What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

This makes sense...... Especially when we know the capacity of our HAL.....

As far as practicability is concerned our ToT for engine has to come up from US (GE) and Russia (deal already on ).
Radar technologies has to come from Israel and Russia.
Avionics and other suites ToT from Israel and France like in MK-1, MK-2 and MKI.
Structural technologies from Russia and this deal.

Anyway ToT will surely be there in this deal.

Second report says India will break orders into two and Second lot of 60 + aircrafts will be assembled in India without any Transfer of technology (TOT) and will be delivered in Kit form for fighter aircrafts to be assembled in India . Since it will be local assembly without any TOT means aircrafts could be assembled at faster rates at a similar price.

Big Announcement of Rafale Possible soon | idrw.org

And mark my words . Rest of the money will go into AMCA/MK2/Su35S and PakFa
Right. I think its time govt listen to IAF's need as so far we relied on future projects ( like mmrca and lca saga) and ignored the current needs of IAF and as a result their sqdn strength gone down to 32-34. Its time we balance in current and future needs unlike in past.

It says that the direct purchase deal is more attractive.
certainly looks so, in the changed scenario, with government trying to bring in private players and money into aviation industry. I suppose if India can work out a reasonable ToT agreement with France on the issue and then the work is spread out in between a few Indian companies, it will be a far better scenario, than just keeping it confined to HAL.

Modi
Right now they are not. But in case of war they will ............. I don't think India will put its Rafales against Chinese Su30 and J11b..............
remember the quote of Russian defense analyst? ''Chinese Sukhois will kill Rafales like mosquitos'' 8-)
I beg Modi buy 60 Rafale ASAP to end this nightmare. If they can't afford, China will consider soft loan to India.

Right. I think its time govt listen to IAF's need as so far we relied on future projects ( like mmrca and lca saga) and ignored the current needs of IAF and as a result their sqdn strength gone down to 32-34. Its time we balance in current and future needs unlike in past.

True that. It will be even better if Frace can deliver 40 of these birds in a quick successetions as they promised before. What ever it may be be, it will be game changer in northeastern skies.

Mother of all BREAKING NEWS on RAFALE!!!! ......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on guys, by now it deserves to be called, Great Grandmother of all BREAKING NEWS. :D

certainly looks so, in the changed scenario, with government trying to bring in private players and money into aviation industry. I suppose if India can work out a reasonable ToT agreement with France on the issue and then the work is spread out in between a few Indian companies, it will be a far better scenario, than just keeping it confined to HAL.

Agreed bhaisahab. Monopoly of HAL has not brought anything revolutionary to our aero industry yet.

Mother of all BREAKING NEWS on RAFALE!!!! ......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on guys, by now it deserves to be called, Great Grandmother of all BREAKING NEWS. :D

:lol: let the boys to have their minutes of fame :D dont be a pasrty pooper :enjoy:

As far as practicability is concerned our ToT for engine has to come up from US (GE) and Russia (deal already on ).
Radar technologies has to come from Israel and Russia.
Avionics and other suites ToT from Israel and France like in MK-1, MK-2 and MKI.
Structural technologies from Russia and this deal.

Anyway ToT will surely be there in this deal.

But i wonder how authentic is this news????We had 100's of breaking news on MMRCA......

You want his email or something?

For what? Moderation is pretty strong there :P

You want his email or something?
If this deal can't go through, Indian members in this forum can't sleep tight. It really hurts their health. As a Prime Minister, Modi has the responsibility to meet the hope of the Indian members. Go get the fucking planes.

If this deal can't go through, Indian members in this forum can't sleep tight. It really hurts their health. As a Prime Minister, Modi has the responsibility to meet the hope of the Indian members. Go get the fucking planes.

Oh okay.

Sleep/health= Deal.

Got it.

What else?

Back
Top Bottom