What's new

India To Develop 1000 Islands and 300 Lighthouses For Tourism!

I hope tourism doesn't turn our country into the next Thailand.
Look at what tourism has done to GOA, a state in India known for its "tourism" culture.

Harsh...if it wasn't for tourism, Goa would have been a little more than a village.

Harsh...if it wasn't for tourism, Goa would have been a little more than a village.
Any idea of what is happening in Goa today???
Tourism isnt bad, but it has its perils. Goa not just attracts tourists but also perverts and paedophiles, easy availability of drugs and alcohol has made an entire generation addicted to it, from shack boys to tourists everyone needs it. Goa will soon be bracketed with places like Bangkok if Goa continues to have tourism as its core industry.

PS:
My parents live in Goa and I visit Goa every year.

Any idea of what is happening in Goa today???
Tourism isnt bad, but it has its perils. Goa not just attracts tourists but also perverts and paedophiles, easy availability of drugs and alcohol has made an entire generation addicted to it, from shack boys to tourists everyone needs it. Goa will soon be bracketed with places like Bangkok if Goa continues to have tourism as its core industry.

PS:
My parents live in Goa and I visit Goa every year.

That's a bit like saying that development is bad because it brings problems like pollution, traffic etc....For the people of Goa, tourism is what makes their state move. Without that, all you would have in Goa is a glorified village with no opportunities for locals. Every place with tourism of the beach kind will have these problems, people come to Goa to have a fun time and sometimes there is too much fun to be had. Can't do much about it.

The Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurating the On-line collection of Light dues system of Director General of Lighthouses & Lightships, in New Delhi on June 08, 2015.
s2015060866443.jpg

The Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Shri Nitin Gadkari addressing after inaugurating the On-line collection of Light dues system of Director General of Lighthouses & Lightships, in New Delhi on June 08, 2015. The Secretary, Ministry of Shipping, Shri Rajive Kumar is also seen.
s2015060866444.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom