What's new

India to get mine-resistant vehicles

Instead Buy mahindra, tata or Leyland MRAP....
We won't take them. We have indigenous alternatives, or we can buy first-hand with ToT.

Give them to our neighbour, they are in need of donations.
Wait what? We already have vehicles built by TATA for this job that the army uses. Why do we need MRAPS for the CRPF and other parliamentary forces
its good actually..... all this is being bought for CPRF they have budget constrains ,, where this comes in cheap compareed to new ones ... also new MRAP are not battle proven it will take some for that .it will be precious for our para forces...... becoz you cannot get all new it will be coslty with lesser no. of MRAP..good decision

They can but are they good enough ?

28jyc7.jpg

34106d1381733427-pakistan-army-chief-rejects-taliban-offer-talks-conditions-2a9865y.png

^^ Burraq MRAP made by HIT.

It looks cheap & weak compared to those mine-protected vehicles made in India by Tata Motors or anyone else :

Tata-LAMV-Light-Armoured-Mobility-Vehicle-pic-1.jpg

And US has far more experience in making Mine-resistance troop vehicles than India. So it's obvious
Pak drooling over them even if they're 2nd hand and littered by Afghanistanis all over. I'd take those
over anything made by HIT, anyday.
Well..... at least they tried :)

BTW - the link for the article.
India to get mine-resistant vehicles - Hindustan Times

surprising news - I thought it was being given to Pakistan..

Kitna deti hai?.

nope.Pakistan is out of the picture.USA itself said that.

but I want to point out one of the flaw.CRPF stopped using MPV as it was easy target and they preferred walk over these MPVs.don't know about MRAP's true capability,but Jungle Warfare is better done by foot than these vehicles.Maoists regularly targets CRPF's Bulletproof and Mine Protection Vehicles.

its good actually..... all this is being bought for CPRF they have budget constrains ,, where this comes in cheap compareed to new ones ... also new MRAP are not battle proven it will take some for that .it will be precious for our para forces...... becoz you cannot get all new it will be coslty with lesser no. of MRAP..good decision

CRPF already has indigenous MPVs developed by Mahindra & DLSi

DLSI-MPV-I.jpg

dp7sept11003.jpg

Even in Dantawala where 76 CRPF personnel died hey were travelling in the OFB MRAPs and those backward things did little to protect their occupants.

the reason for this was big mouth of OFB.everybody knows the capability of these MPVs and Maoists are putting larger IEDs now,which sometimes consists as much as 80 Kg HE.

read this....

This targeting of an MPV followed a landmine blast carried out a few days earlier in which another MPV was paralysed. While this earlier incident involved the use of eight kg of TNT equivalent of explosive material, in the September 3 incident, the Maoists multiplied the quantity of explosive material by ten times! Thus, the first lesson was learnt! The lesson was: ‘an MPV has the capability to withstand only a certain limited quantity of TNT equivalent of explosive material’. The website of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), in fact, gives in splendid detail all the design features, technical data, protection capability and the stabilised remote-controlled weapon station that is mounted on the MPV! It notes that protection is limited to “14 kg TNT under tyres, 10 kg TNT under hull and 10 kg IED on side walls”. On the other hand, an MPV without RCSS feature can withstand a mine blast of “14 kg TNT under wheels and 10 kg under hull”. The Maoists did not have to experiment to know how to defeat an MPV. All the details are available for the asking!

Maoists understand the limitations of Mine Proof Vehicles | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

just like this,we know that around 150 kg HE could disable/destroy an MRAP,Maoists too will plant massive IEDs and will target these new MRAPs.

So basically Indians r asking these vehicles that Pakistan r suppose to get and stealing Afghan's Army items!!!

Hmm it would be very interesting to see what Afghan Gov has to say abt it.

1) It's not stealing if we pay for it. Paying for military hardware may be an alien concept to you, being so used to getting handouts on american charity.
2) These belong to the US army, not to the Aghan army or govt.
3) The Afghans would be glad to have these go to their friends India, who are training and assisting them to eliminate the talibani terrorist scum patronized by Pakistanis. Earlier they were complaining only because there were wishful rumours in the Pakistani press that they would be delivered to Pakistan through yet another bakshish.

Instead Buy mahindra, tata or Leyland MRAP....

mahindra-MRAP
kaiman_mtv.jpg

Tata MRAP

290.jpg

leyland MRAP

mpv.jpg

Oh you know this stupid Foreign-hijacked UPA government.

Always buying from abroad like anything despite local capabilities.

- Submarine deal to let Pipavav and L&T get involved canceled.
- Barred any private firm from even component level participation from MMRCA
- Chose the CH-47 instead of Mi-26T which is highly improved and completely digital.
- Chose AH-64 instead of Mi-28N.
- DRDO fought uphill battle to induct more Arjuns despite their proven worth in the Arjun vs T-90 showdown.
- Chose to import ATGMs rather than speeding up Nag and developing its MANPAD variant.
- Chose to import IFVs instead of going at it alone despite potential and capabilities.
- Chose the Hawks rather than speeding up IJT-36.
- Sat and ruined Bofors technology for 25 years despite sitting on full ToT by Sweden. Now planning to import again.

There are N number of cases like these.

This government has destroyed so many chances of getting local players a big boost using some or the other flimsy excuse. TATA provides excellent systems but instead we will be using imported material again.

MPVs were inducted in such limited quantities but still the government wants to IMPORT.

defence is the last big SCAM.

You guys are idiots. Once again, you have shown why we lack visionaries with real world applications. By accpeting a few US mine resistant vehicles, we get to see what pakistan has. By doing so, we can exploit this tech and see what are the weaknesses. Get a clue.....how to fight a war.....

the reason for this was big mouth of OFB.everybody knows the capability of these MPVs and Maoists are putting larger IEDs now,which sometimes consists as much as 80 Kg HE.

read this....

This targeting of an MPV followed a landmine blast carried out a few days earlier in which another MPV was paralysed. While this earlier incident involved the use of eight kg of TNT equivalent of explosive material, in the September 3 incident, the Maoists multiplied the quantity of explosive material by ten times! Thus, the first lesson was learnt! The lesson was: ‘an MPV has the capability to withstand only a certain limited quantity of TNT equivalent of explosive material’. The website of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), in fact, gives in splendid detail all the design features, technical data, protection capability and the stabilised remote-controlled weapon station that is mounted on the MPV! It notes that protection is limited to “14 kg TNT under tyres, 10 kg TNT under hull and 10 kg IED on side walls”. On the other hand, an MPV without RCSS feature can withstand a mine blast of “14 kg TNT under wheels and 10 kg under hull”. The Maoists did not have to experiment to know how to defeat an MPV. All the details are available for the asking!

Maoists understand the limitations of Mine Proof Vehicles | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

just like this,we know that around 150 kg HE could disable/destroy an MRAP,Maoists too will plant massive IEDs and will target these new MRAPs.
The Taliban have been trying this for the best part of a decade ad whilst they've knocked out quite a few MRAPs, to date not a single passenger has suffered anything more than a few scratches and bruises- not a SINGLE fatality! In most cases the damaged MRAPs have been repaired and put back into service.

I have no doubt these MRAPs are going to dramatically change the game on the ground and put some serious wind in the CAPF's sails in their fight against the Naxals. If their are areas they think are too risky with their current MPVs, they can move in with these MRAPs with little fear of suffering casualties let alone fatalities.

Good Good, India has decided to go for junks instead of new one LOL Does India know that those are not in working condition, they need some repairments ? LOL

The Taliban have been trying this for the best part of a decade ad whilst they've knocked out quite a few MRAPs, to date not a single passenger has suffered anything more than a few scratches and bruises- not a SINGLE fatality! In most cases the damaged MRAPs have been repaired and put back into service.

I have no doubt these MRAPs are going to dramatically change the game on the ground and put some serious wind in the CAPF's sails in their fight against the Naxals. If their are areas they think are too risky with their current MPVs, they can move in with these MRAPs with little fear of suffering casualties let alone fatalities.

It would be nice if we could replace the engine of these MRAPs with our desi engines after a few years n extend their life n reduce maintenance cost.:)

Back
Top Bottom