What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

India has better SU 30's than Chinese SU 30's. On J11, coming from China, I cannot say the quality of these planes. Chinese are still nascent in fighter technology.
But Su30MKI are not for us? And Rafales are for China?
if Su30MKI are for China then simply Rafales are for Pakistan o_O
since they r for Pakistan so its our concern too :cuckoo:

But Su30MKI are not for us? And Rafales are for China?
if Su30MKI are for China then simply Rafales are for Pakistan o_O
since they r for Pakistan so its our concern too :cuckoo:

What I was saying is that SU MKI are good enough for Pak. Another 60 Rafales would not make a lot of difference to the strategic equation.

but at the end india get no technology. and 3 years of negotiation was for noting.
Well that's one way of looking at it...the other way would be...India tried to stick to its stand as it made sense however given the situation we are in and deadlock not going anywhere we need to do what's next best for us....

The OP is False!

French Company Dassault confirmed to media that it is not aware of any plans by India to buy french made Rafale fighter jet directly off the shelf, as reported in a certain section of India media. but media is still reporting that India has made a final decision on the purchase of Rafale jet and soon which will be discussed with french diplomats soon.

Big Announcement of Rafale Possible soon | idrw.org

What I was saying is that SU MKI are good enough for Pak. Another 60 Rafales would not make a lot of difference to the strategic equation.

Please refrain from putting offtopics subjects and make the thread derail from the purchase news.

As France has no other 5th Gen plans, Rafale will mutate in the coming future into something different.
Believe that too !

France is inducting 186 Rafales in the Armée de l'Air out of which they have already inducted 96 Aircrafts , Rafales will serve in French Air force till atleast yr 2040, when they will start retiring them in favour of a possible 5.5 Gen fighter.

Dassault is Desperate for an order, otherwise they will be out of the Fighter Business in 10 yrs.

The situation is even more dire for Boeing, MIG and EADS, without fresh orders, they will have to shut their fighter manufacturing units by 2017

1. Free up funds for AMCA , MK-2, and engine development programmes
2. Free up facilities and manpower of HAL for faster LCA Mk-1 and MK-2 production.
Guess two important points, now that HAL might be out of picture, it can focus elsewhere. Essentially that means IAF can start getting more fighters in a quicker time and government saving a lot of money.
& if Dassault starts assembling those machines in India, it will also allow private parties to get matured by the time AMCA and LCA Mk 2 start to go on assembly line, by pitching in with their own assembly lines. Surely there will be a mention of this in contract and understanding between the two countries.
Overall, guess this might actually be a better scenario as far as India (& domestic aviation industry) is concerned. This is looking very consistent with Make in India philosophy, with government trying to bring in as many private players as possible.
& should i say it sends a message to HAL as well.

but at the end india get no technology. and 3 years of negotiation was for noting.
and the plan for using the technology from rafel deal on AMCA and pak fa are also gone. now we need to develop all the technology by our own.
TOT is on the table. France offers more on direct purchase according to ndtv.

Sour grapes?

Also no need to buy so many 4.5 gen Rafale when India should be concentrating on getting 5 gen fighters. 60 Rafale can fill the gap till India gets PAKFA or even better if it can develop AMCA

I guess they will. Since Pakistan will go for some new plate form to counter Rafales.................and this will make a difference if PAF goes for J10b............ 36 or 64 of them will make a lot of difference

Back
Top Bottom