What's new

India to get mine-resistant vehicles

Well if they do go ahead with this, what about service issues?

Well if they do go ahead with this, what about service issues?
FMS route means the vehicles will be offered as part of a package that will include spares, training, maintenance contracts etc etc.

The Indian automotive industry will likely be able to source much of the spares within India over time.

Thanks for the clarification.

Looks good then. GoI deserves a pat on its back for this, been rare to see such effective yet cheap defense procurements under the UPA regime, but then such opportunities don't arise often.

They can but are they good enough ?

28jyc7.jpg

34106d1381733427-pakistan-army-chief-rejects-taliban-offer-talks-conditions-2a9865y.png

^^ Burraq MRAP made by HIT.

It looks cheap & weak compared to those mine-protected vehicles made in India by Tata Motors or anyone else :

Tata-LAMV-Light-Armoured-Mobility-Vehicle-pic-1.jpg

And US has far more experience in making Mine-resistance troop vehicles than India. So it's obvious
Pak drooling over them even if they're 2nd hand and littered by Afghanistanis all over. I'd take those
over anything made by HIT, anyday.
its all about cost.
HIT can make tanks , upgrades all tanks to zarrar standard.
those were brought and ordered to be just resistant to gunfire with limited Armour not for anti mine operations

So basically Indians r asking these vehicles that Pakistan r suppose to get and stealing Afghan's Army items!!!

Hmm it would be very interesting to see what Afghan Gov has to say abt it.

So basically Indians r asking these vehicles that Pakistan r suppose to get and stealing Afghan's Army items!!!

Hmm it would be very interesting to see what Afghan Gov has to say abt it.

Yeah well, it'd be interesting to see what Afghanistan has to say about this. But its dead against giving these military equipments to Pakistan. Just read an hour ago:

Quote from an article: The Afghan Senate described the decision a “breach of agreement in the war on terror and if the US is honest to its promises in the war on terror it should avoid giving weapons to a country which supports terrorism and is involved in shedding bloods of the Afghans, Americans and other nations,” the Afghan official Bakhtar news agency reported.
(Source: Surplus armour: US says not handing over military gear to Pakistan – The Express Tribune)

I definitely didn't see that coming!

Last edited:
Does that mean India put pressure on America to not to sell it to Pakistan??

We won't take them. We have indigenous alternatives, or we can buy first-hand with ToT.

Give them to our neighbour, they are in need of donations.
But the article says...

The spadework for the acquisition has already begun through the foreign military sales route with Pentagon inclined to sell “excess defence articles” to India rather than be captured by Taliban forces after the drawdown.

Are we getting it for free??

Does that mean India put pressure on America to not to sell it to Pakistan.
Nah, US was in a dilemma where they can't leave all the equipment in Afghanistan where it will most likely sit and rust since Afghanistan doesn't have military budget big enough to maintain all the MRAPs, and also there is a possibility that it might fall in the hands of terrorists. And second one was that Pakistan has its hands in Afghanistan terrorists groups case so it would not be wise to give them equipment which might end up being used against their interest.

Hahabhaa Indians were laughing at Pakistan for taking these vehicles lol

Nah, US was in a dilemma where they can't leave all the equipment in Afghanistan where it will most likely sit and rust since Afghanistan doesn't have military budget big enough to maintain all the MRAPs, and also there is a possibility that it might fall in the hands of terrorists. And second one was that Pakistan has its hands in Afghanistan terrorists groups case so it would not be wise to give them equipment which might end up being used against their interest.
Yeah thats what we think,it is not official stance of America,is it??,or you are saying that American officials said to Pakistanis that we wont give it to you because of the reason mentioned above??

Btw-Are we getting it for free??

Yeah thats what we think,it is not official stance of America,is it??,or you are saying that American officials said to Pakistanis that we wont give it to you because of the reason mentioned above??

Btw-Are we getting it for free??
Highly doubt it would be free, my guess as Abing said, it would be dirt cheap since US doesn't want to haul the things all the way back to US. They will probably sell them to us a fraction of the cost of the new ones.

Highly doubt it would be free, my guess as Abing said, it would be dirt cheap since US doesn't want to haul the things all the way back to US. They will probably sell them to us a fraction of the cost of the new ones.
Then we should take the offer from both hands,after all we are baniyas :D

Back
Top Bottom