlighted again and again.

^there is a high chance nothing will be demolished. cheap words were given to the chinese as a face saver.
if anything, GOI will further loosen its purse strings for border infrastructure. the fact that our side of the border is not fully prepped for a fight was highlighted again and again.

I don't know if dismantling some small brick sturcture right next to the border should be considered a 'significant' concession. This to facilitate discussions and formal line drawing? After the borders have been signed on, it'll become ours anyway- we can do whatever we want then.

First we need to exam the intention or strategic goal of the PLA here at this disputed territory this time. It is fair to say its goal was not to take Ladakh and assert its control over this disputed territory. Its action or reaction was due to the permanent bunker that had been established by the India patrols. So if Indian government had agreed to demolish those bunkers then there is no reason for PLA to stay in this disputed terriotry any longer.

That being said, it is also not fair to accuse of Indian government lying by saying that they did not concede anything to China for its withdraw, because in reallity China did not gain a square inch of Land through this standoff. There is no sign that China used this standoff as a bargining chip to make any deal with India. Now everything is back to where it is. The only question now is when will those permanent structures in this disputed territory be demolished.

The said 'permanent sturctures' are not even propoer buildings. They're just small brick strucrues- maybe a few cots kept for ppl to sleep, some food, maybe even a loo for ppl.

Back
Top Bottom