What's new

India to get mine-resistant vehicles

it has already been reported and there are many threads on this issue in this forum. US force used them, they got damage and now they want to sell in 2nd hand to others because US does not see any point of taking them back which will be costly.
My bad, didn't know that. Thanks for that. Can you share some of the links, that would be of great help.

Abe aaj tujhe kya ho gaya hai ? kuchh bhi bake ja raha hai . . . they are fully operational :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
lion.gif

My bad, didn't know that. Thanks for that. Can you share some of the links, that would be of great help.
pakistani members know those links better, @DESERT FIGHTER bro, you have them ?

Bhai agar operational nahi hain to waha NATO forces kya use kar rahe hain ? baba ji ka thulu ? :lol:
Yhi maine kaha but BD bola ke US waale hi bole ke wo operational nhi h which i highly doubt. Aachar thodi daal rhe h wahan pde :lol:

@chak de INDIA Bhai lgta h baat to sahi bol rha h. Here:

As it turns out, the Pentagon produced a glut of the mine-resistant, ambush-protected trucks. The military brass has now calculated that it's not worth the cost of shipping home damaged, worn or excess MRAPs to bases already deemed oversupplied with the blast-deflecting vehicles.

As they are "demilitarized," many of the MRAPs are sold as scrap metal to eager Afghan buyers.

From MRAP to scrap: U.S. military chops up $1-million vehicles - Los Angeles Times

Yhi maine kaha but BD bola ke US waale hi bole ke wo operational nhi h which i highly doubt. Aachar thodi daal rhe h wahan pde :lol:

@chak de INDIA Bhai lgta h baat to sahi bol rha h. Here:

Scape wale alag hain

from the same article

MRAPs in good working condition are being offered for sale as-is to approved U.S. military allies. But they are not being offered to Afghan security forces because the Pentagon has concluded that they contain too much sophisticated computer technology for the still-developing Afghan military to operate. Maintenance of the vehicles is also too difficult for Afghan soldiers, more than half of whom are illiterate.

Scape wale alag hain

from he same article

MRAPs in good working condition are being offered for sale as-is to approved U.S. military allies. But they are not being offered to Afghan security forces because the Pentagon has concluded that they contain too much sophisticated computer technology for the still-developing Afghan military to operate. Maintenance of the vehicles is also too difficult for Afghan soldiers, more than half of whom are illiterate.

@BDforever Here, all of them aren't wasted.

@chak de INDIA Yay!!:yahoo:

@GR!FF!N

The Buffolo and Couger MRAPs truly are a class apart from the OFB MPVs currently in service:

Buffalo_MPCV_02.jpg

500px-Flag_of_al-Qaeda_in_Iraq.svg.png

+ @Tshering22 surely you want the CAPFs out there putting their a$$es on the line to have the best possible protection, or you think they'll prefer something that has less protection but at least has an Indian manufacturers badge on it?

MRAP Saves Lives in Afghanistan : Great History
http://www.dcma.mil/communicator/summer08/1_agency_news/DCMA_Communicator_v08n02_pp6-pp7.pdf
Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle Mrap Saves Lives - Video17.in
MRAP: Plenty of AC, saves lives, too

do these MRAPs are ideal for Indian Roads,where quality of the roads is worse and there is high probability that Maoists have possessed capable Rocket Launchers??

Which one bro? i didn't know that.
Jharkhand Police use the Mahindra MPV:

MPV-I%2Bimage.jpg

CRPF use the TATA MPV:

tata-mine-vehicle.jpg

CRPF, IA, BSF etc also use the OFB MPV:

25sn0v4.jpg

i think India is very good in producing MRAP, should go for them and these will be not be cheap, after buyhing them you will have to repair them.

because those are not in operational condition

it has already been reported and there are many threads on this issue in this forum. US force used them, they got damage and now they want to sell in 2nd hand to others because US does not see any point of taking them back which will be costly.

Nope, no and no again. These are coming through the FMS route that means the MRAPs will be offered as part of a package that will include maintenance, spares, training- everything. They will be 100% operational.

Do you really think the GoI would spend millions on buying damaged and non-operational vehicles? That's illogical to say the least.

One of the 2,000 ex Iraq War US MRAPs sold to S.Korea:

1128695027.jpg

Looking in pretty good condition to me.

do these MRAPs are ideal for Indian Roads,where quality of the roads is worse and there is high probability that Maoists have possessed capable Rocket Launchers??
What rocket launchers do the Moasits have worth mentioning? Zilch. As for Indian roads, the US has been using these things in Afghanistan where there are no roads to speak of for the most part so.....

Last edited:
Well considering they survived Afghanistan I think they will be fine in India, but then again the bridges might have some problem since they will be heavier. As for RPG's, the side mesh or bars are made for blocking RPGs it was invented when the US forces found out that their APC's in Iraq where not cut out to take multiple hits from RPG's so they added those bars to stop the force of the RPG before it actually comes into contact with the main body, cheap way of protection, which is not as good as ERA tiles but works pretty well.

Well considering they survived Afghanistan I think they will be fine in India, but then again the bridges might have some problem since they will be heavier. As for RPG's, the side mesh or bars are made for blocking RPGs it was invented when the US forces found out that their APC's in Iraq where not cut out to take multiple hits from RPG's so they added those bars to stop the force of the RPG before it actually comes into contact with the main body, cheap way of protection, which is not as good as ERA tiles but works pretty well.
That slat armour won't be needed, the Naxals have little other than IEDs to fight with- they have barely and RPGs to speak of and I don't think any CAPF vehicle has ever come under RPG fire from the Naxals.

That slat armour won't be needed, the Naxals have little other than IEDs to fight with- they have barely and RPGs to speak of and I don't think any CAPF vehicle has ever come under RPG fire from the Naxals.

actually,they do have crude rocket launchers,which may be not as powerful as RPG-7,but still do their job.plus,they do attacked Police using this.

Downed chopper: Police say Maoists making propellers, rocket launchers - Indian Express

probably Side Mesh could hold them off.Me too want these MRAP into Indian Service.but I want to study their shortcomings.thats all.

1) It's not stealing if we pay for it. Paying for military hardware may be an alien concept to you, being so used to getting handouts on american charity.
2) These belong to the US army, not to the Aghan army or govt.
3) The Afghans would be glad to have these go to their friends India, who are training and assisting them to eliminate the talibani terrorist scum patronized by Pakistanis. Earlier they were complaining only because there were wishful rumours in the Pakistani press that they would be delivered to Pakistan through yet another bakshish.
Nobody is paying for any left over American stuff in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom