What's new

India to ease visa rules for Bangladeshis:

Well this is dated by at least 4 years but does indicate a general trend. It shows the top 15 visitors by nationality in 2005 and BD is not on that list. And since BD was sending less than 50K tourists in 2005 (the 15th country there was at 45K btw), I hardly expect the number to increase 10 times in 5 years to 500K, as you put it. It would be great if you could dig up data that shows otherwise.

Foreign Tourist Arrival In India 2004-2005 by Gour Kanjilal, Tourist Arrivals To India From Top Fifteen Countries During The Year 2005 With Comparison For The Year 2004 by Gour Kanjilal, India Tourism Statistics by Gour Kanjilal

Again, any number of visitors/tourists is good. I dont intend to start an unnecessary debate here. Was just trying to counter the posts about tourist figures. All in good spirit. :)

I dont know why Bangladesh was ommitted from the list. Here is the complete picture. And the figure is from 2005.

New Delhi, June 10: British and Americans are the most number of tourists to India according to the latest figure available with Indian government.

6,51,083 tourists from United Kingdom top the most number of tourists to India, followed by 6,11,165 tourists from United States.

While Pakistan and China are emerging as major east Asian tourist sources for India, as visitors inflow from both the countries registered a 31 per cent rise in 2005.

About 88,609 people from Pakistan visited India in 2005 as compared to just 10,364 in 2003, according to a study by industry body FICCI.

Tourist arrival from China was 44,897 in 2005 as against 34,100 in 2003.

There was, however, a modest decline in number of visitors from Bangladesh and Bhutan in 2005 as against an otherwise upward trend, the chamber added.

This surge in visitors from Pakistan and China is mainly due to confidence building measures (CBM) by business bodies since 2003-2004, FICCI said in a statement.

“Emergence of China as a fast-growing tourist source for India could be attributed to the intensive campaign launched by the government and the large number of business delegations coming from the provinces of China”, it added.

The top 10 tourism source markets for India in 2005 were the UK (6,51,083 tourists), the US (6,11,165), Bangladesh (4,56,371), Canada (1,57,643), France (1,52,258), Sri Lanka (1,36,400), Germany (1,20,243), Japan (1,03,082), Malaysia (96,276) and Australia (96,258).
http://samaw.com/british-americans-are-top-tourists-to-india/79

Also keep in mind that most UK and USA tourist are non resident Indian living in USA and UK only. They come here to visit their familly unlike Bangladeshis.

Now that was unwarranted and ill-informed Iajdani. How did you infer that? Did you conduct a survey? I had Kashmiri Muslim women as my classmates in my B-school in Delhi. Wonder how they managed.

No I did not. But I heard that from students only as one of my friend is a teacher in that college.

Isn't there like a famous Bollywood actress who is Kashmiri Katrina something?

No I did not. But I heard that from students only as one of my friend is a teacher in that college.

But that would mean that Kashmiri Muslim women are deliberately preyed upon in India. Pretty illogical and unheard of my friend. Agreed, Delhi is not amongst the safest of cities for women in India, but a religious angle to it all is quite incredible.

I dont know why Bangladesh was ommitted from the list. Here is the complete picture. And the figure is from 2005.

Also keep in mind that most UK and USA tourist are non resident Indian living in USA and UK only. They come here to visit their familly unlike Bangladeshis.

This is weird. All other figures match up apart from BD's. Let me see if I can find any other source to corroborate the earlier piece.

You gotta check you figures for tourist arrivals in India. I believe Americans constitute the biggest chunk of tourists to India. In fact I'd be surprised if BD figures even in Top 10.

But that's besides the point. The comment by Mahavira was unwarranted.

I wasn't very sure about it too.But I read in an article which said such.BD definitely has one of the largest if not the largest.But anyways,I put up my point which I wanted to show Mahavira.

^^^^^ how much of it from cattle trade and tourism. indians would not admit but its a big chunk. But overall indian earning from Bangladesh is much larger than $10 billion.

Stop ranting would you? Back up your posts with proof or do not post at all.

Stop ranting would you? Back up your posts with proof or do not post at all.

Go and seat in your airport and start counting the deshi skins who shows American and British passport. Dont forget to report me back..:tup:

Its a good step towards co-operation and development.The new changes will allow more and more Bangladeshis to travel to India for various purposes,be it business,tourism medical treatment or education.

But at the same time,something must be done to send the illegal immigrants back to their home.They pose a serious economic and law & order threat.

Bangladeshi Migrants: The Problem beyond Frontiers

Is there a cure for indian ethnic clensing syndrome?Our bad, india is good at manufacturing news and stats to provide food for communal and class hatred.

hostile enemy land ?????? are you joking ?????? i think you have forgotten India's role in the creation of your country. Very sad indeed. I always think India should have not done anything in 1971, im sure your idea of "Hostile Enemy land" would be quite different then.

What is so sad about and why 71 needs to be link on every damn thing? We are in 2010. I do not care about the even of 71. It happened because it was destine to happen. So find some other people to talk about 71. Spare me from this.

Now I still know that bharat is an enemy country and we should not even spend a dime to your economy.

But that would mean that Kashmiri Muslim women are deliberately preyed upon in India. Pretty illogical and unheard of my friend. Agreed, Delhi is not amongst the safest of cities for women in India, but a religious angle to it all is quite incredible.

Not really. It is obvious that kashmiri Muslim women will find it safer in Muslim BD then bharati main land. They are our sisters. :tup:

Majority Kashmiri Muslim do not think that they are bharati and off course Kashmir still a disputed territory occupied by terrorist Bharat. :tdown:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom