What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

This deal is the craziest. :D Few hours away from the announcement & nobody still has a clue on what exactly is happening.:lol:

Hardcore negotiation and trying to get the price down and the French trying to get as much profit as they can is what is going on right now.

As far as the F-18 goes if I remember correctly it was issues with start up during cold-soak tests in Leh.
Common mate, You know better .
Every engine on that attitute need special tweak to operate in that thin air including Su-30mki, Mirage 2000 or any other.
Those are just lame excuse neither 2 days of work sorted the problem.
How do the old engine of F-18 work on LCA MK1 on that attitude ?
LCA MK2 uses Super Hornet engine hows that works in the Leh ?
Main problem in ToT which restrict the path of F-18

Every engine on that attitute need special tweak to operate in that thin air including Su-30mki, Mirage 2000 or any other.

Buddy download that PDF it will give you a better insight

@Manindra Let's be clear about one thing - US is an unreliable defense suppler in the eyes of the Indian establishment - both Military and Political - and we have many reasons to believe so - France’s steadfastness as a military ally contrasted strongly with that of the United States, which stopped F-16 deliveries to Pakistan (but kept the money) when it found it expedient to do so, and slowed or vetoed delivery of components for Light Combat Aircraft that India was developing. And, of course, the 1998 arms embargo, decreed by the US after India’s nuclear test in May of that year, left a very bad taste in Indian mouths. France, on the contrary, was the only Western nation not to impose sanctions on that occasion.

It was India’s real reason for eliminating Boeing and Lockheed Martin from the fighter competition; India has resolved, to buy only second-line equipment from the U.S., such as transport (C-17, C-130J) or maritime patrol aircraft (P-8I). Vital weapons such as missiles and fighters, when they cannot be locally produced, will remain the preserve of France and Russia.

What a joke is this,'Make in India' should be prime motto in France, eh? France in India or some foreign country.

Make in India should be by Indians themselves, invented indigenous, Indian raw materials, Indian skill.

Indians sure make a complete mockery of 'indigenous,' and 'make in India' slogans...and world laughs whenever an Indian comes up with indigenous, make in India empty words!

Don't worry we are moving in a right direction, this is a Tata Lockheed Martin Aerostructures Ltd

S8Vxnkk.jpg

This is a aerospace factory which your country never even dream about....

What a joke is this,'Make in India' should be prime motto in France, eh? France in India or some foreign country.

Make in India should be by Indians themselves, invented indigenous, Indian raw materials, Indian skill.

Indians sure make a complete mockery of 'indigenous,' and 'make in India' slogans...and world laughs whenever an Indian comes up with indigenous, make in India empty words!

The world admires !

F/A-18E/F
Advantages Disadvantages
Best AESA radar in a fourth-generation
aircraft
Excellent sensor fusion and system
integration
Advanced cooperative targeting
and EA capabilities
New advanced weaponry
Remarkable maneuverability
Excellent short fi eld performance
Moderate cost
High political benefits

Heavy weight*
Lacks organic IRST
Weaker energy addition compared
to competitors
Constrained technology transfer

I am reminded of few LINES from a Hindi song of the Movie DON

Pal Pal Ek Hulchul
Every moment there’s some movement / distraction

Dil Mein Ek Toofaan Hai
There’s a storm inside my heart

Aane Ko Hai, Woh Manzil
I’m about to reach that destination

Jiska Mujhe Armaan Hain
Which I had desired

Hardcore negotiation and trying to get the price down and the French trying to get as much profit as they can is what is going on right now.

That is the known part, the unknown part is what is it that they are negotiating......:lol: Never seen so much confusion so close to any announcement. Nobody knows whether the correct number of aircrafts being bought are 40 or 60, whether we are paying $4 billion or $7 billion, whether the MMRCA is being written off or merely modified.:undecided:

as for the so called TOT well its a joke on"patriots" which was care fully crafted by babu's of MOD , HAL and IAF to justify there kickbacks grabings from defnce purchases

no one is going to give his trade secrets just because your a big coustmar for his merchandise

looks like modi sarkar intends to tie the hands of the magician (corrupt officials) so he is taking the bull by its horns

I am not saying the F-18 couldn't be made to operate at those heights and relatively easily (as the DRDO have shown) but the fact is the F-18 Boeing took to Leh were not able to deliver the performance the IAF stipulated and hence they were marked down because of it. It is no good any of the OEMs saying "we can produce a better product given xyz" if that were the case they should have brought that product in the first place!

The ToT or lack thereof only would have become an issue had the F-18 been "down selected"with the Rafale and EFT. The trails and evaluations were 100% about technical capabilities, the sealed bids were only opened AFTER this down select and the bids of the non-down selected fighters (F-18, Gripen, F-16 and MiG-35) were returned to their OEMs unopened.

That is the known part, the unknown part is what is it that they are negotiating......:lol: Never seen so much confusion so close to any announcement. Nobody knows whether the correct number of aircrafts being bought are 40 or 60, whether we are paying $4 billion or $7 billion, whether the MMRCA is being written off or merely modified.:undecided:

3-4 years ago there was talk of buying 60+ off the shelf so if i was to bet I would say this figure to be right.

no its your short sightedness and nothing more. I dont hate him I dont even know him, for me modi is like you..why would i hate you?

Like I said in another thread, India will
buy Rafeal on current Modi trip. French
like English know the desi Psyche, roll
out the red carpet, make him feel
important and desi gets under
pressure...he will buy steel as a Gold.
isnt this statement itself a naive one. Mode went to French & we all knew from months ago a breakthrough will be reached. Given IAFs depleting numbers & threat perception it was imperetive to reach a conclusion in here. Isnt it short sightedness in your part to ignore these facts & relating the deal to buttering on part of france. :sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom